Intel Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 21, 2017
2,859 Interview Reviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Chandler, AZ) in April 2017.

Interview

applied online, got a call for phone screen after 2-3 weeks. The phone interview was very basic - no technical questions. 2-3 behavioral questions were asked and then asked to explain what you did at previous company. So, I would advise be very thorough about your work experience and present it nicely. After 3-4 business days, got an invite for on-site interview which was scheduled after a week. On site interview at Chandler had 4 interviews - 2 behavioral and 2 technical. The behavioral interviews are very easy and you just have to give examples of few situations you faced at your previous job or during an academic project. The first technical interview will be about basics of OOP, simple linked list creation/reverse program, basic SQL queries, data structure differences etc. Only pseudo code is enough, they don't want you to write the exact code but you should be prepared for it because I heard from other people who were interviewed that they were asked to code on a sheet of paper or whiteboard. The second technical interview is completely on your resume - you should know about each and every keyword you have mentioned in your resume. Motive behind this interview is to judge what exact position will fit you on the basis of your projects and work experience.
    Still waiting for results although I selected Yes I got an offer.. it's already 1 and a half week after the onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• MVC, SQL basic queries, Linked list creation, difference between list and hash table, hash map.   2 Answers

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in April 2017.

Interview

The entire process took about 2 months. I met the recruiter at NSBE 2017 conference and the next day got an interview with one of the hiring manager. The following week I heard from the same manager for an onsite interview. In two weeks I visited Intel Portland OR campus.

1. Started from 8 am with meeting the same manager who interviewed me at the conference.
    2. There was an hour long presentation Ph.D. research. There were some interesting questions but basics. Most of the audience of the presentation was same who are going to take my one on one interview.
    3. After the presentation, there were 5 one -on- one interview with Managers and area managers. Overall it was very casual talking and asking about conflict managements etc. some technical questions. One interviewer did her Ph.D. somewhat similar to what I did and she went nuts asking questions but I did calm her down!!! phew....
    4. There was a two-hour lunch with process engineers. Best time to learn as much as you can about the Intel, work culture, work life balance etc.
    5. After onsite, I waited 4 weeks but haven't heard back. So, I emailed the manager who invited me for onsite. He replied saying to give them 2-4 more weeks. Eventually, after 7 weeks I got email and phone call discussing the offer and later same day the offer.
    6. Overall, it's definitely a long process. Just be patient and keep applying until you hear back from them. If you did well, you will definitely hear back!

Interview Questions

• Technical from the Ph.D. presentation and Behavioural:
       One Interviewer seemed very interested in nanoscale heat transfer in porous media (something he did in his Ph.D. too). That's the only 1 hour of technical questions   Answer Question

Analog Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

It was a phone interview that would test how my qualifications would best fit the position. The interview lasted for 20 mins which was scheduled for 30 minutes. I was told that I would be given the result of the interview in 7 days. I have answered almost all the questions during the phone interview. Having not heard even after 10 days I have contacted the person who interviewed me. I was told that they are interviewing few more candidates and would get back to me once they decide a decision and path forward. It has been a month and a half from the date of the phone interview and I have not heard anything back from the person.

Interview Questions

• Given two plates of a capacitor connected to a voltage source which side of each plate would be charged and what would be the polarity?   Answer Question
    • How would you represent practical capacitor using RLC elements?   Answer Question
    • A question upon my project went into the details of what kind of op-amp being used in the amplifier and how the performance is achieved   Answer Question
    • What is DIBL?   Answer Question
    • Few questions on the MOSFET operation including the DIBL effect, and how vt of a MOSFET is improved when technology is being scaled down. How would one increase the gate capacitance   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in April 2017.

Interview

I gave me CV to a college recruiter. He called me 3 weeks later and did a phone interview and then invited me to an on-site interview in Portland. The interview was a week later and the company paid for all my travel expenses. Now it has been 2 weeks since the interview and i still haven't heard back. Many people has indicated that they received the rejection after 5 days and people who got an offer they heard back after almost a month.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a conflict you had at work   1 Answer

SSD Quality and Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Got a phone interview after speaking with a rep at my school and then about 3 weeks later was called for an onsite interview in Folsom, CA, had 5 interviews back to back.

Interview Questions

• - draw cross-section on nmos and explain how it works
      - Design a NAND gate using cmos
      - Design an inverter using cmos
      - Failure rate functions
      - NAND flash memory
      - How to find the total memory space used   Answer Question

Mixed Signal Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2017.

Interview

I got an email from the department asking if I am willing for an interview for 6-month internship. Basic Analog Questions. The interviewer asked questions specific to what they are working on. Most of the questions were basic but as I answered more the level of difficulty and complexity increased.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted for a phone interview 9 days later. The phone interview lasted for an hour consisted of both technical and behavioral questions. 2 days later, I was invited for an onsite interview scheduled 3 weeks later.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview was a phone interview with very few questions. Did not cover anywhere near the wide range of skills I have acquired over my long career. I did not care for this interview process. Good luck! :)

Interview Questions

• What is a user-defined table?   1 Answer

Sort Module Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

I applied online and I got a phone interview within 3 weeks. The interview lasted for 1 h and it involved a combination of both technical and behavioral questions. After 1 week, I got invitation for on-site interview at Hillsboro (OR). The onsite interview started at 10am till 5pm and different managers interviewed every 45 minutes. It was a great experience for the whole day and I got offer within 1.5 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose this job position?   1 Answer

SSD Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Denver, CO) in April 2017.

Interview

They were mainly focused on someone who had idea about what SSD technology is. Also, someone who knows more about memory technology and has some relevant testing experience. They also focused on someone who knew some basics of FPGA and designing of Memories in some software tools like Cadence