Intel Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 14, 2017
3,080 Interview Reviews

Pre Silicon Verification Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Ann Arbor, MI) in September 2017.

Interview

It was a phone interview that was primarily technical. There were combined questions on hardware and software and a few programming exercises. The hardware questions were mostly based on computer architecture.

Interview Questions

• They gave a structures and ordering problem to code in any prefered language and asked questions based on it. Mostly giving different cases and the resultant changes I would make.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in September 2017.

Interview

First hiring manager called over a phone. He briefly explains about the job position responsibility. Phone interview was about 30 minutes long. Then I had phone interview with staff scientist. It was about 40 minutes long. He asked me about my PhD thesis. More details on what types of work I did and what was the impact. I enjoyed the conversation.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in September 2017.

Interview

I was first contacted by a recruiter and asked to apply for the job. I then had a 20 minute conversion with him that day. A couple of days later a manager contacted me about the position and we talked for about 30 minutes. We then set up a formal video interview for the following week. I talked with 5 engineers, 3 at a time, and it lasted for a little more than an hour.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to convince your boss that they were wrong and in turn get them to do it your way.   Answer Question
    • Have you ever been in a conflict with a coworker/teammate that became hostile? What happened?   Answer Question

Senior Director, Digital Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (San Jose, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with HR talent acquisition, phone interview with hiring manager, on-site interview with 5 team members including the hiring manager. Spent the majority of a day at the Intel office in San Jose, CA with one interviewer at a time, back-to-back with short breaks and a lunch / interview with someone.

Interview Questions

• How would you address the need for rapid change amongst a highly matrixed organization that is perhaps not adept at change?   1 Answer

Interview

This is an internship in big data team. Only a phone Interview, including Java and Linux. Basic questions about data structure and operating system. Also ask questions about your own professional experiences and education ranking of GPA.

Firmware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

There was an initial phone screen and an on-site interview. There were 6 interviews during the day and, were split between discussing my projects, algorithms and coding for 2hrs each.

Analog/Mixed Signal Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

A recruiter called me randomly without any prior notice and asked for a phone interview schedule. We fixed one and I asked for an email regarding the interview schedule(so that I can add to my calendar) since I was outside in between of other work and it would be better if I have an email regarding the position details and the schedule(since we apply for 4-5 relevant positions of Intel and we do have other works too) and other big/medium companies usually email first regarding schedule instead of randomly calling at whatever time they feel.

Before this, previously I had one more interview where the recruiter had emailed schedule regarding a position I had applied but didn't mention ANYTHING about the position(not even the position name), I emailed him twice asking regarding the details(As we apply for 4-5 profile relevant but different position roles) and confirmed him the schedule but no response. Later on, he called me on the scheduled day and started asking me question and about the position(without proper response regarding the position details, how can you expect us to answer), even this recruiter was very rude, I understand I didn't answer the questions properly and it made them behave rudely but on first place, I didn't get any response regarding the details in order to prepare.

I feel like, I shouldn't apply for Intel anymore after facing 2 interviews in which both were rude and didn't respond properly to the first place. I have attained various other interviews and talking to numerous recruiters but never faced such a bad behavior from recruiters apart from those I mentioned above(both from Intel)

Interview Questions

• Very basic questions(which were easy if we come out of college or recent grad but very unexpected for an experienced candidate, since we don't need to do all that at hand calculation level everytime), Although figured out most of them but couldn't give satisfactory answers as I was rusty in few topics(my mistake too, could review those concepts because of poor time management)

The recruiter was pretty rude too, which again was kind of demotivating, especially when we try to figure out things on which we turned rusty.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Phone screening was followed by two levels of on site interviews. First round involved talks with hiring manager regarding my interests and details of the job I was being interviewed for. Second round was divided into 3 separate technical interviews with people I would be working with.

Interview Questions

• Questions were mostly regarding the projects that i had done in during my course work that were listed in my resume.   Answer Question

Wastewater Management Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

It was a long phone interview regarding mass transfer processes and unit operations. It was a lot of resume based but also some course related questions relevant to the job.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about pumps?   1 Answer

Analog/Mixed Signal Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

It was a Phone interview from the Mixed signal design team. They test your basic knowledge about transistors and their operation. Also, description of some short channel effects and MOS devices

Interview Questions

• Mostly very basic Device Physics questions. Not very complicated and some of the questions were:
      1. Describe the operation of NMOS and PMOS,
      2. What is body effect? How does it affect the gate voltage.
      3. Describe the operating regions of NMOS transistor
      4. If gate voltage is 2V and drain voltage is is 2V what is the source voltage?
      5. What factors affect threshold voltage? Explain them