Intel Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intel Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2017
2,734 Interview Reviews

Validation Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Short discussion about the department, few questions about the resumse and about myself and we moved to the technical questions. about 2-3 questions. Not too difficult if you are ready for it. The interviewers were very nice.

Interview Questions

• technical software and bits questions   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (New York, NY).

Interview

Had a phone interview. I already knew the person who was interviewing me from previous job. So we just had a chat about what my masters degree was about and talk about the current projects that he was working on. It was pleasant.

Interview Questions

Interview

Applied through a contact, unexpectedly got the interview as my profile was Analog/Mixed Signal Design and the position is a characterization position. The phone interview lasted 45mins to 1hour. On the phone interview most questions where on my Masters Research topic. On site consisted of 6 rounds. 4 back to back till lunch and then other 2, each round consisted of 45mins with a different person in each round. Questions were fairly in depth and one or two rounds were basically on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Everything related to MOS Physics, OP Amp basics, Voltage Reference Design, Layouts, integrated passive elements. One round was on RF LNA and Transceiver Design only because it was on my resume.   1 Answer
    • study all small dimension effects, leakage currents, layouts, variability questions, Miller effect,etc   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was terrible, as I had no other offers I was not in a position to negotiate. Although I tried for an increase I did not get any. Initially it seemed I got low balled into accepting,but later on I realized the offer was fair.Make sure that the offer that they are giving is reasonable, in my case it was reasonable so I wasn't in any position to ask for more and not look greedy

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

One phone screening and two technical phone interviews. Each technical interview lasted about an hour and had 2-3 questions. There is no shared screen or anything so you verbally describe your algorithms. Unfortunately both of my interviewers had heavy accents, and I had trouble understanding them, but they were both very patient.

Interview Questions

• Processes vs threads, inner vs outer join, the difference between clustering and classification   Answer Question

My 3 main reasons for declining the offer:

1) This was a summer internship position, and they didn't make me an offer until mid-May. By that time I had already made other plans for the summer. If the offer had come earlier, I probably would have accepted.

2) It was not clear how the hiring process worked or who my point of contact was. After I completed one step I didn't know what would happen next or how long it would take. After my first technical interview I didn't hear anything from them for 2 weeks. I didn't know who to email to ask what was going on. I assumed they had decided to not move forward and neglected to tell me, so I was surprised when I was contacted for a second interview.

3) A few times they CC'd the dean of my school on their emails to me. I was very uncomfortable with this and felt like my privacy had been violated. Intel told my dean when I declined their offer and I got an email from him asking why. It was very unprofessional.

Component Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Phone interview for 30 mins followed by e-mail notification. 50% for my own research and 30% for introduction of the position. 20% for questions. It's research type position and a lot of questions regarding the semiconductor industry and your research applied to the development.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (New York, NY).

Interview

I was interviewed thrice. I was mostly asked about my PhD research. Also, I was asked a few questions on MOSFET basics like how will you detect if there is source/drain resistance in a MOSFET.

Interview Questions

• What is Green's function in the context of a MOS device?   Answer Question

Graphics Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

I went to an event. Interviews were not difficult. People were nice.

I performed pretty well in the interview, got an offer, however the salary they offered was lower then what I expected. I had to decline the offer. I am pretty upset on the fact that they didn't look into this information prior to the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Programming questions on C. They were pretty easy based on strings, linked list etc. Question on achievements, projects worked on.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (New York, NY).

Interview

There was a brief prescreening with some basic electronics questions and some logic based questions. Then the actual interview was conducted by three people and they had several questions ranging from electrical circuit troubleshooting some math some chemistry questions and also the standard personality conflict type questions

Interview Questions

• What chemical is represented on the periodic table by W   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (New York, NY).

Interview

it is about 20 mins phone interview. HR and two developers ask many tech questions.

Packaging Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Chandler, AZ).

Interview

Comprised of very few technical but a lot more on behavioral questions such as leadership, conflict resolution aspects. They were looking for someone very experienced although the job description required a NCG.

Interview Questions

• Give examples of when you demonstrated your leadership in the past   Answer Question