Intel Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 26, 2017
2,828 Interview Reviews

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was fairly average as with all companies. The post interview to offer took a few days. The hiring manager gave me a verbal offer very quickly. However, from offer to on board, it took 3 months. I was hoping to start immediately, but due to a 1 month visa delay, I could not. As for the other 2 months, I have no idea what the administrative side was doing. I made several attempts to micromanage the situation, but they insisted that the delays were inevitable.

I was close to being financially crippled, due to living conditions in California, before they finally set a solid start date. I was not too happy with the amount of delay cause by the company itself, considering they understood that I had no income for that time being and could not take up another job due to work visa constraints.

Interview Questions

• What are process corners?
      Write a file handler in Perl.
      Draw an inverter and explain the different modes of operation.
      Draw a cross section of an inverter.
      Explain Latch-Up.
      Draw a Flip Flop using Transistors.
      etc.
      1 Answer

Process Integration Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Boise, ID) in March 2017.

Interview

I had an first interview on campus right after career fair. Then, on-site interview had been set after few weeks. On-site interview consisted of 8-hour full day 1:1 interviews with seven people plus my 1hour presentation. There was no break time except for lunch. Be prepare for that.

SPTD PF Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

After one week applied online, I received the phone interview about this intern. It is like a conference call. Multiple people sit on the other side, listening to you and asking questions. All the questions are basically focused on your resume, but also related to what they are doing, including both technical and behavior questions. It takes about 1 hour.

Process TD Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR).

Interview

Phone screen -- 15 mins
    On site: interview: 1 hour presentation to a panel. later hour long 1:1 behavioral interview with 5 different people.
    Takes about a month to get an offer

Interview Questions

• One lighter rubber ball amongst the population of 8 balls. Given Roberval balance find the light weight ball in least possible attempts.   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Met a recruiting at an interview event. He was the only one there - after announcing he had positions in my area - clearly backed away from that when I approached him. Was surprised at him saying they don't hire from my company. Was surprised at his feedback overall. Not a good representative for your organization if you're trying to attract strong talent. Or perhaps - people over 25.

Interview Questions

• No questions - basically told me they don't hire from my company, they hire most of HR internally. Gave the example of hiring an engineer who has "people skills" to do HR (I interpret AKA - party planners). I was completely baffled. Clearly - no strategic HR - so if that is what you are looking for - stay away. I know I am now.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in February 2017.

Interview

I went to an Intel info section at school and had and 1 on 1 campus interview. Then, the manager emailed me and we did a phone interview two months later. I was invited for an on site interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience when you disagree with your manager, and how do you resolve it?   Answer Question
    • A deadline is due and you know you will miss it, how do you negotiate for an extension or what did you do?   Answer Question
    • Describe an experience when you changed someone's behavior.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • Show me your seminar slides and describe your project in 10 minutes.   Answer Question

Job duty is dull, and locks in for ten years to be an expert in one thing. Also concern of layoff and unable to deliver for the high expectations.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR).

Interview

The whole interview took 1-2 month before they finally reach me at phone call screen. After this, it was a 1 day long onsite interview with group of scientists and engineers for discussion.

Interview Questions

• How are you gonna contribute to Intel/our group?   1 Answer

Pre-si Validation Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Got a phone call to do an hour phone interview. Aced the interview and received a statement of intent. It takes a while for them to process an offer. The recruiting was handled sort of poorly, but if you can speak with the hiring manager things are better.

Interview Questions

• Basic computer organization and digital logic questions   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

As a engineer I was given variety of job roles in engineering field related to analysis of data, some experimental work and also some man management jobs. Also I used to write report and daily review on the work done.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2017.

Interview

I interviewed through the Red Carpet event. Everyone was kind and informative. I did multiple 1 hour interviews with individuals or small panels. The questions were based on my resume. They did give a programming exam to test my skill level. It's a very unique way of interviewing, but it is a good way to meet many people from Intel. That way you can see if it's the right company for you.

Interview Questions

• What are the components in a computer and where are they located?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did negotiate. I'd recommend at least coming in with your important demands. You'll most likely compromise, but if you don't ask you'll never know.