Intel Corporation Manufacturing Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 10, 2017

2.7

90 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Chandler, AZ) in October 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and I applied, she called me a couple days later and asked questions about pH balance, loosening bolts (if it is rusted, what will you use to get it out), how to measure current, etc. Then she said she will forward my answers and resume to the hiring manager and I might be called for an interview.
The next day, I received an email inviting me for the interview. I interviewed at the Fab In Chandler, AZ.

Decisions came out in about a week

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell us a time you made a suggestion to your boss

2. Tell us a time you saw a safety issue and how you handled it

3. Tell us a time your coworker wasn't doing their share of the work

4. Tell us a time you had to deal with a high pressure situation

5. What is a Toque wrench and when would use it... why use instead of regular wrench

6. Troubleshoot a broken christmas light

7. A single and double pulley system... which is better and why

8. A math question that asks to calculate radius of pipe

9. Which is more dangerous... DC or AC and why   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Manufacturing Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

First, you get contacted by a recruiter who has gone through your profile and confirmed that you fit the position. They contact you through email and then set up a time to talk on the phone. The first phone interview is an HR screen. The recruiter also goes over the job position, pay, and benefits. Thankfully, they walk you through the interview process step by step, so you can prepare for it. If you pass that, your information get forwarded to the HR manager at the site you applied for. They call you for another 15-minute screen, the go into a bit more detail about the job and what they are looking for. If they are still interested from you, they will set up an in-person interview. My interview had 3 people, the HR site manager, Manager for the shift I had applied for, and an employee from the same shift. The interview was an hour long and consisted of a tour, behavior-based questions (answer need to be specific to your life experiences), and technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time that you had to confront a co-worker and the results.   Answer Question
    • What is the inner circumference of a pipe when given outer circumference and the thickness?   1 Answer
    • Tell us about an high-intensity situation and how that infected you/what did you do about it /what was your deminer.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you had to work on a team and one team member wasn't pulling their share.   1 Answer

Manufacturing Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Received an email from a recruiter. Applied and had 3 phone & video interviews.

1st Interview: 30 minutes phone call. Talked to the HR recruiter that send me the email. She gave me tips and points on preparing for my second phone interview.

2nd Interview: 30 minutes phone call. Talked to a manager. Half behavioral & situational and other half technical (Total 6 questions).

3rd Interview: 1 hour video call with two managers. Half behavioral & situational and other half technical (Total 10 questions)

Look over for at least last 30 interview comments. practice the behavioral and technical questions. If you do that, you will be able to pass the interview. For the technical part, take a deep breath and take as much time as needed to get the right answer.

The interviews were very understanding and pleasant people. They were very patient too.

Overall, I had a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Given the outer diameter and thickness, find the inner diameter of a pipe?   1 Answer
    • Given some values find mean, range, median   Answer Question
    • Someone owns 2/3 of a company, sells 3/4 of what owns. How much was the total cost of the company and how much was the 3/4 worth?   1 Answer
    • Given the formula, find the time that takes to finish the targeted process.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in November 2017.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter, then applied for the job online and filled out a pre-screen document to send back to the recruiter. Was called by recruiter, who detailed the interview process; then contacted by hiring individual who conducted the phone pre-screen with me. Then I had an in-person interview with two hiring individuals.

Interview Questions

• Q: tell us about a time you dealt with a difficult coworker and whether you could see things from their perspective Q: Tell us about a high-intensity situation and how it was stressful Q: Have you ever worked in a diverse community, and how did the diversity benefit you/the work you did? In addition to those behavioral questions, I was asked to solve two math-related problems (a gas container knowing its full mass and empty mass, when it is x% full what is its weight? Finding the average of a set of numbers, then inputing that average into a simple provided equation)   Answer Question

Manufacturing Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by recruiter 5 days ago,and applied in the late afternoon. I am posting this up for some tips on the phone and real-live interviews since I am graduating this year with little experience with interviews. Please help.

Interview Questions

• what questions or how prepared should I be for the interviews?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Chandler, AZ) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very pleasant initially. The recruiter contacted me and asked to submit a prescreen. Afterwards scheduled a phone interview which she said I did great and within a few days called me up for the onsite interview. They flew me out to Chandler and I stayed in nice hotel. The interview on the following day went great as well. The interviewers told me I should apply for the process engineer position instead and they would recommend me for that position. I had two set of interviews both said the same thing. They also told I would hear back from them within a week but haven't back since. It has been two weeks. I tried contacting my recruiter she said she would talk to her colleagues but never heard back from her with the information. I tried e-mailing again but this time she did not respond at all. I was reading other reviews they mentioned Intel usually does that to people just completely ignores them who they do not want without any rejection letters. It is disrespectful, I would like to draw attention of HR managers at Intel, please resolve these issues. Thanks

Interview Questions

• Finding the the diameter of a pipe   Answer Question
    • Which system is better a single pulley system or a double pulley system?   Answer Question
    • What is a torque wrench and why do you use it?   Answer Question
    • Tells us about a time when a coworker wasn't doing their share of work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Chandler, AZ) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter who contacted me via email. The process took about 6 weeks from my initial contact and I interviewed in Chandler, AZ and another week to hear back with an offer. Overall, I was impressed with the process.

Interview Questions

• The initial interview was a phone screening which consisted of simple 1 or 2 behavioral questions alongside questions pertaining pH levels and a few on tools for loosening bolts. After we discussed specifics on the job and compensation. A week later, I interviewed at the Chandler AZ location and it went very well. Two interviews , lasting an hour long each . Two interviewers at each asked general behavorial, math and electoric questions. Study up and be confident and positive and you will do well. I have interviwed at a ton of places SERIOUSLY a lot of places and this was one of the most pleasant interviews and friendliest people I encoutered.

Some of the questions were:

1. Tell us about a situation where you were faced with a task that required you to go beyond your job description

2. Choose a topic and describe it in detail how it works

3. What is a Toque wrench and when would use it

4. Troubleshoot a broken christmas light   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Chandler, AZ) in September 2017.

Interview

3 stages
    1) Phone Screen
    2) technical phone interview
    3) on site interview consistent of two, one hour interview with 2 employees

The process was a little slow as the recruiter who contacted me seemed to forget about me and I had to email several times in order to set up the phone screen but once the date was set things started to flow. The technical phone screen was also hard to set up but once we set the date then things went very smoothly. My case was slightly different because I was given one more interview after my on sight interview for an engineer position however the process was still the same.

The in person interview was abou 45 min of questions and 15 minuets for my questions. You can expect 2 technical questions and 2-3 behavioral questions. The technical questions cover different topics but the ones I saw were about gears,pulleys, electronics, basic engineering questions, basic chemistry, etc.

Interview Questions

• Find the inner diameter of a pipe given the over diameter and pipe thickness   Answer Question
    • Which is potentially more dangerous and why; AC or DC power?   Answer Question
    • What are some pros and cons of a pulley system consisting of 1 pulley? What are some pros and cons of multi pulley systems?   1 Answer
    • How do you a multimeter to measure voltage? How would you use a multimeter to measure resistance?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2017.

Interview

Got an email from a recruiter at Intel that wanted me to apply for the job and then reply to the email they sent. Recruiter called me within 1 hour of application and asked me some questions. Then he sent my information to a hiring manager who contacted me within 2 hours via email to set up a phone interview time. Been waiting two weeks for that phone call at this point.

Interview Questions

• What is a semiconductor. What is a micrometer and what is a nano meter. How do you neutralize a strong acid. What is the Ph scale and what is litmus paper used for.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Chandler, AZ) in September 2017.

Interview

Process was fairly easy and took about 3 weeks from submitting application to being hired. First there was a technical phone interview and then a panel interview 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Convert .2 to a fraction and percentage   2 Answers