Intel Corporation Manufacturing Technician Interview Questions in Oregon | Glassdoor

Intel Corporation Manufacturing Technician Interview Questions in Oregon

Updated Jul 18, 2017

2.6

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in July 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter/HR from Intel thru e-mail saying that they saw my resumè and it matches on what they are looking for. At the first few days, I didn't reply to the email and then decided to give it a shot. We talked about scheduling for a phone interview with her. I had two phone interviews and one thru webex/face interview.

First interview: HR/recruiter - she asked me about my preference, which state do I want to work, which schedule do I prefer (night or day) etc. Basically we talked about everything on the HR Pre-screening file that they sent me. And then she gave me pointers on what to expect on the next interview. She gave me tips and what to study and then scheduled my next interview.

2nd Interview with the Manager: It was a phone interview and he asked me about behavioral, situations from my past experience and some math problems.

3rd interview, same manager but thru Webex: First it was behavioral again and then technical questions. More on math word problems.

Interview Questions

• What are the electronic components that have polarities? How to check a transistor? Give me applications of Relay and transistor.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in May 2017.

Interview

One 15 minute phone interview. Typical personality questions, why do you want to work here, etc.
    Phone interview was good prep for the group interview. Very similar questions with the addition of some technical ones.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in January 2017.

Interview

Process is going on 2 months now, phone interview which lasted 30 minutes and consisted of math, behavioral, and technical questions. I am currently scheduled a Skype interview two weeks following the phone interview. The recruiters and managers are very friendly and use the phone interview to prep you for the face to face or online interview.

Interview Questions

• Convert 1/5 into a decimal.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in January 2017.

Interview

I started with an email asking if I was still interested with a position with Intel by a recruiter. I replied and within a week, I received another email from a hiring manager asking if I was available for a phone screening. A couple days (2-4 days) later, I had my phone screening asking basic electronic questions. I was then asked to come in for a face to face interview which was another week. The interview consists of electronic/process technical questions & behavioral questions. I was then asked if I would be interested in an offer, in which I accepted. I am now waiting for the HR department to contact me with my salary & official offer letter, which has been now over two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Give me an instance where you and a coworker had a disagreement and how did you handle the situation to come out with the best outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in October 2016.

Interview

Interviews were interesting. I was referred and called the next day by two reciter who passed my resume on the the hiring manager. I received a call back to set up an interview and I'm still waiting on the dates.. I hear it is a highly technical interview nonetheless.

Interview Questions

• Why intel? What careers are you interested in? Other behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in September 2016.

Interview

I have applied for the position of Manufacturing technician on the company website and received an e-mail for a phone screen after 2 weeks. Attended the phone screen which took almost 50 minutes and consisted of behavioural and technical questions( basics of electronics, working and operation principles) and experiences had before. After 4 months received another e-mail for an in person interview at the intel campus. The interview lasted for 30 minutes and was the same pattern as of the phone interview . Had previously prepared question paper (mathematical problems) and had to solve two questions. Now waiting for the next step.

Interview Questions

• define the word diversity and how is it applicable at work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Aloha, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Aloha, OR) in April 2016.

Interview

4 person panel consisting of reading questions from freshly printed questionnaires. Interviewers were more nervous than me, not exactly inspiring. Conference room style setup with one manager and several technicians

Interview Questions

• Situational questions regarding specific instances, technical troubleshooting questions, personality questions related to honesty and regards to safety behavior   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in March 2016.

Interview

Phone interview by one manager and got invited to onsite interview on one of Saturday. However, I was interviewed with two other managers. Basically, just behavior questions and couple technical. Two managers took notes while interviewing me. The result will give you at the same day of interview day.

Interview Questions

• Looking at SPC chart and see which is OOC?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Corvallis, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Corvallis, OR) in October 2015.

Interview

Intel had a Career Day at our University and had representatives from a few departments. I got hooked up with one of them for an interview, although I was actually looking something software related. I figured I would take the interview anyway and see how it goes. We sat down in our buildings atrium for the interview because we apparently didn't have access to the private room we thought we did. Someone was playing the piano, which I thought was nice but I'm not sure how he took it. The interview was both a behavioural interview followed by a technical interview, about 5-7 questions each. After the interview that was about 40 minutes, he offered me a job.

Interview Questions

• Behavioural:
      Tell me a time you saw someone doing something unsafe at work, and what did you do to fix it?
      Tell me a time you came together with others of a diverse background to solve a problem.

Technical:
      *diagram* If this cog is spinning this fast, how fast is the last cog spinning? What direction is it spinning?
      *diagram* Describe how you would use a sensor to detect when water is above a certain point.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in July 2015.

Interview

First interview was with a panel of 3, and took place at Portland State University. Apparently they interviewed 30 people that day and called back 25. I was asked 5 behavioral questions and 5 technical questions from some sort of interview manual. I had to ask for some time to answer some of the behavioral questions and royally screwed up a couple of the technical questions (even though they were easy), but I still got a call back the next day for a second interview. For the second interview, I met with 3 different managers and interviewed with each of them individually at Ronler Acres. Second interview consisted of some more behavioral questions, as well as questions like "Tell me about yourself", and "Why did you choose to become a math major?". Definitely felt like more of a conversation than the first interview. After 3 weeks, they extended me an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had a conflict with a coworker, and what did you do to resolve it   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you were working against a deadline and had to balance multiple projects at once   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you were working in an unsafe environment   Answer Question
    • Identify these elements/compounds: H, C, Hg, Si, H2O2, KOH   1 Answer
    • A gas canister weighs 100 lbs empty, and 200 lbs full. It's sitting on a digital scale. You need to program the scale to alert you when the canister is 80% and 90% empty, respectively. At what values (in lbs) do you program the scale to alert you?   Answer Question