Intel Corporation Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intel Corporation Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions

3.2

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Three phone interviews in total. One engineer remained constant in each round. It was basically the same conversation 3 times with different groups of people. A couple of weeks went by and I was offered the internship.

First interview: 1 engineer.
        Basic resume review, talked about my interests, and why I wanted to apply for the role.

Second interview: 5 engineers.
        More resume review, mostly behavioral questions.
        Asked me to talk about my shop/machining experience.

Third interview: 3 engineers.
        More resume review, nothing too technical.
    Asked me questions to tell them about my eye for design.

Interview Questions

• What was a biggest challenge you faced and how did you solve it?
    Why did you apply for this position?
    Why Intel?
    If you were designing a volume button on a table (for example) what would your method look like?
    What are you hoping to get out of the internship?
    What about the iPhone (for example) are you drawn to?
    What would you do to improve its design/functionality?
    If you were in charge of dividing time between ID and ME teams on a project and one team requested more time which team would you help.
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2016.

Interview

The interview was for a mechanical engineer at Folsom CA. I applied online and was contacted by a manager for a phone screening. Questions were resume based, coursework related and some other technical questions. The interviewer was very friendly and explained the answers to questions I couldn't answer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in August 2015.

Interview

The company moved quickly from phone interview to in person interview. I had two phone interviews before being brought in. The interview on site was intense and about 4 hours (1 hour was a tour). You are bombarded with pre-defined technical questions for which many have nothing to do with the position you are applying for. Is this a PE exam? It's not that I didn't learn this stuff in engineering school but that was a long time ago and since I haven't used it, it's not fresh, although obviously in a couple of days I could be up to speed on all that. The folks doing the interview were all very young and most with large opinions of themselves. In general I would say most folks I met there are not well balanced they live to work. For this position the engineer is totally responsible if equipment in their area breaks down, is always on call, and works many hours. I decided part way through the interview the position was not for me but went along to see what else they might ask!

Interview Questions

• Just pull out your engineering texts and pick something, many questions related to HVAC equipment and operation, for which had nothing to do with this position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I first applied online. One week later I recieved an email told me to set up an online interview. The interview was very easy. Most questions are behavior questions and people can find all of them through the internet. Basicly they are asking how would you deal with pressure or how do you manage your time when you are in a multi-task situation.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2014.

Interview

Pretty good! They were looking for a person with metrology knowledge. Was asked about previous work experience and being familiar with LabView and design of experiments. Was asked about being familiar with different kind of light sources, e.g. Lasers, LEDs, QCLs, ...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DuPont, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (DuPont, WA) in May 2013.

Interview

Initial phone screen, followed by a technical phone interview, and finally an all day set of onsite interviews. Everyone was very nice and professional. An enjoyable process overall. Interview questions were not particularly difficult. Worst part was the design project I had to do at home before the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Gave me a week to do a design project to be presented to a panel on the day of the interviews. Project was difficult for me as I haven't done that type of problem in about 20 years.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in April 2012.

Interview

She asked general personality questions: tell me about yourself, what is your favorite subject etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself   1 Answer
    • What is your favorite class or subject   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in DuPont, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (DuPont, WA) in February 2012.

Interview

Phone screening and then an invitation on campus for a day interview with a panel of engineers and hiring managers. Lot white board questions and then went out for lunch and was offered the job the week following my interview

Interview Questions

• General engineering application questions   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in February 2009.

Interview

4, 1-hour interviews, mostly technical

Interview Questions

• in a boat on a lake with a rock, throw the rock in the water which way does the water level move? here is a memory card- what is it made out of and how was it made?   7 Answers

Negotiation

here is the $, take it or leave it

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in September 2010.

Interview

This is a preliminary interview to screen out weak candidates and prepares for person interview. The hiring manager asked me basic questions about what I was claiming in my resume and requested me talk more about course details. There were about 8 questions in total and lasting about 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a problem you faced on the job, and how you solve it.   Answer Question