Intel Corporation Interview Questions in Oregon | Glassdoor

Intel Corporation Interview Questions in Oregon

Updated May 27, 2017

PTD Module Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR).

Interview

Intel came to my school and gave a talk outlining what they do and gave us a chance to drop our resumes off. That night, I got a call for a follow up interview this next morning on campus. It was about 30 min, with me explaining my thesis work, and the manager discussing the responsibilities of the job. Afterwards, the manager told he he/she would like to invite me out to OR to do an on-site interview. Hiring manager called 2 days later to confirm.

About 3 weeks after that, I was flown out to Portland, OR for my interview. It started at 915 am. I talked with theanager who interviewed me at my school and he/she gave me the rundown of the day. After that I gave my 1 hr thesis presentation in front of 2 junior engineers. The rest of the day consisted of 1 hr interviews with various managers of the group I was applying for. They were very similar to my on campus interview. The day ended with a meeting with the original manager, who asked me the typical interview questions that one would expect. They told me they would let me know within 3 weeks. About 1.5 weeks after that, I got the rejection email. They said that I was welcome to apply again to a different group and that my resume is still in the system in case something pops up that would suit my talents. Overall, everybody was very nice and it was a very good experience.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR).

Interview

I had one on campus interview with two people from Intel Corporate Accounting. Two people came to campus and asked me behavioral quesions about how i reacted when put into several different types of situations, and what i learned.

Interview Questions

• Mainly behavioral questions, tell us about a time when you dealt with someone difficult.... stuff like that   Answer Question

PTD Module Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in May 2017.

Interview

One hour presentation, followed by 4 round of half an hour interviews with lunch squeezed inbetween the 1st and 2nd one. There were technical questions on the presentation but nothing too difficult. Most people seemed easy to talk to and were frank about the expectations of the job.

Interview Questions

• What kind of instrumentation I had experience with   1 Answer

Manufacturing Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in May 2017.

Interview

One 15 minute phone interview. Typical personality questions, why do you want to work here, etc.
    Phone interview was good prep for the group interview. Very similar questions with the addition of some technical ones.

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview was on site. Coding questions in any language. Basic codes like searching through lists and calculators. White board questions and also started off with a written test. Interviewers were helpful and supportive. Overall 8 hours at Intel office. Also included lunch interview which was very informal. They flew me in and gave accommodation because I was coming out of state.

Process Technology Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was quite straight forward. Intel does a really good job when it comes to interviewing. There was a presentation for 1 hour which was mainly on the research. In this presentation, they try to see the analytical skills and also what kind of approach a person takes in research. Some of the questions were quite intense and the panel asked so many questions that I was unable to finish my entire presentation. Even though the questions might make you furious, keep it calm. After this, there was one on one interviews related to technical stuff and behavioral stuff followed by a tour of the facility and the lunch. After this, there will be a managerial round which is like a mix of all these roles. If you know your research well enough you should be fine.

All the best!!

PTD Module and Yield Integration Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in April 2017.

Interview

Three Part Process
    1st Part-Initial screening: forwarded my resume to an email that was circulated in our department from Intel. (All other forms of forwarding did not work!!)

2nd Part-Technical Interview: After about one week of forwarding the resume, I received an email from one of the technical stuff asking for a technical interview. It was an hr long interview with questions from topics related to my PhD, instruments that I used, basic principles of them, troubleshooting experience, equipment ownership, problem solving etc.

3rd part- Onsite interview: after 3 days of the technical, I was invited for an onsite interview which happened after one month. It gave me plenty of time to prepare for it. It was a day long interview with a 45 min presentation at the beginning of the day, then 30-45 mins one-one interview with different member of the technical team. It was a pleasant experience for me. I really enjoyed talking to them as it felt more like a conversation. Questions were similar to the technical interview. Make sure you know everything that you have put into your resume. During lunch, three members of the technical team escorted me and gave me a broad overview on the lifestyle, benefits, vacations, leaves, work stress etc. At the end of the day, the final interview was with hiring manager who basically gave a brief overview of the different component of TD department and how it fits into broader picture of Intel. At the end, the manager hinted me that if they would not select me, I would know by a week, otherwise, I will hear back from HR in 2-4 weeks time.
    In the 4th week, I received an offer from them.

Interview Questions

• 1- Conflict with labmates/advisor?
      2- Managed a team? your Experience.
      3- Problem solving
      4- Safety
      5- Questions from Resume
      Answer Question

Senior College Anticipatory Computing Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR).

Interview

I applied for an internship at Intel via a non-profit which helps students find internships. I was interviewed over the phone. The interview lasted 30 mins. I got a call back after 1 month and was interviewed again over the phone. The interview went very well but I never heard back from them. In fact, no one who applied for the internship via the non-profit got an offer and employees at Intel stopped responding to the non-profit.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about the projects that I worked on and the courses that I took at college.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in April 2017.

Interview

I gave me CV to a college recruiter. He called me 3 weeks later and did a phone interview and then invited me to an on-site interview in Portland. The interview was a week later and the company paid for all my travel expenses. Now it has been 2 weeks since the interview and i still haven't heard back. Many people has indicated that they received the rejection after 5 days and people who got an offer they heard back after almost a month.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a conflict you had at work   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview was a phone interview with very few questions. Did not cover anywhere near the wide range of skills I have acquired over my long career. I did not care for this interview process. Good luck! :)

Interview Questions

• What is a user-defined table?   1 Answer