Intel Corporation Interview Questions in Oregon | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2017

3.1

211 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online, eventually got emailed by a hiring manager to schedule a phone screen. The phone interview was pretty tough, nearly an hour of fairly intense and detailed (mostly) technical questions. Was invited to interview on-site at the end of the call.

Interviewed on-site in Oregon a couple weeks later. The interview was four one-hour sessions with a two-hour lunch break with company employees. One session was a presentation on my thesis research, the others were Q&A with 1-2 employees each (last one was with the hiring manager). Everyone I interacted with was very friendly and asked a mix of technical and behavioral questions, most of which are covered in other reviews on this site. Lot of emphasis on conflict resolution and troubleshooting/repairing equipment. Be prepared to ask them questions, especially during the lunch. I thought I did well and would've been happy to work there, but was informed the next business day that I would not be receiving an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you disagreed with your boss.   2 Answers

PTD Waste Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied for this position in January, 2017. I received an email from the hiring manager in July asking for a phone interview. The phone interview was based on my resume. A week later, I got an email inviting me to the Hillsboro, OR location for an on-site interview. On-site interview lasted a day long, starting with my thesis presentation in the morning followed by 3 interviews, where I was interviewed by teams of 2. Questions were mix of technical and behavioral. This was followed by a talk with the hiring manager who asked few behavioral type questions. At the end of the day, we were informed that a decision would be made within 2-4 weeks. 2.5 weeks later, I got an email saying that the hiring process was complete and I had not been selected.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in July 2017.

Interview

First I got a phone interview with the hiring manager, he asked lots of questions related to CMOS devices and logic. The next day I got an onsite interview in Portland, OR. There I had a personal interview with 8 engineers and 2 hiring managers. The questions were focused on problem solving and basic CMOS theory. Also there was 1 hours presentation about the PhD research and I received lots of interesting questions. After 1 month from the interview, I followed-up with the hiring manager and he informed I was not selected for further consideration.

Interview Questions

• How to properly scale the PMOS and NMOS transistors in a SR-cell   Answer Question

PTD Module Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR).

Interview

Intel came to my school and gave a talk outlining what they do and gave us a chance to drop our resumes off. That night, I got a call for a follow up interview this next morning on campus. It was about 30 min, with me explaining my thesis work, and the manager discussing the responsibilities of the job. Afterwards, the manager told he he/she would like to invite me out to OR to do an on-site interview. Hiring manager called 2 days later to confirm.

About 3 weeks after that, I was flown out to Portland, OR for my interview. It started at 915 am. I talked with theanager who interviewed me at my school and he/she gave me the rundown of the day. After that I gave my 1 hr thesis presentation in front of 2 junior engineers. The rest of the day consisted of 1 hr interviews with various managers of the group I was applying for. They were very similar to my on campus interview. The day ended with a meeting with the original manager, who asked me the typical interview questions that one would expect. They told me they would let me know within 3 weeks. About 1.5 weeks after that, I got the rejection email. They said that I was welcome to apply again to a different group and that my resume is still in the system in case something pops up that would suit my talents. Overall, everybody was very nice and it was a very good experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in June 2017.

Interview

Received a phone call for onsite interview after completing the on-campus interview.
    The onsite interview lasted for one whole day, including mainly one-on-one interview with engineering managers and process engineers and also an hour of my PhD thesis presentation.

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview was on site. Coding questions in any language. Basic codes like searching through lists and calculators. White board questions and also started off with a written test. Interviewers were helpful and supportive. Overall 8 hours at Intel office. Also included lunch interview which was very informal. They flew me in and gave accommodation because I was coming out of state.

PTD Module Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in May 2017.

Interview

One hour presentation, followed by 4 round of half an hour interviews with lunch squeezed inbetween the 1st and 2nd one. There were technical questions on the presentation but nothing too difficult. Most people seemed easy to talk to and were frank about the expectations of the job.

Interview Questions

• What kind of instrumentation I had experience with   1 Answer

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online.
    Got an email asking for phone interview one week after the application.
    Phone interview was entirely technical and no behavioral questions asked.
    Question were about Object oriented programming and SQL.

Questions: What is abstract keyword in Java?
    What is DDL in SQL?
    What does TRUNCATE do?
    Give Syntax for TRUNCATE?
    Difference between call by value and call by reference? provide example.
    Give syntax for delete and truncate?
    Difference between two kind of TRIGGERS in SQL? and Syntax?
    What is a view?

Insight: Many Questions were asked in a rapid fire kind of a way . Interview lasted forward around 25 to 30 minutes and around 15- 20 questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• Prepare for theory questions on SQL and OOP for phone interview as well as make sure you know all the syntax right   Answer Question

PTD Waste Systems Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

It was a phone interview followed by an onsite interview. Onsite consisted of a research presentation, followed by 4 interviews (1 hour each) including one interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• What was an act of kindness bestowed on you?   1 Answer

Senior College Anticipatory Computing Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR).

Interview

I applied for an internship at Intel via a non-profit which helps students find internships. I was interviewed over the phone. The interview lasted 30 mins. I got a call back after 1 month and was interviewed again over the phone. The interview went very well but I never heard back from them. In fact, no one who applied for the internship via the non-profit got an offer and employees at Intel stopped responding to the non-profit.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about the projects that I worked on and the courses that I took at college.   Answer Question