Intel Corporation Interview Questions in Oregon | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 20, 2017

3.2

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in February 2017.

Interview

Two round interview with different members of the team. Both focused on technical questions, with first round being computer science specific knowledge and the second being focused more on problem solving and brain teasers. The first was a phone screening and the second was a live interview. The second was a lot of fun :)

Waiting for an offer

Manufacturing Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in January 2017.

Interview

Process is going on 2 months now, phone interview which lasted 30 minutes and consisted of math, behavioral, and technical questions. I am currently scheduled a Skype interview two weeks following the phone interview. The recruiters and managers are very friendly and use the phone interview to prep you for the face to face or online interview.

Design Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in November 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed for Design Automation Engineer Intern position. The interview process was okay. I was asked basic questions on Very Large Scale Integration (VLSI), logic circuit design, software questions and some behavioral questions as well. It was a phone screen interview over skype. Overall, it was a good experience for me.

PTD Module and Integration Yield Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR).

Interview

Went to the information session on campus. Got phone interview. It was easy, mainly questions from my research. Visited Oregon for the onsite interview. The experience was positive. Presneted my research in front of 4 group leaders. Then I had 3 one-on-one interviews with lunch in between. There was a tour of the fabrication facility during lunch.

Manufacturing Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in September 2016.

Interview

I have applied for the position of Manufacturing technician on the company website and received an e-mail for a phone screen after 2 weeks. Attended the phone screen which took almost 50 minutes and consisted of behavioural and technical questions( basics of electronics, working and operation principles) and experiences had before. After 4 months received another e-mail for an in person interview at the intel campus. The interview lasted for 30 minutes and was the same pattern as of the phone interview . Had previously prepared question paper (mathematical problems) and had to solve two questions. Now waiting for the next step.

Interview Questions

• define the word diversity and how is it applicable at work?   1 Answer

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview process was easy and friendly because I have highly specialized skill sets that perfectly matched with the position. I had also been referred by two people internally, both of whom were much higher up on the org chart that the person who interviewed me.

What I want to point out is that after the first interview (in which the interviewer said she wanted me to talk to the her boss the next day) the interviewer emailed me to say that I couldn't even be considered for the contract position specifically BECAUSE I had been referred by other Intel employees. She said she found out there was a rule against hiring contractors who were referred internally.

I was quite shocked because I'd worked as a contractor for Intel in the past and that was a referral. I explained this to her in an email but she never responded. I asked the people who had referred me what they knew about this. Obviously, they wouldn't have referred me if they thought that would negate my chances. They said they'd never heard of this new rule either.

I still don't know if there actually is a new rule at Intel that prohibits internal contractor referrals or if the person who interviewed me was confused, or if she just made that up because she changed her mind. I'd like to know for the future.

Interview Questions

• She didn't ask any hard questions. She just talked about the position.   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in April 2016.

Interview

I first had an informal interview with a recruiter on campus who forwarded my resume to a different area manager. The next day I was invited to go to the Intel Campus in Hillsboro, OR for an interview in two weeks. The interview day began at 8:30. I first did a presentation on my thesis work for 5 people, then a one on one technical interview about my research and different things I listed on my resume. After that was a behavioral interview where the interviewer asked about conflict and teamwork. After that was lunch and fab window tour. Then a quick meeting with the area manager who will ask more questions similar to ones asked earlier in the day. The AM that I met didn't seem to be that interested in me which I guess explains why I didn't get an offer. They also don't give any feedback on what went wrong, so I'll never know.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a conflict with a supervisor and had to convince them you were right.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview was easy. First a 45 minute phone interview, mostly HR questions asking about your research, any conflict with your peers, conflict with your boss. Then at the end of the call, he invited me for an onsite interview at Portland. Onsite interview was conducted with 10 different group leaders and a seminar. Everyone wanted to know about the tools that I handled in my PhD. Interviews lasted from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.

Interview Questions

• If you were given unlimited funding which one of your PhD projects would you like to see in the real world?   1 Answer

Component Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in March 2016.

Interview

a friend referred me. Got a phone interview after 4 days. After the phone interview they asked me to come for on-site. It was for three hours. Was not very difficult. Overall was a pleasant experience. Mainly asked questions from static timing analysis and gave some problems to solve. asked about my projects that i did in my masters.

Interview Questions

• difference between setup and hold time   1 Answer

Process Technical Director Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in March 2016.

Interview

Submitted my resume during campus PhD talk. I was shortlisted for a one on one interview on campus. Was asked general questions about research and behavioral questions. after the interview i was told that i would be invited for another interview. Got an invite to go for onsite interview. I went for the onsite interview after 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a conflict with your boss or colleague and if so how did you resolve it?   Answer Question