Intel Corporation Interview Questions in Oregon | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017

582 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Manufacturing Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in July 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter/HR from Intel thru e-mail saying that they saw my resumè and it matches on what they are looking for. At the first few days, I didn't reply to the email and then decided to give it a shot. We talked about scheduling for a phone interview with her. I had two phone interviews and one thru webex/face interview.

First interview: HR/recruiter - she asked me about my preference, which state do I want to work, which schedule do I prefer (night or day) etc. Basically we talked about everything on the HR Pre-screening file that they sent me. And then she gave me pointers on what to expect on the next interview. She gave me tips and what to study and then scheduled my next interview.

2nd Interview with the Manager: It was a phone interview and he asked me about behavioral, situations from my past experience and some math problems.

3rd interview, same manager but thru Webex: First it was behavioral again and then technical questions. More on math word problems.

Interview Questions

• What are the electronic components that have polarities? How to check a transistor? Give me applications of Relay and transistor.   Answer Question

PTD Module Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR).

Interview

Intel came to my school and gave a talk outlining what they do and gave us a chance to drop our resumes off. That night, I got a call for a follow up interview this next morning on campus. It was about 30 min, with me explaining my thesis work, and the manager discussing the responsibilities of the job. Afterwards, the manager told he he/she would like to invite me out to OR to do an on-site interview. Hiring manager called 2 days later to confirm.

About 3 weeks after that, I was flown out to Portland, OR for my interview. It started at 915 am. I talked with theanager who interviewed me at my school and he/she gave me the rundown of the day. After that I gave my 1 hr thesis presentation in front of 2 junior engineers. The rest of the day consisted of 1 hr interviews with various managers of the group I was applying for. They were very similar to my on campus interview. The day ended with a meeting with the original manager, who asked me the typical interview questions that one would expect. They told me they would let me know within 3 weeks. About 1.5 weeks after that, I got the rejection email. They said that I was welcome to apply again to a different group and that my resume is still in the system in case something pops up that would suit my talents. Overall, everybody was very nice and it was a very good experience.

Manufacturing Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in May 2017.

Interview

One 15 minute phone interview. Typical personality questions, why do you want to work here, etc.
    Phone interview was good prep for the group interview. Very similar questions with the addition of some technical ones.

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in May 2017.

Interview

Interview was on site. Coding questions in any language. Basic codes like searching through lists and calculators. White board questions and also started off with a written test. Interviewers were helpful and supportive. Overall 8 hours at Intel office. Also included lunch interview which was very informal. They flew me in and gave accommodation because I was coming out of state.

Process TD Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied through a campus recruiter in March 2017. The next day I received an email asking for a phone interview. The phone call lasted ~15 minutes. Half of it involved the Intel engineer telling me about the company. I was asked only one interview question: to describe one piece of equipment I have worked with. I went into as much detail as I could and was actually cut off by the interviewer for giving him more information than he needed.

At the end of the call I was told that I would hear back after 2-3 weeks. However, the next day I received an email inviting me to an in person interview at the Hillsboro, OR site. The interview was scheduled for 2 months later in May 2017.

The in person interview lasted all day (7:30 am to 5:30 pm) and included a fab window tour, 45 minute seminar of my PhD research, lunch, and 11 one-on-one 30 minute interviews with various engineers, group leaders, and an area manager. The one-on-one interviews were more so casual conversations, but some common questions to me included explaining my research (slide printouts from my seminar greatly helped!!), why do I want to leave my current field, why do I want to work at Intel, how do I troubleshoot malfunctioning equipment, how do I deal with conflicts, how do I deal with stress/pressure. At the end of the day, I was told I would hear back in 2-4 weeks with the results. After 4 weeks, I received an offer of employment.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to leave my current research field to work at Intel?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR).

Interview

I had one on campus interview with two people from Intel Corporate Accounting. Two people came to campus and asked me behavioral quesions about how i reacted when put into several different types of situations, and what i learned.

Interview Questions

• Mainly behavioral questions, tell us about a time when you dealt with someone difficult.... stuff like that   Answer Question

PTD Module Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in May 2017.

Interview

One hour presentation, followed by 4 round of half an hour interviews with lunch squeezed inbetween the 1st and 2nd one. There were technical questions on the presentation but nothing too difficult. Most people seemed easy to talk to and were frank about the expectations of the job.

Interview Questions

• What kind of instrumentation I had experience with   1 Answer

Process Technology Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was quite straight forward. Intel does a really good job when it comes to interviewing. There was a presentation for 1 hour which was mainly on the research. In this presentation, they try to see the analytical skills and also what kind of approach a person takes in research. Some of the questions were quite intense and the panel asked so many questions that I was unable to finish my entire presentation. Even though the questions might make you furious, keep it calm. After this, there was one on one interviews related to technical stuff and behavioral stuff followed by a tour of the facility and the lunch. After this, there will be a managerial round which is like a mix of all these roles. If you know your research well enough you should be fine.

All the best!!

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online.
    Got an email asking for phone interview one week after the application.
    Phone interview was entirely technical and no behavioral questions asked.
    Question were about Object oriented programming and SQL.

Questions: What is abstract keyword in Java?
    What is DDL in SQL?
    What does TRUNCATE do?
    Give Syntax for TRUNCATE?
    Difference between call by value and call by reference? provide example.
    Give syntax for delete and truncate?
    Difference between two kind of TRIGGERS in SQL? and Syntax?
    What is a view?

Insight: Many Questions were asked in a rapid fire kind of a way . Interview lasted forward around 25 to 30 minutes and around 15- 20 questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• Prepare for theory questions on SQL and OOP for phone interview as well as make sure you know all the syntax right   Answer Question

Process Engineer/PTD Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in May 2017.

Interview

Brief Background:
    A friend forwarded me an email from an Intel recruiter who was looking for candidates at their university. As a shot in the dark, I emailed my resume describing why I believe I would be a good fit for the role. After 10 days I got an email from the recruiter asking if I was interested in a phone interview.

Phone Interview:
    2 days later I had my phone interview. The first 45 min were a lot of questions about my grad school research, conflict resolution, team work, instrumentation etc. The technical questions tested my grasp on the scientific aspects of my research (i.e. a PhD proposal/thesis defense type of questions) as well as a my knowledge (scientific and operational) of the instruments I used during my PhD. Behavioral questions required me to give specific examples of: conflict resolution with PhD advisor, mentorship of junior team members, dealing with difficult team members, personal weaknesses and their remediation etc. Overall, the interview was quite thorough and the recruiter came across as a knowledgeable and friendly person. It was made clear that the position is not a research-based on, but rather a process engineering one. For the last 15 min, I was encouraged to ask questions about the role and the company.

10 days after the phone interview, the recruiter emailed me a week later to tell me that I was being invited for an on-site interview (Portland, OR) and asked for my availability amongst 3 dates (3, 4 and 5 weeks out). The interview day was also briefly described (seminar and 1-1 interviews with team members). ~3 days later I received an email for a background check from Intel HR. Since I had not received any confirmation about interview date (from HR) after a week since I gave my date preference, I emailed the recruiter, who followed up. 2 days after that, I got an email from Intel HR initiating the procedures to bring me on-site. A week before my interview, the recruiter sent me a detailed email (schedule, directions, etc.) for my interview.

On-site Interview:
    In addition to preparing a research talk for a broader (technical) audience, I worked on revising various material science concepts, semiconductor processes and putting down all the instrument troubleshooting I had performed over the course of my PhD. Moreover, glassdoor reviews also gave me an idea about the typical questions.
    The day started at 8a with a meeting with the recruiter (host) who conducted the phone interview. Briefly, I was told what to expect from the day and given a more detailed schedule with names of people I would be meeting. My first interview was with the area manager (AM; 2 levels up), who asked me general questions about my PhD research and what I wished I could have done additionally/differently during my PhD. This was followed by my seminar which included ~7-8 people; most of them would interview me later in the day. I was asked a lot of probing questions on my research by everyone. The questions were of varying technical depths similar to those you would get at a scientific conference/PhD program talks. I could only finish ~70% of my talk in the 1 hour that was allotted, due to continuous questions. Overall, make sure your talk can be understood by a general PhD-level audience, don’t try to present all your PhD results and plan for interruptions.
    The other interviews that followed (total 6), were with group leaders (1 level up) and PTD engineers (same level, different years of experience). The questions were similar to the ones in the phone interview, but I got mostly technical questions.

General Questions:
    Which one of your PhD projects would you like to see being pursued further, why?
    Describe the set-up you made/used in the lab? What were the challenges?
    Principle of operation of XRD(Derive Braggs law) and SEM. What are the types of electrons generated? Which atoms (lighter or heavier) look brighter/darker in the image? How many atoms are there in a unit cell for the material I used in my PhD. How do I get a P-type or N-type semiconductor? Specific instance of instrument troubleshooting and in-detail description of what you did. Why do you want to work for intel? Are you interviewing at other companies?

Overall, I was glad that I took the time to prepare; I thought the interview went quite well.

I had lunch with the relatively new PTD engineers who talked about their experience working at Intel. Definitely a good time to get a feel for the work-culture and time commitments.

I got the offer after 4 weeks; accepted since the people I met on-site seemed happy at the jobs (despite the hectic nature of the work).

Overall, I was very happy with the interview process and credit goes to my host who was very prompt and well-organized.