Intel Corporation Interview Questions in Oregon | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017

582 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR).

Interview

At the beginning, I was asked my availability for an interview but later on it was changed that I will need to take first a technical assessment in Codility.

Interview Questions

• There were 2 problems at Codility in a language of their choice.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in August 2015.

Interview

The company moved quickly from phone interview to in person interview. I had two phone interviews before being brought in. The interview on site was intense and about 4 hours (1 hour was a tour). You are bombarded with pre-defined technical questions for which many have nothing to do with the position you are applying for. Is this a PE exam? It's not that I didn't learn this stuff in engineering school but that was a long time ago and since I haven't used it, it's not fresh, although obviously in a couple of days I could be up to speed on all that. The folks doing the interview were all very young and most with large opinions of themselves. In general I would say most folks I met there are not well balanced they live to work. For this position the engineer is totally responsible if equipment in their area breaks down, is always on call, and works many hours. I decided part way through the interview the position was not for me but went along to see what else they might ask!

Interview Questions

• Just pull out your engineering texts and pick something, many questions related to HVAC equipment and operation, for which had nothing to do with this position.   Answer Question

PTD Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in October 2012.

Interview

8 continuous hours of 1:1 interviews for ~45-50min, each.
    Break for informal lunch with two process engineers.
    At the end of the day, gave an ~1hour presentation on PhD research.

Interviews from managers (people I eventually worked for) were mostly behavioral questions.
    Interviews from process engineers (people I eventually worked alongside) were mostly technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Anything you put on your resume is fair game. I included that I had worked with X-ray diffraction in grad school. Was asked to basically derive Bragg's Law.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in June 2011.

Interview

Technical Phone Interview which asked me questions about the technologies used in my resume. Day long behavior and technical interviews on-site where I was grilled and had to write code on a whiteboard.

Interview Questions

• How can you describe an opportunity to show technical leadership you've had in the past?   Answer Question

Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in December 2014.

Interview

Applied online, also got in contact with a team member through LinkedIn. The person read my background and thought I might be a good match for the team. About a week later, he spoke to the hiring manager and conducted a phone screen for about an hour. After 2 weeks, heard back and went to their site for an in-person interview. It was long interview with 8 different team members and received an offer a few days later

Interview Questions

• related to computer security. Can't get into details   1 Answer

Process Technology Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR).

Interview

I submitted my resume at a job fair and was contacted when a position opened several months later for a phone interview. Phone interview lasted ~45 minutes and was mostly behavioral questions and an introduction to the job tasks. I was invited for a site visit a few weeks later and did a full day interview with multiple current employees as well as a research presentation. Half of the interviews were pleasant and mostly focused on behavioral questions. The other half were very difficult, consisting of lots of high-stress questions about problem solving and technical questions about coursework from graduate school. I imagine their purpose was to push me to my intellectual limit and to see how I handled stress. Several people talked about the constant stress of the job and how tricky it was to maintain work/life balance. They did not make it seem like a desirable job, especially given how demanding it was.

Interview Questions

• Given a basic description of a machine/tool and a scenario (i.e. this readout isn't working), how would you go about fixing it?   Answer Question

Process T D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in August 2013.

Interview

Got a Call from Hiring manager and then onsite interview. Almost 10 hrs of interview.

Senior Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in March 2013.

Interview

First, got one phone interview for an engineering position with group No. 1. This one was very basic and informal, and most of the time was spent chatting about the company itself, my previous experience, and the details of the job.

Second interview was on-site with group No. 2. After the phone interview they had apparently passed my resume on to a different group, but it wasn't exactly clear. The interview lasted for a full day and consisted of nine back-to-back interviews in the cafeteria, with a break for lunch off-site. I had to be escorted everywhere, even to get a coffee or to go to the bathroom, and saw virtually nothing of the company except the cafeteria and a conference room. They couldn't even tell me what I would be working on, beyond the most general or basic of terms. At the end of the day I was expected to give an hour long presentation on my PhD research. Exhausting.

Most questions were technical, like "can you describe how XYZ works," but there were also a few questions like "if you had a problem with a co-worker, what would you do?"

Portland is great, the pay would be good, but I was not impressed with the job itself. These people are expected to put in 60 to 80 hours a week, possibly more if needed, plus be on-call 24/7. And, since it's a huge company that makes very precise, reliable devices, the engineering jobs require extreme specialization.

The process engineering job interview focused heavily on real-world problem solving skills. They wanted someone who had lived in the lab, who had owned a tool, and had solved complicated experimental problems on it. Theoretical or academic knowledge was not a priority.

Interview Questions

• "Describe your most difficult problem in the lab, and how you solved it."   Answer Question

Optical Correction Group Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in March 2012.

Interview

Took me out to Hillsboro after a 1hr long phone interview. Phone interview asked me what my experiences were in modeling/sim, things like FEM.

Went out to Hillsboro, crappy city but great perks by Intel. Folk there are just workn too hard, had a presentation for an hr in the morning (exactly an hr), then got HAMMERED by a bunch of the audience through 1:1 interviews. I didn't do a good job explaining what "I" did for my PhD because it kind of got lost in bringing everyone up to speed. I spent too much time on background info since I didn't know my audience, GET TO KNOW YOUR AUDIENCE BEFORE YOU GO!

You will be exhausted after the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is a Fourier Transofrm and in a square wave, which freq components don't let you get the appropriate "Square" from the curves.   Answer Question
    • What is a pointer?   Answer Question
    • They will hammer you on everything you said in your presentation. Don't be afraid to draw things out in front of them as they do expect that.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in March 2008.

Interview

I went to the company for a seminar about their financial analyst program. It seemed very dreary and all the employees that spoke would introduce themselves followed by the amount of time they have left until their next sabbatical (vacation every 7 years). During the phone interview process, they ask extremely difficult questions followed by ones like "What does Intel Centrino mean to you?" I didn't get the job but found one with a better work environment, MUCH BETTER PAY, and awesome hours. I think I'm one of the lucky ones since Intel cut 1,000 jobs in Oregon alone.

Interview Questions

• What does Intel Centrino mean to you?   1 Answer
    • How does A/R and inventory fluctuations affect the income statement?   2 Answers