Intel Corporation Interview Questions in Oregon | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 20, 2017

611 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technology Development Quality and Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in August 2017.

Interview

The morning started out with you meeting your Intel contact and taking 30 minutes or so to ask questions. Then you give your research presentation. I was interrupted multiple times with questions just on the introduction section and I had to speed through the rest of the presentation to end on time. Then you are taken down to the cafeteria and you have a rotation of interviews every 30 minutes (they come to you). You break for lunch, but in my case I was sitting with people that had interviewed me and I had no additional questions to ask them. After lunch, more interviews. Most-likely you will have a tour of the labs.

Interview Questions

• What is the dynamic range of (an analytical instrument)?   Answer Question

Process Technology Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied in August of 2017 though the company's website.
    Had a phone screen during 1st week of September , and flew me over in October 2nd week.
    I had 11 interviews which are 1:1 and about 30 min each. The interviews consists mostly of repetitive questions based on situational scenarios, ownership of equipment and very few technical questions. Had lot of learning during these 1:1 interviews and taking printout of PhD presentation slides helped a lot (thanks to glassdoor). 45 min of Phd thesis presentation to 5 engineers and questions were really basic.
    Overall, most of the Interviewers were friendly.
    almost into a week, I got an automated email saying that the position has been cancelled which I interviewed for.
    I felt bad for not receiving an official communication from either HR or the PTD group saying that position has been cancelled or something instead of sending an automated email.

Overall- its a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Ownership of equipment during your work experience.   Answer Question
    • How did you manage any disputes/confrontations in your research group.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in September 2017.

Interview

First hiring manager called over a phone. He briefly explains about the job position responsibility. Phone interview was about 30 minutes long. Then I had phone interview with staff scientist. It was about 40 minutes long. He asked me about my PhD thesis. More details on what types of work I did and what was the impact. I enjoyed the conversation.

Manufacturing Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in August 2014.

Interview

30min interview on site after a phone screening. Interviewed by two individuals who asked questions of character and mathematical knowledge. Filled out a worksheet with questions of periodic elements and problem solving questions while talking through the solving process out loud.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle/confront a peer who did not follow a safety requirement?   Answer Question

Components Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR).

Interview

The telephonic interview lasted for 30 mins. After 2 weeks went to appear for the onsite interview. This was a 8-9 Hrs. long interview. Starting at 8AM. It all started with a interview with the hiring manager/group leader and then went on to the research presentation. At the presentation about 8-10 people were present. be prepared to stop almost at every slide. This was followed by half an hour interview with individuals.

Interview Questions

• Explain your work and tell me about yourself. Then some details about the work. They appreciated that I carried slides of my current research.   Answer Question

Embedded Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in March 2017.

Interview

This was a contracted position, so I worked with an outside staffing agency, Aditi Staffing, who was very professional compared to other outfits. After determining they liked my resume, they set up a phone interview with Intel staff, who we also pleasurable to speak with. It was not a technical interview. Unfortunately, after this step layoff at Intel made this position no longer available, so I did not go further in the process.

Interview Questions

• Describe the technologies used in some of my personal projects and the challenges I faced.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR).

Interview

I met the recruiters at a poster session on the campus. They were my judges. During my poster presentation, they asked interview type of questions, based mostly on my research. One of the judge asked for my resume. After a few days I received a call from one of the recruiters asking just two simple questions. 1) If I was willing to take up an 'on call' job and 2) about my visa status. Then I was invited for an onsite interview which I scheduled after a month.

The onsite interview laster from 8 am to 3 pm involving three interviews and one technical presentation of my research to 4 Intel employees. Through out the interview I was provoked to ask a lot of questions so be prepared with them. Most questions were about my research and others were standard interview questions like Why Intel? How do I make sure if the undergraduate researchers working with me are doing the right work, explain your research briefly. A lot of focus was also given to equipment maintenance and repair questions. I did not receive many questions during the research presentation. A few that they asked were merely on my research and very simple.

PTD Module Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in September 2017.

Interview

Interviewed on Campus first, then had a phone interview. The phone interview lasted ~30 mins, was asked about research and ability to handle equipments and experimental skills. Then was recommended for an onsite interview for a position in Litho. On-site interview was day long (9 to 4). 1 hr research presentation with 2 engineers, 3 one on one interviews with group leaders and area manager. 2 hr lunch discussing job expectation and environment.

Interview Questions

• How was your research received at conferences where you presented ?
       What is the future direction of your research and where do you see it going?   Answer Question

Graduate Technical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in January 2013.

Interview

There were two phone interview. One by the Manager and one by another team mate. Both were technical and they went over my past experience. They wanted to see a match between my skill set and their project requirement.

Technical Director Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in September 2017.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me on LinkedIn and asked me to email my Resume. Intel team manager emailed me after 2 days to schedule a Phone Interview after 3 days. Phone Interview lasted for 25-30 mins.
    After 18 days got an email to schedule an onsite interview at Portland, Oregon. The onsite interview was scheduled after 25 days from the day I received the email. You get to book your Flight, hotel, and rental car in advance through Intel. You also receive a prepaid card for your other expenses posted to your address.
    The onsite interview was scheduled from 8am - 5pm. I gave a presentation on my research work for about an hour. Then there were 7 one-on-one interviews with other team members. 1.5 hours lunch around 11:30 am.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions on CMOS, flipflops, counters, circuit design. Mostly questions were about my research work, what instruments I used and why.
      Behavioral questions on why you want to work at Intel, what do you like most about working teams, what do you not like about working in teams.   Answer Question