Intel Corporation Interview Questions in Oregon | Glassdoor

Intel Corporation Interview Questions in Oregon

Updated Jun 21, 2017

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in April 2017.

Interview

I gave me CV to a college recruiter. He called me 3 weeks later and did a phone interview and then invited me to an on-site interview in Portland. The interview was a week later and the company paid for all my travel expenses. Now it has been 2 weeks since the interview and i still haven't heard back. Many people has indicated that they received the rejection after 5 days and people who got an offer they heard back after almost a month.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a conflict you had at work   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview was a phone interview with very few questions. Did not cover anywhere near the wide range of skills I have acquired over my long career. I did not care for this interview process. Good luck! :)

Interview Questions

• What is a user-defined table?   1 Answer

Sort Module Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

I applied online and I got a phone interview within 3 weeks. The interview lasted for 1 h and it involved a combination of both technical and behavioral questions. After 1 week, I got invitation for on-site interview at Hillsboro (OR). The onsite interview started at 10am till 5pm and different managers interviewed every 45 minutes. It was a great experience for the whole day and I got offer within 1.5 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose this job position?   1 Answer

PTD Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in April 2017.

Interview

I have submitted my resume at the university career fair. Got selected for screening which was for 15-20 minutes. In which, the interviewer asked about my research. After 3 weeks got a call for the onsite interview. I met 7 different area managers during the interview and most of the time, they asked questions related to my research. Overall it was a casual interview.

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview:
    Got a phone interview with a manager two days after I submitted my application. The interview was technical/behavior related, pretty straight forward. Be ready for the questions about trouble-shooting skills and equipment you have handled during graduate school. At the end of the call, I was invited for an on-site interview which was scheduled two weeks after the phone call.

Onsite interview:
    Like everyone mentioned here, it was a all day process (8:30am-4:30pm). It started with the manager who did the phone interview with me. He quickly ran down the schedule for the day and talked more about the responsibilities and expectations (on-call duty) of the job. The following interview includes an 1-hour thesis presentation, 2-hour lunch, and 6 one-hour sessions with different managers. They really focused on trouble-shooting skill, handling equipment and conflict. During the 2- hour lunch, it was really a great opportunity for you to ask questions about the job, intel, work-life balance. Everyone I talked to was very nice, they made sure I felt comfortable and asked if I needed water or need to go to bathroom multiple times.

At the end of the day, I was told I would hear back with results between 4-6 weeks. At the end of 5th week, I got email asking for background check information and visa status. After 7 weeks, I got the phone call to discuss about the offer, and the offer next day. I did not negotiate because the offer itself is very competitive.

I had multiple recruiters reached out to me for the offer which is a bit confusing. Just want to put it out here that you might expect to be contacted by different recruiters during the process for the same position.

Overall, it was a great experience. I felt comfortable and relax during the interview. Everyone who interviewed me seems happy to work there. I also saw people in the hall way and they all looked satisfied.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you did not agree with your adviser, and how you convinced him/her to go with your idea?   Answer Question

Process TD Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in March 2017.

Interview

Email from Intel forwarded to our department students, requested resumes of Ph.D. candidates/recent graduates. Applied in response to that via email and the hiring manager replied the very next day to schedule a phone interview the a couple of days later. The phone interview was for about 30-45 min and the manager initially explained the role and the responsibilities, most of which required hands-on experimental skills and a good aptitude to learn. Semiconductor processing experience was not necessary and the questions were mostly related to my major (Chemical Engineering) and about the different tools, techniques and experimental methods I had utilized in my research. I spoke about my work being almost entirely experimental and involving less than 5% modelling/simulation. The hiring manager reviewed my resume over phone and kept asking questions to understand my background and experience. They were also particular about scientific stature and the number/quality of publications during graduate research and also asked for my GPA at all levels. A couple of fundamental chemical engineering questions involving fluid mechanics, reaction engineering, heat and mass transfer were also asked during the phone interview just to test the basics. A few days later, I was invited by the hiring manager for the on-site interview which was schedule a month and a half after the phone screen. Three weeks before the on-site interview, Intel's travel agent (American Express Global Business Travel) contacted to arrange the travel plan - hotel, flight and car. The on-site interview started at 7:30 am and lasted almost the entire day. After the first interview for an hour with the hiring manager, I presented my Ph.D. dissertation research to a group of engineers. Questions during my presentation were very interesting and the presentation went well, where I focused more on the experimental systems that I have built, troubleshooted and modified before briefly talking about my results and findings. After the presentation, I had seven one-on-one interviews (each of which was about 45 min - 1 hr long). I was ready with a printed copy of my slides (Thanks Glassdoor!!!), so that I could give a 5 min overview of my presentation to the interviewers who couldn't make it to my talk. The interviews were with various team members (engineers, group leaders, managers, hr) and in each interview, I had to start from scratch and go over my background, research and experience. Some of the interviews were purely technical, focusing on chemical engineering fundamentals while some of them were behavioral questions. The most difficult part of the interview for me was just the length! It is exhausting and tough to show the same energy and enthusiasm in each interview throughout the day. I was told by my friends who work at Intel that if you don't get a rejection within a few days after the interview, you're most likely to get an offer. I waited for about a month and then got the offer letter from Intel. Overall, it was a challenging but very rewarding experience.

Interview Questions

• Your research is not related to the job you are interviewing for. Why are you not pursuing further research in your area of interest and why do you want to work for Intel ?   1 Answer

FI Discipline Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview consisted of one phone screening followed by on site interview 3 weeks after the phone screening. The on site interview was 1:1 interview starting from 8.00 A.M. to 4.00 P.M. consisting of tour of facility and lunch. The entire team was really great and really enjoyed interview. Mostly the team was interested in the past experience related to problem solving skills and how did I manage difficult people in past. Was a awesome experience to meet the team and Manager. The wonderful thing about job and team is how it is able to make great impact in the entire company within short period of time.

Interview Questions

• Mostly Behavioral Questions.

1) Based on how easily you get involved in team.
      2) Problem-solving skills.
      3) Conflict resolving.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in March 2017.

Interview

Submitted resume at my school at an Info session.
    Got email couple of months later for telephone interview.
    At the end of the telephone interview, was invited onsite.
    After 4 weeks of onsite, heard from Manager that I have the job.
    2 more weeks later, got the offer.

Interview Questions

• Problem solving ability
      Sell your project (advertise it) in one minute
      Give examples of when you had to work late and why. Could you not have done it during regular work hours etc...

Very friendly people onsite..
      Answer Question

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR).

Interview

At the beginning, I was asked my availability for an interview but later on it was changed that I will need to take first a technical assessment in Codility.

Interview Questions

• There were 2 problems at Codility in a language of their choice.   Answer Question

Senior Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in March 2017.

Interview

One full day interview. One hour seminar, 30-40mins one-on-one interviews.
    The one-on-one interviews were with group leaders and area managers. Mainly covering problem solving skills and interest in joining intel. There was one technical question regarding the job position but was able to answer without any prior knowledge, basic chemistry/physics question.
    Was told that if no offer is made the I will be notified within a week.