Intel Corporation Interview Questions in Oregon | Glassdoor

Intel Corporation Interview Questions in Oregon

Updated Mar 23, 2017

Process TD Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in October 2016.

Interview

1 hrs presentation. Then interview by senior manager and team leader
    8 out of 12 person from andhra pradesh (telugu) , indian state. I think they were very racist to ward the other indian state person and the white american. Really do not like the environment of that team. Intel should not allow this kind of bias nature.

Manufacturing Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in September 2016.

Interview

I have applied for the position of Manufacturing technician on the company website and received an e-mail for a phone screen after 2 weeks. Attended the phone screen which took almost 50 minutes and consisted of behavioural and technical questions( basics of electronics, working and operation principles) and experiences had before. After 4 months received another e-mail for an in person interview at the intel campus. The interview lasted for 30 minutes and was the same pattern as of the phone interview . Had previously prepared question paper (mathematical problems) and had to solve two questions. Now waiting for the next step.

Interview Questions

• define the word diversity and how is it applicable at work?   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in August 2016.

Interview

Thesis presentation followed by technical, behavioral and area manager interview. Had Fab tour and lunch with employees in between where you can ask questions. I was asked resume based questions.

PTD Module & Integration Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in August 2016.

Interview

I got an on-campus interview with an Intel representative on the university job fair. Two months later, I received a phone screening from the hiring manager. The conversation focused on my PhD research with some additional behavioral questions. Then another two months later, I got invited to Hillsboro for an on-site interview. It started with an one-hour presentation, followed by 8-9 30-minute one on one. All technical questions from well-educated PhDs.

Interview Questions

• A lot of technical questions about the device physics of a deeply scaled MOSFET. Some process related questions.   3 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR).

Interview

had one on one or two on one interviews with 5-6 team members. 40% behavioral and 60% technical questions with some brain teasers and questions pertaining to internship I had there prior to my interview. Intel heavily favors Recent college grads and internship at intel is often a huge plus if you do well as an intern.

Interview Questions

• Had several questions about my prior experience as an intern.   Answer Question

Negotiation

written offer. I accepted as is.

Process Technology Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR).

Interview

Had a phone interview then got invited to Portland for another interview. Talked to ppl and managers there and had a fun day. They showed me around and asked some friendly questions about my presentation.

Interview Questions

• What's your research about? What's your contribution to a project I mentioned on CV?   1 Answer

Software Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR).

Interview

Many interviews, both for external and internal positions, use the Behavioral Interviewing technique. I have both used this myself and have been subjected to it. Here you ask your interviewee for a speecific example of what he or she did to show the experience you are looking for. As an interviewer, you dive into the example given to determine exactly what the candidate did (not other team members). Below is how this was used for an interview I had a few years back.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example where you used an Agile method to track a project.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR).

Interview

Time consuming and not well organized. It appeared that the company requires many guideline minimums to be met for each candidate resulting in overhead. Some interviewers were not well prepared or indifferent.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR).

Interview

talk with three engineers for technical questions and past projects. each for about one hour. Then talk with manager. He talk with current project in the team and allow you to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• video color format, allocate aligned memory. basic c++ questions.   Answer Question

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview process was easy and friendly because I have highly specialized skill sets that perfectly matched with the position. I had also been referred by two people internally, both of whom were much higher up on the org chart that the person who interviewed me.

What I want to point out is that after the first interview (in which the interviewer said she wanted me to talk to the her boss the next day) the interviewer emailed me to say that I couldn't even be considered for the contract position specifically BECAUSE I had been referred by other Intel employees. She said she found out there was a rule against hiring contractors who were referred internally.

I was quite shocked because I'd worked as a contractor for Intel in the past and that was a referral. I explained this to her in an email but she never responded. I asked the people who had referred me what they knew about this. Obviously, they wouldn't have referred me if they thought that would negate my chances. They said they'd never heard of this new rule either.

I still don't know if there actually is a new rule at Intel that prohibits internal contractor referrals or if the person who interviewed me was confused, or if she just made that up because she changed her mind. I'd like to know for the future.

Interview Questions

• She didn't ask any hard questions. She just talked about the position.   1 Answer