Intel Corporation Packaging Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.8

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

1. Screening call 50% technical 50% behavioral.
2. On-site visit 30% technical 70% behavioral, with 1 hour PhD research presentation.

Excellent people who asked lots of great questions. Very slow on moving the process through HR so it took over a month to hear back on an offer.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with tight deadlines, especially when to you have to move past a disagreement with a teammate?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Chandler, AZ).

Interview

Comprised of very few technical but a lot more on behavioral questions such as leadership, conflict resolution aspects. They were looking for someone very experienced although the job description required a NCG.

Interview Questions

• Give examples of when you demonstrated your leadership in the past   Answer Question

Packaging Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in September 2016.

Interview

referred by an employee in intel, and got a phone interview.
    First the interviewer gave me introduction about the job and the team. Then he asked me about myself and some behavior questions. The interview took about 30 mins. He told me that they would contact with in couple of weeks. But I never got any feedback.

Packaging Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

I applied the position through Intel website. One week later got an email from HR for an initial phone interview. Two people interviewed me together. One is an senior engineer and the other is Hiring Manger. The phone interview lasted 30 mins. First question is to Introduce yourself and then introduce your research. They will ask you some basic knowledge or concept with respect to your research.

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself. introduce your research. They also asked some question based on your research .   Answer Question

Packaging Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in July 2015.

Interview

I got the interview by employee referral. I got a call from the manager directly and a technical engineer contacted me for interview schedule. I got the call regrading to the interview schedule and made it next week. The phone interview was about 40 mins and basically he asked me more about my own experience and there was very few behavior questions. After I finished describing what I have done, I was asked to answer some technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Basic mechanical questions like some material elastic and plastic properties, failure criteria and some Finite Element questions. There was no behavior questions except for the one tell me about ourself.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

Started with a 30 min phone interview with the hiring manager. Asked mostly technical questions some from the resume and some fundamentals. Asked some general questions like about my experience doing research in the same field. Exactly one week later received a call for an onsite interview. This interview consisted of 4 one on one interviews with different dept managers ranging from electrical, mechanical and IT. Again most of the questions were based on your resume and experience. Questions about fundamentals of material behavior, packaging, mechanics etc. Some behavioral questions and analytical problem solving questions. Overall it was a good interview and everyone was courteous and friendly.

Packaging Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in June 2013.

Interview

1:1 with 4 hiring managers. Grilling. They will prove deep till you falter. Be honest and be yourself. If you dont know something just say so upfront. If you dont know for sure but still want to try communicate that. Feel free to use the blackboard to explain. If you do not understand a question as twice. Prepare for behavior interview. Practice scenrios from phd experience. Be honest but give everything a positive spin.

Interview Questions

• They want to test how you think on your feet.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2013.

Interview

This is okay. Multiple engineer come to the place to talk with you. They are not much interested in you, just brief talking with you, try to understand what you were doing in school, what you expect to learn from the new job opportunity etc. Generally, this is not a difficult process.

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Chandler, AZ) in February 2013.

Interview

I completed by internship for 3 months at the same location during the prior year. By the end of my school, I was interviewed by the same group and was offered a full time position.

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Chandler, AZ) in March 2012.

Interview

Interview process for a RCG with PhD in Mechanical Engineering:

The process started with two initial phone interviews on consecutive days. The interviews were mostly behavioral. I was asked to give a brief summary of what I had done for my PhD. Not much technical stuff beyond that. The description provided about the work at Intel was very good. I was notified about being selected for the onsite interview almost immediately after the 2nd phone interview (within 12 hrs).

The onsite interview was scheduled two weeks after the phone interview. It had to be rescheduled because of scheduling conflicts and prior commitments from my side. It was rescheduled almost immediately after I said I can't make it on the day I was originally scheduled for.

The onsite interview starts early in the morning with a briefing of the organizational structure and employee benefits. The benefits are very, very good and it was a bit difficult to not let them get into your head. To be honest, I wasn't paying attention to most of them as I was thinking of what laid ahead of me for the rest of the day. Yes, I am referring to the interviews.

It started with an hour long presentation. I was very impressed with their questions. I have presented my work at numerous leading conferences previously, but the questions Intel employees asked me showed that they truly are among the best and the brightest. No one asked me any question just for the sake of questioning and/or just because I was getting interviewed. The questions were very legitimate.

The presentation was followed by 1:1, 30-minute interviews with seven or eight people. Towards the end of the day, I was sort of losing count of how many people interviewed me. All the interviews were behavioral with an occasional technical chat, especially with reference to my presentation. Standard "Tell me about a time ...." questions. I was expecting those but I didn't expect all the interviews to only feature such questions. In addition, some questions were worded differently but repeated. Half way through the process, they take you for lunch. You sit with other members of the group. It's a very relaxing experience and I enjoyed it a lot. Post lunch, the interviews continued and went till about 4:00 PM. The last interview I had was with the senior most manager of the group and it was more like a chit-chat than an interview. Based on the whole experience, I would just say that if you can have a smile on your face after answering the same basic 5 or 6 questions (worded differently and transformed into about 30) over and over again, you should be fine. I think they just test your attitude towards work and working in a team, your composure and your overall personality. The people are very friendly. Some of them were very good at maintaining a "poker face", though.

Less than a week after my interview, the hiring manager asked me for references and it took them an additional week or so to extend me an offer. Once the hiring manager makes his/her decision, a staffing consultant contacts you and reviews the offer with you.

Overall, I was thoroughly impressed with every aspect of the process. The planning, organization, communication...everything was very, very good. The travel arrangements were immaculate. I think, each step of the process, even the call with the travel department, makes you want to work for Intel more than you have ever wanted.

Negotiation

I don't think there was a need to negotiate. Maybe there is for other positions.