Intel Corporation Packaging Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intel Corporation Packaging Engineer Interview Questions

2.8

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

1. Screening call 50% technical 50% behavioral.
2. On-site visit 30% technical 70% behavioral, with 1 hour PhD research presentation.

Excellent people who asked lots of great questions. Very slow on moving the process through HR so it took over a month to hear back on an offer.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with tight deadlines, especially when to you have to move past a disagreement with a teammate?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Chandler, AZ) in February 2013.

Interview

I completed by internship for 3 months at the same location during the prior year. By the end of my school, I was interviewed by the same group and was offered a full time position.

Packaging Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in June 2013.

Interview

1:1 with 4 hiring managers. Grilling. They will prove deep till you falter. Be honest and be yourself. If you dont know something just say so upfront. If you dont know for sure but still want to try communicate that. Feel free to use the blackboard to explain. If you do not understand a question as twice. Prepare for behavior interview. Practice scenrios from phd experience. Be honest but give everything a positive spin.

Interview Questions

• They want to test how you think on your feet.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Chandler, AZ).

Interview

Comprised of very few technical but a lot more on behavioral questions such as leadership, conflict resolution aspects. They were looking for someone very experienced although the job description required a NCG.

Interview Questions

• Give examples of when you demonstrated your leadership in the past   Answer Question

Packaging Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

I applied the position through Intel website. One week later got an email from HR for an initial phone interview. Two people interviewed me together. One is an senior engineer and the other is Hiring Manger. The phone interview lasted 30 mins. First question is to Introduce yourself and then introduce your research. They will ask you some basic knowledge or concept with respect to your research.

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself. introduce your research. They also asked some question based on your research .   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

Started with a 30 min phone interview with the hiring manager. Asked mostly technical questions some from the resume and some fundamentals. Asked some general questions like about my experience doing research in the same field. Exactly one week later received a call for an onsite interview. This interview consisted of 4 one on one interviews with different dept managers ranging from electrical, mechanical and IT. Again most of the questions were based on your resume and experience. Questions about fundamentals of material behavior, packaging, mechanics etc. Some behavioral questions and analytical problem solving questions. Overall it was a good interview and everyone was courteous and friendly.

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Chandler, AZ) in May 2009.

Interview

One day- onsite
    Presentation of graduate level work ; followed by many one to one interviews and dinner with 2 interviewers

Interview Questions

• TEchnically detailed questions related to thesis ; Derive solution for a problem   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Packaging Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in August 2012.

Interview

After submitting the online application, I was contacted via email for a phone interview. The phone interview was scheduled a week after the email and was done by one of the group members with whom I would be working with. It appears that they delegated out this task among their group members to get the initial group of candidates they want to bring in. There were technical and behavior questions in the phone interview.

Two weeks after the phone interview, I was brought in for an on-site interview. The group brought in was much smaller than I expected, and I think this may be a variance that depends on the group and the manager who is doing the hiring. In any case, all the group members, including the manager, had a chance to interview each of us alone. The questions were of similar quality to the phone interview, but they were more in depth as they could draw diagrams and look you in the eye.

Overall it was a good experience and felt like a fair process. Remember to get plenty of sleep and don't stress out too much about it, but also don't forget to review the knowledge you listed on your resume, as well as the knowledge required for the job description.

Interview Questions

• I was expecting to be quizzed on the knowledge required for the job, rather than what I had listed on my resume. So I completely embarrassed myself over the simple question: "How does a MOSFET work?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Chandler, AZ) in March 2012.

Interview

Interview process for a RCG with PhD in Mechanical Engineering:

The process started with two initial phone interviews on consecutive days. The interviews were mostly behavioral. I was asked to give a brief summary of what I had done for my PhD. Not much technical stuff beyond that. The description provided about the work at Intel was very good. I was notified about being selected for the onsite interview almost immediately after the 2nd phone interview (within 12 hrs).

The onsite interview was scheduled two weeks after the phone interview. It had to be rescheduled because of scheduling conflicts and prior commitments from my side. It was rescheduled almost immediately after I said I can't make it on the day I was originally scheduled for.

The onsite interview starts early in the morning with a briefing of the organizational structure and employee benefits. The benefits are very, very good and it was a bit difficult to not let them get into your head. To be honest, I wasn't paying attention to most of them as I was thinking of what laid ahead of me for the rest of the day. Yes, I am referring to the interviews.

It started with an hour long presentation. I was very impressed with their questions. I have presented my work at numerous leading conferences previously, but the questions Intel employees asked me showed that they truly are among the best and the brightest. No one asked me any question just for the sake of questioning and/or just because I was getting interviewed. The questions were very legitimate.

The presentation was followed by 1:1, 30-minute interviews with seven or eight people. Towards the end of the day, I was sort of losing count of how many people interviewed me. All the interviews were behavioral with an occasional technical chat, especially with reference to my presentation. Standard "Tell me about a time ...." questions. I was expecting those but I didn't expect all the interviews to only feature such questions. In addition, some questions were worded differently but repeated. Half way through the process, they take you for lunch. You sit with other members of the group. It's a very relaxing experience and I enjoyed it a lot. Post lunch, the interviews continued and went till about 4:00 PM. The last interview I had was with the senior most manager of the group and it was more like a chit-chat than an interview. Based on the whole experience, I would just say that if you can have a smile on your face after answering the same basic 5 or 6 questions (worded differently and transformed into about 30) over and over again, you should be fine. I think they just test your attitude towards work and working in a team, your composure and your overall personality. The people are very friendly. Some of them were very good at maintaining a "poker face", though.

Less than a week after my interview, the hiring manager asked me for references and it took them an additional week or so to extend me an offer. Once the hiring manager makes his/her decision, a staffing consultant contacts you and reviews the offer with you.

Overall, I was thoroughly impressed with every aspect of the process. The planning, organization, communication...everything was very, very good. The travel arrangements were immaculate. I think, each step of the process, even the call with the travel department, makes you want to work for Intel more than you have ever wanted.

Negotiation

I don't think there was a need to negotiate. Maybe there is for other positions.

Packaging Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2010.

Interview

Interviewed through campus career services, 1:1. Interview was simple, mostly behavioral questions and questions regarding preference to relocate etc. After 3 weeks, had a phone interview with a panel of interviewees. Questions were mostly technical and electrical engineering related.

Interview Questions

• Your PhD work and thesis has nothing to do with Intel. Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question