Intel Corporation Interview Questions in Phoenix, AZ | Glassdoor

Intel Corporation Interview Questions in Phoenix, AZ

Updated Apr 17, 2017

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Chandler, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

After you submit your application, you will receive a phone call. The purpose of the phone call is to gauge your background and ask your light technical questions regarding your background and interests. If you pass your phone screening you be invited on-site. I was being interviewed for two positions so I had a total of 11 interviewers.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why does the window fog up in the bathroom when I take a hot shower and what can i apply to the mirror to prevent it from happening?
      2. How do I prevent the substrate from bowing because it is causing misaligned issues with another process?
      3. How do I measure the melting of solder between two copper plates if I can not see it? Design an experiment and draw a graph of the behavior you should see.
      Answer Question

I decided to accept another offer instead, it was a better "fit" for me.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

Had a 30min phone interview followed by an on-site interview in Phoenix, AZ. The on-site interview consisted of a company and benefits overview followed by two interview sessions with team leaders and process engineers. Lunch was served before the two interview sessions began. Finally, I had to give a presentation of my research in front of several managers, team leaders, process engineers and technicians. The day ended with a happy hour/dinner with some of the managers and engineers.

Interview Questions

• Statistical questions, i.e., mean, standard deviation, normal distribution, etc. Also, questions about my research and instruments I have experience handling, e.g., physical vapor deposition, CVD, sputtering, etc.   Answer Question

Packaging Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

1. Screening call 50% technical 50% behavioral.
    2. On-site visit 30% technical 70% behavioral, with 1 hour PhD research presentation.

Excellent people who asked lots of great questions. Very slow on moving the process through HR so it took over a month to hear back on an offer.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with tight deadlines, especially when to you have to move past a disagreement with a teammate?   Answer Question

Packaging Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Chandler, AZ).

Interview

Comprised of very few technical but a lot more on behavioral questions such as leadership, conflict resolution aspects. They were looking for someone very experienced although the job description required a NCG.

Interview Questions

• Give examples of when you demonstrated your leadership in the past   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Tempe, AZ) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through my MBA program's on campus recruiting. The process was relatively simple. I had two 45 minute interviews back-to-back.
    The interviews were a mix of behavioral and scenario questions. There was about 15 minutes for questions at the end, this was a great time to showcase the research I had done, and the interest I had in working for the company.

Interview Questions

• You have a supplier that provides a key component to one of your products, they are planning to increase prices by 20%, what do you do?

How would you forecast expenses using financial and statistical models?

You are working with the marketing team and they are planning to spend nearly their entire budget on a media campaign. You don't agree with this decision, but you are not a decision maker, what do you do?
      Answer Question

Senior R&D Packaging Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Chandler, AZ) in November 2016.

Interview

Was doing a collaborative project with Intel as one of my projects in my Ph.D., towards the end of the Ph.D. program I gave my resume and business card to one of the team members we where working with. I selected to talk to one of the newest members of that group (he was only a year or two out of a Ph.D. program himself). So that guy knows the struggle of transitioning from Ph.D. program to industry. 3 months later I got a phone call to schedule a technical interview. After the 30min tech phone interview a month later I was scheduled for an on sight interview. The on sight interview is as follows: 7 one on one interviews, plus a 1 hour presentation over my Ph.D. research (40 mins was me talking, 20 mins was questions randomly ask while I was presenting), and a 1 hour lunch with a one on one interview the whole time. I would say 10% of the interview's questions where HR type questions where they where trying to gauge your behavior and personality traits. 80% was technical questions all from my resume or presentation. 10% was problem solving questions where they give you a random problem and see how you would go about solving it.

Interview Questions

• So pro tip. I brought a print out of my presentation with me during my interview. I could get most of the one on one's to focus on my resume/ presentation. Bring the interview questions into an area of science/engineering that I have been working on the past 4 years. My interview experience was 80% technical questions from my resume and presentation because I did my best to shift it that way.   1 Answer

New Product Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Chandler, AZ).

Interview

After the initial phone screening, it was a full day meeting with multiple managers (planning, engineering, design) to both understand the role and expectations. No second interview, received a call with a job and salary proposal and I took it.

Interview Questions

• I would say the main question I got across the board was around my experience and flexibility.   1 Answer

Package Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Chandler, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process lasted about 2 weeks. First with a phone screen then an onsite interview in Arizona. The onsite interview itself consisted on 6 one on one interviews each last about an hour.

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Chandler, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview took a few days. Sent Resume for finding a suitable match. The resume was screened and got an e-mail back. I went ahead and signed some papers. The papers were sent to the Chandler office.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Chandler, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

Full day one-on-one interviews with team members and hiring manager. Lunch with the team and other candidates. Q&A session with team and candidates. Tour of the facility for all the candidates.

Interview Questions

• Technical+Behavioral questions. Easy-Medium difficult. Friendly interviewers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Attempting to to negotiate in a very polite and professional manner resulted in job offer getting rescinded. The reason explained was that there was no shortage of qualified U.S workers for this role but the HR who explained the offer, clearly mentioned that Intel will be applying for my permanent resident status. Very shocking, and disappointed.