Intel Corporation Physical Design Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Dec 31, 2020

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Intel Corporation

3.1
HardAverageEasy
Found 41 candidate interviews
Anonymous Interview Candidate in India
Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (India) in Nov 2020

Interview

There was written test( Apti +technical) followed by technical discussion round and waiting for the next round. This took almost a week and waiting for the next round

Interview Questions
  • About the project details and the basics
    Answer Question
Anonymous Interview Candidate in India
Application

I interviewed at Intel Corporation (India)

Interview

Written test followed by 3 interviews ( 2 technical + managerial). The written test was abt basics of digital electronics, VLSI and analog electronics. The interview mostly tested basics of VLSI and why's? Few ques on diodes and ckts, MUX based designs, Kamps, design flow,and tell me abt yourself.

Interview Questions
Intel Corporation
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi
Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Intel Corporation (New Delhi) in Aug 2020

Interview

After completion of first round , they did not even give me feedback. When I called back after , they told job was on hold and they did not call me again.

Interview Questions
Intel Corporation
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (United States)

Interview

It was a phone screening after I applied online. The HR dropped an email to confirm availability and was then scheduled for a phone interview for about an hour. The overall communication was decent, although they did not send reponse after the interview. It was updated in the portal much later.

Interview Questions
  • They asked about the projects on the resume and basic questions about timing
Anonymous Employee in India
Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (India)

Interview

1 written test and 5 F2F inteviews with the project manager. they asked college project, basics of electronics, digital and analog. Very good questions asked which made us think in detail

Interview Questions
Intel Corporation
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (United States) in Aug 2019

Interview

good process . got a phone screeing . cleared it . then had a skype interview for 6 hours with 6 different people on the team . 2 rouhnds with the manager and 4 rounds technical within the team . found it average .

Interview Questions
Intel Corporation
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Boston, MA) in Jul 2019

Interview

Interview lasted 45 minutes, basic technical questions on timing, power, noise, synthesis, questions based on projects, Design for test basics (scan chain, BIST), was more like a conversation which led to different topics and thereby questions

Interview Questions
Intel Corporation
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (United States) in Jul 2019

Interview

I applied online through the Intel Careers website. A lead engineer and I scheduled an time for the interview. The engineer was very quick with responding to my emails. The interview lasted 40 minutes and was entirely made up of technical questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Austin, TX) in May 2019

Interview

Applied by sending resume directly to manager .First round was telephonic ,lasted for 40 minutes . Background check in parallel, 5 more technical rounds at onsite.All interviewers were good and understanding.

Interview Questions
  • Telephonic:Process and Temp variation for delays,Voltage and TEmperature effect on Metal LAyer,Synthesis flow:Inputs.How do u do floorplanning.?Power types and methods to control,DRC,challenges during placementa nd congestion Onsite; First ROund:Whole RTL to Netlist flow in detail,Timing correlation,miller effect,virtual routes),Sceond ROund: How do u solve DC and ICC correlation:DC putting lots of buffers-Reasons,How will u solve clock transition if sizing is not posibble(Explain MErging), 3rd Round : TECH DRC Questions :One problem was given :write a script to replace with right optimized via in power plan .4th Round :STA problems,3 equations -waveforms;derate effects,positive and negative edge flops at capturing end.5th ROund: Custom Bus routing (How to do manually for timing critical path),Script to find occurences of via in design by reference name and reduce runtime by not using get_cells twice.
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (United States)

Interview

Fairly simple, the round includes phone screening. If selected goes through an interview process with 5-6 people. It takes about a week or two to settle on the offer. Know the basics and be very clear on what you have added to your resume.

Interview Questions
  • What is PBA/GBA. Latch/ flop circuits, clock gating circuit
Viewing 1 - 10 of 41