Intel Corporation Physical Design Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Physical Design Engineer

Intel Corporation Physical Design Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Intel Corporation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in April 2011.

Interview

Received an email from the Physical Design team of Intel Corporation few days back. Included details of what to be expected and what they will offer. More of layout and design on Analog/Digital/RF/IO circuits , academic background they were looking for. Didn't tell me of the duration of interview and started with HR questions followed by technical questions mostly on CMOS Digital circuits.

Interview Questions

• CMOS Inverter , how to reduce the drive strength of Minimum size inverter   7 Answers
  • Difference Between SRAM and DRAM   3 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in March 2010.

Interview

I got phone call from senior engineer to schedule the telephonic interview on next day. Instead of question and answer type interview, it was discussion on what I knows and on my thesis topic. After 3-4 days they said I am selected for on-site interview. There were 6 1:1 rounds, all were technical. All interviewers were good and understanding. Hiring manager seemed bit busy. They covered all the courses and fundamental questions on them. They covered most of the scripting and other skills that is required for this position. On average it was straight forward interview and was not too tough. Questions included VLSI, ASIC, DSP, Microarchitecture and some algorithmic questions.

Interview Questions

• How can you detect the loop in single way linked list, using just one extra pointer?   2 Answers

Negotiation

I will say my offer is like average. Initially I was not satisfied, but peers said they have specific scale to decide your salary. As I am masters student with no work experience, I am in "grade 6", So I decided not to negotiate the offer. Intel don't negotiate for recent graduates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Austin, TX) in May 2019.

Interview

Applied by sending resume directly to manager .First round was telephonic ,lasted for 40 minutes . Background check in parallel, 5 more technical rounds at onsite.All interviewers were good and understanding.

Interview Questions

• Telephonic:Process and Temp variation for delays,Voltage and TEmperature effect on Metal LAyer,Synthesis flow:Inputs.How do u do floorplanning.?Power types and methods to control,DRC,challenges during placementa nd congestion
      Onsite; First ROund:Whole RTL to Netlist flow in detail,Timing correlation,miller effect,virtual routes),Sceond ROund: How do u solve DC and ICC correlation:DC putting lots of buffers-Reasons,How will u solve clock transition if sizing is not posibble(Explain MErging), 3rd Round : TECH DRC Questions :One problem was given :write a script to replace with right optimized via in power plan .4th Round :STA problems,3 equations -waveforms;derate effects,positive and negative edge flops at capturing end.5th ROund: Custom Bus routing (How to do manually for timing critical path),Script to find occurences of via in design by reference name and reduce runtime by not using get_cells twice.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Austin, TX) in March 2019.

Interview

had an onsite interview with 4 person in the group, and then had a phone call interview with my manager. And then after couple days, I received the phone call said I am in.

Interview Questions

• Some flip flop questions, logic design questions, and static timing questions   1 Answer

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Interview

It was a good experience. All the questions were relevant to the position. I had a phone screening which lasted for 1.5 hour. Later, I visited onsite for full panel interview

Interview Questions

• Setup & hold time, RC impact, tran & cap fixing?   2 Answers

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Fairly simple, the round includes phone screening. If selected goes through an interview process with 5-6 people. It takes about a week or two to settle on the offer. Know the basics and be very clear on what you have added to your resume.

Interview Questions

• What is PBA/GBA. Latch/ flop circuits, clock gating circuit   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in December 2016.

Interview

I attended the interview process in Dec 2016. It was done in two stages, telephonic and Face to face. The telephonic lasted for 30 mins. The manager took the interview and he was very friendly. The interview was mainly focused on basic VLSI concepts. The onsite interview lasted for 3 hours. The focus was on layout diagrams, basic gates, resistance questions related to length and width of the wire, analytical questions and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Flow of current in a layout ( given randomly by the interviewer)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in January 2014.

Interview

1 hour Phone screening
    7 rounds of 1:1 technical interviews
    Lunch interview about projects on resume
    All interviewers were really nice and easy to talk to.
    Interview took place from 9am-4pm with 1 hour lunch.

Interview Questions

• Phone screening
      1. Questions about previous work experiences, digital circuit/layout design.

1:1 Technical interviews
      1. RC circuits. Response to step input signal.
      2. Transistor sizing for better setup/hold times.
      3. Layout design of NAND3/NOR3 gates in different styles
      4. Elmore delay of complex gates.
      5. Standard cell library architecture choices and tradeoffs
      6. Physical verification of standard cell libraries
      7. DFM/DFD questions
      8. Perl/Tcl and EDA tool related questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

two phone Interview, one onsite. I got the 1st phone interview after 2 weeks of my friends referral. Wait one week for the second interview. Wait one week for onsite.

Interview Questions

• phone interview focus on resume!! Very in detail!!! Even ask you how you chose those component, how you implement your algorithm in FPGA, what technique you used and how? any problem you met and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in September 2016.

Interview

Two technical telephonic round. Interviewers were very friendly and asked most questions on basics of the coursework done in University. Some behavioral and problem-solving questions. The process took three weeks to complete background verifications and issue offer