Intel Corporation Interview Questions in Portland, OR | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 17, 2018

618 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

CAD Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in December 2017.

Interview

It was smooth and friendly. They flew me to Portland and they I spent the whole day meeting with people of my potential team. These were one-on-one, 45mins interviews.

PTD Module Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied in September 2017 and about three weeks later, I got a phone interview request by email. In a week, phone interview was scheduled with an engineer. Phone interview took 45 min approximately and following day I was asked for a on-site interview which was scheduled in Mid Dec. Whole process took over two months. On site interview, i was talked with 17 people at the cafeteria (cafeteria is the place for the interview). Every half an hour somebody came to the table, I was sat initially. I also gave a 1 h thesis presentation. I was asked same things over and over again from 7:45 am to 5 pm. Some engineers or GL were not welcoming and kept telling me how intense the working condition was. I was told about the cons most of the time. I talked with couple fresh engineers and they told me they are there because they did not have any other offer or they mentioned they were not thinking whole career at Intel for life long. These are the things an applicant does not expect to hear and they made me so down about my application. I got so tired and exhausted during the day.

Manufacturing Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in November 2017.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter, then applied for the job online and filled out a pre-screen document to send back to the recruiter. Was called by recruiter, who detailed the interview process; then contacted by hiring individual who conducted the phone pre-screen with me. Then I had an in-person interview with two hiring individuals.

Interview Questions

• Q: tell us about a time you dealt with a difficult coworker and whether you could see things from their perspective Q: Tell us about a high-intensity situation and how it was stressful Q: Have you ever worked in a diverse community, and how did the diversity benefit you/the work you did? In addition to those behavioral questions, I was asked to solve two math-related problems (a gas container knowing its full mass and empty mass, when it is x% full what is its weight? Finding the average of a set of numbers, then inputing that average into a simple provided equation)   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR).

Interview

I met the recruiters at a poster session on the campus. They were my judges. During my poster presentation, they asked interview type of questions, based mostly on my research. One of the judge asked for my resume. After a few days I received a call from one of the recruiters asking just two simple questions. 1) If I was willing to take up an 'on call' job and 2) about my visa status. Then I was invited for an onsite interview which I scheduled after a month.

The onsite interview laster from 8 am to 3 pm involving three interviews and one technical presentation of my research to 4 Intel employees. Through out the interview I was provoked to ask a lot of questions so be prepared with them. Most questions were about my research and others were standard interview questions like Why Intel? How do I make sure if the undergraduate researchers working with me are doing the right work, explain your research briefly. A lot of focus was also given to equipment maintenance and repair questions. I did not receive many questions during the research presentation. A few that they asked were merely on my research and very simple.

Components Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR).

Interview

The telephonic interview lasted for 30 mins. After 2 weeks went to appear for the onsite interview. This was a 8-9 Hrs. long interview. Starting at 8AM. It all started with a interview with the hiring manager/group leader and then went on to the research presentation. At the presentation about 8-10 people were present. be prepared to stop almost at every slide. This was followed by half an hour interview with individuals.

Interview Questions

• Explain your work and tell me about yourself. Then some details about the work. They appreciated that I carried slides of my current research.   Answer Question

Process Technology Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied in August of 2017 though the company's website.
    Had a phone screen during 1st week of September , and flew me over in October 2nd week.
    I had 11 interviews which are 1:1 and about 30 min each. The interviews consists mostly of repetitive questions based on situational scenarios, ownership of equipment and very few technical questions. Had lot of learning during these 1:1 interviews and taking printout of PhD presentation slides helped a lot (thanks to glassdoor). 45 min of Phd thesis presentation to 5 engineers and questions were really basic.
    Overall, most of the Interviewers were friendly.
    almost into a week, I got an automated email saying that the position has been cancelled which I interviewed for.
    I felt bad for not receiving an official communication from either HR or the PTD group saying that position has been cancelled or something instead of sending an automated email.

Overall- its a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Ownership of equipment during your work experience.   Answer Question
    • How did you manage any disputes/confrontations in your research group.   Answer Question

PTD Module Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in October 2017.

Interview

The entire process took 2 weeks. I was referred by an employee and soon after was contacted for a phone interview. The phone interview was ~45min. Most questions were general such as 1) Tell me about yourself, 2) Why Intel, 3) What skills make you a good fit 4) Tell me about a time you... worked with a team, disagreed with your boss/collague, had to convince/persuade someone, etc. 5) Tell me about a time that you had to troubleshoot an issue (equipment troubleshooting preferred, also can be any type of equipment that you used in lab, doesn't necessarily have to be semiconductor equipment) 6) Do you have any questions for me. After the phone interview, I got invited for an in-person interview. It is several one-on-one interviews (30-45min each) and a 1hr presentation. Note: it is a very long day 8am-4pm, so get some rest and stay engaged during the entire process. Most questions were similar (if not the same) as the interpersonal and troubleshooting questions asked during the phone interview. Several in-depth questions about my research. Make sure you know your research well and every single piece of equipment you use/mention on your resume. I got an offer 1 week after interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Why Intel?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you had to troubleshoot... Give an example   Answer Question
    • Tell me about X, Y, Z that was discussed in your presentation. How does (specific tool/process) work? What other approaches could you have taken to address?   Answer Question

LTD Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process was more like what many other peeps described here. Based on my personal experience, I would like to give some insight of their hiring process because that I was more concerned about that.
    Starting with the phone interview until the day I was offered an employment, the whole process took me about 10 weeks. I was asked to come onsite at the end of my phone interview and scheduled the same after 20 days. At the end of my on-site interview, I was suggested to wait/follow up in 3-4 weeks. I waited for 4 weeks and followed up with the area manager who invited me on-site. I got an immediate response asking to wait for 2-3 more weeks as the processes were slow due to the holiday season. I did not hear anything within the suggested time frame. Then I followed up with the area manager again. Though I didn't hear anything from him, the very next day I received an email that said immigration questionnaire followed by an email notifying the offer. The offer was later verbally delivered by a hiring manager. Upon accepting it, an official offer letter was sent via email. Start date of the job is not mentioned in the offer letter. That's altogether a different section where the third party of immigration experts will be contacting you for further details. They will determine your clearance to work and then confirm your joining date.

Interview Questions

• Questions revolve mostly around your research and what you specify in your resume.
      A few very basic/ common sense questions were asked (which I did not earlier think of).   1 Answer

CMP Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in October 2017.

Interview

I got referred to the position, then later was interviewed on the phone. Phone interview was super easy. The guy just went over my resume and asked me a couple of questions about SEM. Then 1.5 months later I got a call for onsite interview. Went to Hillsboro, sat through 9 hours of interview (zoned out a lot during that, lol) and then got an offer 4 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Conflict with boss. Every single interviewer asked this.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in October 2017.

Interview

Got an email to schedule a 1 h phone interview. After passed this process, I was invited to an onsite interview. It was scheduled from 8 am to 5 pm including a research presentation and 7 one-to-one interviews without any rest time. Some tough question to my research projects since interviewers had various backgrounds from physics, engineering, etc.

Interview Questions

• Soft questions about collaboration experience, troubleshooting ability, etc.   1 Answer