Intel Corporation Process Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intel Corporation Process Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Dec 21, 2017

273 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2017.

Interview

A friend gave me the email of the hiring manager and I sent him my resume.He replied in less than 30 minutes that he would love to have a phone conversation with me the following week.During the interview,he explained the details of the position and asked about my research.He also asked if I was a good team player and my confidence level in working with instruments and
troubleshooting them.Some behavioral
questions were also asked.At end of the
phone conversation,he said he was so impressed with my level of confidence and that I sounded so passionate.He promised to get back to me with details of the on-site interview .

Interview Questions

• What process do you use to troubleshooting equipment/instruments you have worked with?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

I got phone interview having some technical questions. It took for 40 min.
    The hiring manager was nice and kind. I did not have any behavioral questions. I'm have on site interviews after phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Have you have any trouble shooting of tools   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. He was nice and mostly asked about working with different equipment and how to troubleshoot equipment. the interview lasted about 40 min.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2017.

Interview

Basic personality questions and technical questions for chemical engineering interview. Flown out, had a rental car and hotel, company overview and benefits presentation then two 1 hour segments with 2 employees. Some technical and some behavioral questions in each segment.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Multiple short interviews. Thesis presentation to 4 engineers. Lunch and tour of the fab. All started from submitting my resume and getting a quick phone interview before flying out and staying overnight at a hotel near the campus.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Intel   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR).

Interview

I met the recruiters at a poster session on the campus. They were my judges. During my poster presentation, they asked interview type of questions, based mostly on my research. One of the judge asked for my resume. After a few days I received a call from one of the recruiters asking just two simple questions. 1) If I was willing to take up an 'on call' job and 2) about my visa status. Then I was invited for an onsite interview which I scheduled after a month.

The onsite interview laster from 8 am to 3 pm involving three interviews and one technical presentation of my research to 4 Intel employees. Through out the interview I was provoked to ask a lot of questions so be prepared with them. Most questions were about my research and others were standard interview questions like Why Intel? How do I make sure if the undergraduate researchers working with me are doing the right work, explain your research briefly. A lot of focus was also given to equipment maintenance and repair questions. I did not receive many questions during the research presentation. A few that they asked were merely on my research and very simple.

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Chandler, AZ) in October 2017.

Interview

Was reached out to by email about a manufacturing technician role. Then was asked to do a phone interview that took about 30 minutes. The Hr representative was very informative and told me what to focus on as far as preparation. At the end of the interview she advised me to wait 7-10 days to hear back regarding when I will be invited for the on campus interview. I heard back in about 4 days. At the end of the phone interview I was contacted by someone else in at intel that advised me to apply for the process engineering role due to my education. This was the role I was ultimately interviewed for. The on campus interview was a great experience, there was an overview at the start of the day, and then we got to have lunch and talk with interviewers before being taken away for the interview. The interview consisted of interview questions based on your educational discipline. Two 1 hour sessions with 2 interviewers. (Mechanical engineering. Discipline)

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2017.

Interview

On-site interview was long (9 hours), however everybody was very nice and polite. Questions were expected and it seemed that almost all interviewers asked the same questions. Questions mostly revolved around my current research.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Chandler, AZ) in October 2017.

Interview

First interview was on campus interview, they just want to know you more and some of your interests. Then, I got invited for an onsite interview in Arizona. It was a combination of STAR questions with some technical questions. For the tech questions, the interviewers give you hints and do your best to give an answer. Know statistics!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2017.

Interview

It's two one-hour interviews back to back. You stay in one room and the 2 interviewers switch (4 engineers total). They are assigned technical and behavioral questions to ask you from a packet. It will be major specific: mechanical, chemistry, materials science, electrical, etc. Admit if you don't know a technical question and they will walk you through it. They alternate between technical and behavioral. Answer the behavioral questions well, that's how you get the job. You need to tell a story and set the scene about an experience you had. Be honest. Show them your personality. They ask you a statistical analysis problem in one session and troubleshooting system problem in the other. They want to see how you problem solve and think.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when a colleague or classmate was doing something unsafe and how did you react?   Answer Question
    • You have a vacuum sealed system that is outputting 13.5 torr, you want it to output 15 torr, how would you troubleshoot?   Answer Question