Intel Corporation Process Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intel Corporation Process Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Nov 29, 2017

271 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

I got phone interview having some technical questions. It took for 40 min.
The hiring manager was nice and kind. I did not have any behavioral questions. I'm have on site interviews after phone interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. He was nice and mostly asked about working with different equipment and how to troubleshoot equipment. the interview lasted about 40 min.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Multiple short interviews. Thesis presentation to 4 engineers. Lunch and tour of the fab. All started from submitting my resume and getting a quick phone interview before flying out and staying overnight at a hotel near the campus.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Intel   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR).

Interview

I met the recruiters at a poster session on the campus. They were my judges. During my poster presentation, they asked interview type of questions, based mostly on my research. One of the judge asked for my resume. After a few days I received a call from one of the recruiters asking just two simple questions. 1) If I was willing to take up an 'on call' job and 2) about my visa status. Then I was invited for an onsite interview which I scheduled after a month.

The onsite interview laster from 8 am to 3 pm involving three interviews and one technical presentation of my research to 4 Intel employees. Through out the interview I was provoked to ask a lot of questions so be prepared with them. Most questions were about my research and others were standard interview questions like Why Intel? How do I make sure if the undergraduate researchers working with me are doing the right work, explain your research briefly. A lot of focus was also given to equipment maintenance and repair questions. I did not receive many questions during the research presentation. A few that they asked were merely on my research and very simple.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2017.

Interview

On-site interview was long (9 hours), however everybody was very nice and polite. Questions were expected and it seemed that almost all interviewers asked the same questions. Questions mostly revolved around my current research.

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Chandler, AZ) in October 2017.

Interview

Was reached out to by email about a manufacturing technician role. Then was asked to do a phone interview that took about 30 minutes. The Hr representative was very informative and told me what to focus on as far as preparation. At the end of the interview she advised me to wait 7-10 days to hear back regarding when I will be invited for the on campus interview. I heard back in about 4 days. At the end of the phone interview I was contacted by someone else in at intel that advised me to apply for the process engineering role due to my education. This was the role I was ultimately interviewed for. The on campus interview was a great experience, there was an overview at the start of the day, and then we got to have lunch and talk with interviewers before being taken away for the interview. The interview consisted of interview questions based on your educational discipline. Two 1 hour sessions with 2 interviewers. (Mechanical engineering. Discipline)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Chandler, AZ) in October 2017.

Interview

First interview was on campus interview, they just want to know you more and some of your interests. Then, I got invited for an onsite interview in Arizona. It was a combination of STAR questions with some technical questions. For the tech questions, the interviewers give you hints and do your best to give an answer. Know statistics!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2017.

Interview

It's two one-hour interviews back to back. You stay in one room and the 2 interviewers switch (4 engineers total). They are assigned technical and behavioral questions to ask you from a packet. It will be major specific: mechanical, chemistry, materials science, electrical, etc. Admit if you don't know a technical question and they will walk you through it. They alternate between technical and behavioral. Answer the behavioral questions well, that's how you get the job. You need to tell a story and set the scene about an experience you had. Be honest. Show them your personality. They ask you a statistical analysis problem in one session and troubleshooting system problem in the other. They want to see how you problem solve and think.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when a colleague or classmate was doing something unsafe and how did you react?   Answer Question
    • You have a vacuum sealed system that is outputting 13.5 torr, you want it to output 15 torr, how would you troubleshoot?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in August 2017.

Interview

My friend who works at Intel referred my resume and the hiring manager contacted me in about a month. He scheduled a phone interview which took place a week later.

During the phone interview, the hiring manger started describing the job responsibilities. Then he asked me about my research. Questions were all centered around my research and focusing on problem-solving skills. No behavioral questions were asked. At the end of the phone interview, he said he will get back to me next week. The phone interview was conducted on Friday and I received an email on the following Tuesday, saying that I was invited for an on-site interview at Hillsboro, OR.

Like other people have mentioned here, the onsite interview was a day-long process (from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm). The hiring manager who phone-interviewed me greeted me at the front desk and we moved to the cafeteria to continue our conversation, which lasted about half hour. He clarified the job responsibilities again and emphasized the on-call duty. I had two interviewers before I gave my PhD dissertation presentation that morning. One of the interviewers was a group leader and he asked me a lot of behavioral questions. The other interviewer asked me both technical and behavioral questions and later he led me to the conference room. All the people who interviewed me and would interview me all presented in the conference room, except the hiring manager. My presentation got delayed due to some technical issues but it went well overall. Those interviewers asked me questions all related to my research along with some statistics questions. After that, two engineers took me out for a lunch. I asked them about work/life balance at Intel and how they like the work environment, etc. There were three interviewers after the lunch. Two of them asked me specific technical questions. For example, one asked me to draw a chemical vapor deposition diagram and explained where the pump is located. Then, he explained a situation and ask me how to trouble-shoot the problem. The other interviewer did a similar thing. She asked me how to trouble shoot a thin-film deposition problem when there is non-uniform deposition.

At the end of the day, my escort told me that I have to wait for 6-8 weeks to find out the result. I waited for four weeks and the HR represented called me to deliver the offer. We discussed the details, such as compensation and benefits. The next day I received the official offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions:
      1. What's your greatest weakness?
      2. When you have a disagreement with your supervisor/adviser, how do you react?
      3. Have you had any hands-on experiences of trouble shooting a machine/tool? What did you do?
      4. What can you contribute to Intel?

Technical questions:
      1. Describe a situation where you have had to overcome a problem or obstacle in order to move forward with something. What did you do?
      2. Tell me about a problem that you've solved in a unique or innovative way. What was the outcome? Were you happy or satisfied with it?
      3. What is your biggest challenge during your research, and how did you overcome this challenge?
      4. How does a SEM work? Show me a diagram.
      5. Draw me a CVD diagram and explain how the system works.
      6. If a CVD system has a much higher pressure than the set point, how will you trouble shoot the problem?
      7. If you receive a data set showing a film uniformity, how will you check the machine?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in September 2017.

Interview

First hiring manager called over a phone. He briefly explains about the job position responsibility. Phone interview was about 30 minutes long. Then I had phone interview with staff scientist. It was about 40 minutes long. He asked me about my PhD thesis. More details on what types of work I did and what was the impact. I enjoyed the conversation.