Intel Corporation Process Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intel Corporation Process Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 7, 2017

254 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Phone screening with hiring manager, followed by onsite interview. Back to back 1:1 interviews with 1 hour presentation in between and 2 hour lunch break with Intel employees. Mixed of technical questions on PhD research and situational question.

Interview Questions

• Go over resume, Explain a time in grad school where you encountered technical challenge   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Process Engineer Interview

Interview

2 phone screening interview with onsite after that, talked with 8 persons 1 hr for each
    1 hr presentation. lots of behavior question. talk about your research and how much you know about the skill required.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rio Rancho, NM

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Rio Rancho, NM) in May 2017.

Interview

Interviewers were welcoming and friendly. There were two interviews on-site separated by lunch on-site with HR rep. Each interview was approximately 1 hour and was conducted by a pair of engineering managers.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

We had an R&D lead from the Dry Etch team in Hillsboro, OR visit our campus and take walk-in interviews after his presentation. That went well, and I was called for an on-site interview when I followed up with them 3-4 weeks later (They had asked me to follow up with them if I didn't hear back in that much time).

I was given a detailed description of what to expect for the interview process. I was to give a 45-minute presentation of my Master's thesis work to a group of employees there. That would be followed by 4 rounds of interview - one technical, one HR, one lunch and one engineering manager.

The day started off poorly, the employee who was to pick me up to take me to the presentation room was some 20 minutes late, and for some reason my laptop wouldn't connect to their projector, delaying my start even further. I'd lost track of time by then and wasn't told how long I should finally present for. I was apparently going a bit slowly since one of the people in the audience asked me to speed up, at one point. One of them also slept for quite a good portion of the presentation, which was very distracting but I tried to go on, ignoring him. But for the time issue, I was able to present my work reasonably well and answer their questions as well. Thought it could've been better overall, but I felt I did a decent job given the unplanned time limitation.

After that, I had the two main rounds of interview. Each of them asked me both technical and behavioral questions, but each focusing on one kind mainly. All questions in these two rounds were directly from my resume, technical questions from specific research projects, and behavioral questions giving general situations I would've faced in these and how I would've responded, etc.

The lunch was more of a casual discussion than an interview, it lasted for quite a while and went on very well. The final round was much shorter than the other two, and was also less of an interview than it was an exchange of organizational expectations and the candidate's goals, covering whatever all the previous people had missed out on.

All of these interview rounds went pretty well for me, I couldn't possibly have done any better, and I felt I must've come off as pretty impressive. I was rejected after 5 days, and unfortunately, they don't provide any interview feedback. I am guessing probably the presentation wasn't good enough, as I can't think of any other place where I was lacking.

Interview Questions

• All technical questions were from my previous experiences - they would have my resume in their hand while talking. Behavioral questions were mostly standard, nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

submitted my resume to the campus recruiter. Had an on campus interview the next day. We discussed my work, my problem solving skills and research highlights according to my resume. Received a phone interview about 2-3 weeks later. Phone interview was very short and relatively easy. talked about my problem solving skills

Interview Questions

• name a time in your research when you had a problem and how did you figure it out.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in April 2017.

Interview

The entire process took about 2 months. I met the recruiter at NSBE 2017 conference and the next day got an interview with one of the hiring manager. The following week I heard from the same manager for an onsite interview. In two weeks I visited Intel Portland OR campus.

1. Started from 8 am with meeting the same manager who interviewed me at the conference.
    2. There was an hour long presentation Ph.D. research. There were some interesting questions but basics. Most of the audience of the presentation was same who are going to take my one on one interview.
    3. After the presentation, there were 5 one -on- one interview with Managers and area managers. Overall it was very casual talking and asking about conflict managements etc. some technical questions. One interviewer did her Ph.D. somewhat similar to what I did and she went nuts asking questions but I did calm her down!!! phew....
    4. There was a two-hour lunch with process engineers. Best time to learn as much as you can about the Intel, work culture, work life balance etc.
    5. After onsite, I waited 4 weeks but haven't heard back. So, I emailed the manager who invited me for onsite. He replied saying to give them 2-4 more weeks. Eventually, after 7 weeks I got email and phone call discussing the offer and later same day the offer.
    6. Overall, it's definitely a long process. Just be patient and keep applying until you hear back from them. If you did well, you will definitely hear back!

Interview Questions

• Technical from the Ph.D. presentation and Behavioural:
       One Interviewer seemed very interested in nanoscale heat transfer in porous media (something he did in his Ph.D. too). That's the only 1 hour of technical questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in April 2017.

Interview

I gave me CV to a college recruiter. He called me 3 weeks later and did a phone interview and then invited me to an on-site interview in Portland. The interview was a week later and the company paid for all my travel expenses. Now it has been 2 weeks since the interview and i still haven't heard back. Many people has indicated that they received the rejection after 5 days and people who got an offer they heard back after almost a month.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a conflict you had at work   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview:
    Got a phone interview with a manager two days after I submitted my application. The interview was technical/behavior related, pretty straight forward. Be ready for the questions about trouble-shooting skills and equipment you have handled during graduate school. At the end of the call, I was invited for an on-site interview which was scheduled two weeks after the phone call.

Onsite interview:
    Like everyone mentioned here, it was a all day process (8:30am-4:30pm). It started with the manager who did the phone interview with me. He quickly ran down the schedule for the day and talked more about the responsibilities and expectations (on-call duty) of the job. The following interview includes an 1-hour thesis presentation, 2-hour lunch, and 6 one-hour sessions with different managers. They really focused on trouble-shooting skill, handling equipment and conflict. During the 2- hour lunch, it was really a great opportunity for you to ask questions about the job, intel, work-life balance. Everyone I talked to was very nice, they made sure I felt comfortable and asked if I needed water or need to go to bathroom multiple times.

At the end of the day, I was told I would hear back with results between 4-6 weeks. At the end of 5th week, I got email asking for background check information and visa status. After 7 weeks, I got the phone call to discuss about the offer, and the offer next day. I did not negotiate because the offer itself is very competitive.

I had multiple recruiters reached out to me for the offer which is a bit confusing. Just want to put it out here that you might expect to be contacted by different recruiters during the process for the same position.

Overall, it was a great experience. I felt comfortable and relax during the interview. Everyone who interviewed me seems happy to work there. I also saw people in the hall way and they all looked satisfied.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you did not agree with your adviser, and how you convinced him/her to go with your idea?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in March 2017.

Interview

Submitted resume at my school at an Info session.
    Got email couple of months later for telephone interview.
    At the end of the telephone interview, was invited onsite.
    After 4 weeks of onsite, heard from Manager that I have the job.
    2 more weeks later, got the offer.

Interview Questions

• Problem solving ability
      Sell your project (advertise it) in one minute
      Give examples of when you had to work late and why. Could you not have done it during regular work hours etc...

Very friendly people onsite..   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in February 2017.

Interview

I went to an Intel info section at school and had and 1 on 1 campus interview. Then, the manager emailed me and we did a phone interview two months later. I was invited for an on site interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience when you disagree with your manager, and how do you resolve it?   Answer Question
    • A deadline is due and you know you will miss it, how do you negotiate for an extension or what did you do?   Answer Question
    • Describe an experience when you changed someone's behavior.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • Show me your seminar slides and describe your project in 10 minutes.   Answer Question

Job duty is dull, and locks in for ten years to be an expert in one thing. Also concern of layoff and unable to deliver for the high expectations.