Intel Corporation Process Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intel Corporation Process Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 10, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR).

Interview

The whole interview took 1-2 month before they finally reach me at phone call screen. After this, it was a 1 day long onsite interview with group of scientists and engineers for discussion.

Interview Questions

• How are you gonna contribute to Intel/our group?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Chandler, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

After you submit your application, you will receive a phone call. The purpose of the phone call is to gauge your background and ask your light technical questions regarding your background and interests. If you pass your phone screening you be invited on-site. I was being interviewed for two positions so I had a total of 11 interviewers.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why does the window fog up in the bathroom when I take a hot shower and what can i apply to the mirror to prevent it from happening?
      2. How do I prevent the substrate from bowing because it is causing misaligned issues with another process?
      3. How do I measure the melting of solder between two copper plates if I can not see it? Design an experiment and draw a graph of the behavior you should see.
      Answer Question

I decided to accept another offer instead, it was a better "fit" for me.

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone interview: 30 minutes, questions about PhD research.

Onsite interview: Onsite interview was scheduled one month after the phone interview. Asked to report at 9:15 am. First, hiring manager who did the phone screening described the duties and responsibilities of a process engineer and briefly talked about Intel. Then, one hour long one-on-one interview with a group leader. He asked questions mostly about PhD research (similar to phone interview but more detailed). Next, one hour presentation on PhD research in front of two junior engineers. They asked only basic questions since their research background were different than mine and they took me to lunch afterwards. After lunch, another one hour long one-on-one interviews with a different group leader, questions asked were very similar to the first one. Interview with an area manager was scheduled but was canceled for unknown reason.

Offer: One week after the onsite, received an email from fadv regarding information for background check and official offer letter came 25 days after onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Tell me about your research.
      Most difficult project, where and why did you struggle, how did you overcome?

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

I got telephone interview and at the end of call, interviewer asked me to wait for next week and I got rejection after one week. They could not consider my application for further review.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in August 2016.

Interview

Thesis presentation followed by technical, behavioral and area manager interview. Had Fab tour and lunch with employees in between where you can ask questions. I was asked resume based questions.

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Chandler, AZ).

Interview

Scattered but comfortable. Some canned generic questions. Behavioral and technical based on major. 4 hours long rotating with 2 interviewers each time for 1 hour. If you want you can present research the day before. Typically a manager and an engineer will conduct interview. It can be difficult to come up with different scenarios for each interviewer but that is values for behavioral questions. Free lunch usually with brief update from HR. Several areas hire at once so it will typically be a group of 4-10 people interviewing at same time as other similar sized groups.

Interview Questions

• Thermocouple how does it work?   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview process went smooth. I was given ample time and opportunity to explain the work I did previously. Also, I was able to learn about the company, type of work they do, and how they work at Intel. Great experience, I enjoyed the interview process and also working there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in April 2016.

Interview

I first had an informal interview with a recruiter on campus who forwarded my resume to a different area manager. The next day I was invited to go to the Intel Campus in Hillsboro, OR for an interview in two weeks. The interview day began at 8:30. I first did a presentation on my thesis work for 5 people, then a one on one technical interview about my research and different things I listed on my resume. After that was a behavioral interview where the interviewer asked about conflict and teamwork. After that was lunch and fab window tour. Then a quick meeting with the area manager who will ask more questions similar to ones asked earlier in the day. The AM that I met didn't seem to be that interested in me which I guess explains why I didn't get an offer. They also don't give any feedback on what went wrong, so I'll never know.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a conflict with a supervisor and had to convince them you were right.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in April 2016.

Interview

The process began with my resume submission, which was followed up within 24 hours with a 1 hour phone interview. Heard immediately they were interested in on-site interview (Hillsboro, OR). Scheduled for interview within 3 weeks. Interview included: 45 minute seminar presentation, technical interview, behavioral interview, lunch with employees, lab tour, and area manager interview.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview: Wanted clarity of explanation over the phone w.r.t. dissertation research. Wanted general understanding of my problem solving method. Also wanted to know about experience instrumental troubleshooting. Asked basic behavioral questions (conflict resolution, working in a team vs working alone, etc).

On-site interview: Same types of questions but more time...each interview was an hour. During the presentation they asked questions about why certain decisions were made. Generally looking for depth of knowledge and well thought-out research method. Behavioral was more geared to work ethic w.r.t. leadership, teamwork, solo work, initiative, etc. Area Manager interview was a summary of both technical and behavioral. Seemed like a test to see how concisely and directly I could answer questions.

"WHY INTEL?" was my last question.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Boston, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

Sent my resume to a recruiting manager who was visiting the university. Had a 25-min on-campus interview, in which he described the position and asked me to describe my research.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a problem with an equipment you used in your research and how did you solve it.   Answer Question