Intel Corporation Process Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intel Corporation Process Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2017

266 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Multiple short interviews. Thesis presentation to 4 engineers. Lunch and tour of the fab. All started from submitting my resume and getting a quick phone interview before flying out and staying overnight at a hotel near the campus.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Intel   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR).

Interview

I met the recruiters at a poster session on the campus. They were my judges. During my poster presentation, they asked interview type of questions, based mostly on my research. One of the judge asked for my resume. After a few days I received a call from one of the recruiters asking just two simple questions. 1) If I was willing to take up an 'on call' job and 2) about my visa status. Then I was invited for an onsite interview which I scheduled after a month.

The onsite interview laster from 8 am to 3 pm involving three interviews and one technical presentation of my research to 4 Intel employees. Through out the interview I was provoked to ask a lot of questions so be prepared with them. Most questions were about my research and others were standard interview questions like Why Intel? How do I make sure if the undergraduate researchers working with me are doing the right work, explain your research briefly. A lot of focus was also given to equipment maintenance and repair questions. I did not receive many questions during the research presentation. A few that they asked were merely on my research and very simple.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2017.

Interview

On-site interview was long (9 hours), however everybody was very nice and polite. Questions were expected and it seemed that almost all interviewers asked the same questions. Questions mostly revolved around my current research.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in September 2017.

Interview

First hiring manager called over a phone. He briefly explains about the job position responsibility. Phone interview was about 30 minutes long. Then I had phone interview with staff scientist. It was about 40 minutes long. He asked me about my PhD thesis. More details on what types of work I did and what was the impact. I enjoyed the conversation.

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in August 2017.

Interview

My friend who works at Intel referred my resume and the hiring manager contacted me in about a month. He scheduled a phone interview which took place a week later.

During the phone interview, the hiring manger started describing the job responsibilities. Then he asked me about my research. Questions were all centered around my research and focusing on problem-solving skills. No behavioral questions were asked. At the end of the phone interview, he said he will get back to me next week. The phone interview was conducted on Friday and I received an email on the following Tuesday, saying that I was invited for an on-site interview at Hillsboro, OR.

Like other people have mentioned here, the onsite interview was a day-long process (from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm). The hiring manager who phone-interviewed me greeted me at the front desk and we moved to the cafeteria to continue our conversation, which lasted about half hour. He clarified the job responsibilities again and emphasized the on-call duty. I had two interviewers before I gave my PhD dissertation presentation that morning. One of the interviewers was a group leader and he asked me a lot of behavioral questions. The other interviewer asked me both technical and behavioral questions and later he led me to the conference room. All the people who interviewed me and would interview me all presented in the conference room, except the hiring manager. My presentation got delayed due to some technical issues but it went well overall. Those interviewers asked me questions all related to my research along with some statistics questions. After that, two engineers took me out for a lunch. I asked them about work/life balance at Intel and how they like the work environment, etc. There were three interviewers after the lunch. Two of them asked me specific technical questions. For example, one asked me to draw a chemical vapor deposition diagram and explained where the pump is located. Then, he explained a situation and ask me how to trouble-shoot the problem. The other interviewer did a similar thing. She asked me how to trouble shoot a thin-film deposition problem when there is non-uniform deposition.

At the end of the day, my escort told me that I have to wait for 6-8 weeks to find out the result. I waited for four weeks and the HR represented called me to deliver the offer. We discussed the details, such as compensation and benefits. The next day I received the official offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions:
      1. What's your greatest weakness?
      2. When you have a disagreement with your supervisor/adviser, how do you react?
      3. Have you had any hands-on experiences of trouble shooting a machine/tool? What did you do?
      4. What can you contribute to Intel?

Technical questions:
      1. Describe a situation where you have had to overcome a problem or obstacle in order to move forward with something. What did you do?
      2. Tell me about a problem that you've solved in a unique or innovative way. What was the outcome? Were you happy or satisfied with it?
      3. What is your biggest challenge during your research, and how did you overcome this challenge?
      4. How does a SEM work? Show me a diagram.
      5. Draw me a CVD diagram and explain how the system works.
      6. If a CVD system has a much higher pressure than the set point, how will you trouble shoot the problem?
      7. If you receive a data set showing a film uniformity, how will you check the machine?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

I submitted my resume to a hiring manager, then he called me one day to proceed phone interview right after he asked me available for talking or not. Phone interview went through my resume around 30 min. Then I went to on-site interview after couple weeks. The interview was scheduled a 45min talk for my research, and meeting with different engineers. Each session takes around 45 min. The first engineer introduced the job description in details and kept asking me "are you ok with 24/7 on-call job". I said absolutely every time but I dont know why he kept asking me. The hiring manager didnt join the seminar, then he asked about my research in his session. He didnt spend too much time on research, and he asked me questions. He asked something from the textbook which I know where to find but I dont memorize. He asked how this thing related to my research. I told him my research is not involved this so I dont have an answer right now but it will be interesting if studying the relation. Then he asked me to think right now. I was stuck because I only remember the concept but not the details. Otherwise I was asked behavior questions as usual.

Interview Questions

• How to apply dimensionless group when you learn from Chemical Engineering to your research?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Phone screening with hiring manager, followed by onsite interview. Back to back 1:1 interviews with 1 hour presentation in between and 2 hour lunch break with Intel employees. Mixed of technical questions on PhD research and situational question.

Interview Questions

• Go over resume, Explain a time in grad school where you encountered technical challenge   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online, eventually got emailed by a hiring manager to schedule a phone screen. The phone interview was pretty tough, nearly an hour of fairly intense and detailed (mostly) technical questions. Was invited to interview on-site at the end of the call.

Interviewed on-site in Oregon a couple weeks later. The interview was four one-hour sessions with a two-hour lunch break with company employees. One session was a presentation on my thesis research, the others were Q&A with 1-2 employees each (last one was with the hiring manager). Everyone I interacted with was very friendly and asked a mix of technical and behavioral questions, most of which are covered in other reviews on this site. Lot of emphasis on conflict resolution and troubleshooting/repairing equipment. Be prepared to ask them questions, especially during the lunch. I thought I did well and would've been happy to work there, but was informed the next business day that I would not be receiving an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you disagreed with your boss.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in July 2017.

Interview

First I got a phone interview with the hiring manager, he asked lots of questions related to CMOS devices and logic. The next day I got an onsite interview in Portland, OR. There I had a personal interview with 8 engineers and 2 hiring managers. The questions were focused on problem solving and basic CMOS theory. Also there was 1 hours presentation about the PhD research and I received lots of interesting questions. After 1 month from the interview, I followed-up with the hiring manager and he informed I was not selected for further consideration.

Interview Questions

• How to properly scale the PMOS and NMOS transistors in a SR-cell   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Interview

2 phone screening interview with onsite after that, talked with 8 persons 1 hr for each
    1 hr presentation. lots of behavior question. talk about your research and how much you know about the skill required.