Intel Corporation Process Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Process Engineer

Intel Corporation Process Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Intel Corporation

Process Engineer Interview

Interview

Due to covid pandemic, interview was online. First interview was phone screening for about 30 min. In the second step, 45 min presentation on the PhD thesis was followed by an hour of questions which included one-on-one interview by a group leader.

Interview Questions

• Did you ever have conflict with someone you worked with? How did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Process Engineer Interview

Interview

Interview was full day. Gave a 1 hr presentation, went for a tour and then had lunch. Interviewed with other engineers afterwards. Was a mixed bag of technical and behavioral questions.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Interview was good and straightforward. Interviewers were friendly. Started with basic questions and then moved into more depth in technical aspects. Good mix of technical and behavioral questions. Round one was phone interview, round two was video.

Anonymous Employee in Rio Rancho, NM

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Rio Rancho, NM) in October 2020.

Interview

A current employee referred my resume in the Intel system. 2 days later, I got an email from a hiring manager, who wanted to schedule a phone interview with me. The phone interview was scheduled for that same week. After the phone interview, he went ahead to schedule an onsite/virtual interview for the same day. I was interviewed by a total of 6 people. A week later, a Talent Advisor contacted me about an offer. I received a formal offer letter 2 days after.

Interview Questions

• About 60% behavioral questions and 40% technical questions

Tell me about yourself.
      Talk about your research.
      Why do you want to work for Intel?
      What is the difference between doing research in Academia and Industry?
      How can you effectively communicate a message to your teammate if you are working from home?
      Questions about the conflict in the workplace were also asked.

How do you troubleshoot the equipment that you used before?
      Most of the technical questions were asked about my work experience.

If you are able to defend what you have on your resume and present your body of work fluently, you should be fine.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Interview

Intense onsite process Not so much focused on the technical questions but more about how much you are interested in this job or you are comfortable with the on-call system.

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

I applied for the job online in the company website. I received an email within a week from the hiring manager. A 30 minute phone interview was scheduled after few days.

Interview Questions

• Questions were regarding resume and technical background.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in February 2020.

Interview

Submitted my resume through an internal referral. Two weeks later I received an email to set up for a phone interview. One week later, I made the phone interview, and the next day I was asked for an onsite interview. Two weeks later, I made the onsite interview and was asked for a background check a few days later. After a week, I was informed by HR with an offer (verbal and written).

The questions that were asked focused on 'teamwork' and 'conflict management'. Some technical questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to build a shape out of magnetic beads. Then, 'communicate' with the interviewer so that the interviewer can build the same thing without seeing what was built by me.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Chandler, AZ) in November 2019.

Interview

There were several hiring managers interviewing each of the candidates from several different job roles. My guess was they were looking at candidates for several different jobs besides the one I was interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• There are 3 light switches in a room which correspond to a different light bulb. You can only enter the room once and each light switch goes to only one light bulb. How would you find which light switch goes to each light bulb.   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Interview

I didn't even have a phone interview. Got asked to fly out for onsite where there were like 40 other interviewees. This was in prep for a major ramp so they were hiring a lot of engineers Be ready for whiteboard technical questions from key subject matter related to your degree.

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR).

Interview

I was initially contacted by a group manager who had seen my resume and found my skills desirable. Following this, a phone interview was conducted wherein the details of the job were spelled out, my resume was dissected, and technical questions pertaining to the prerequisites of the job were asked. Two weeks passed before I was invited to an onsite interview with a panel of managers.

The onsite interview took eight hours, wherein I had one-on-ones with six managers, did a presentation of my thesis work to all, and had lunch with two employees of the same position. The interviewers prior to my presentation/lunch asked technical questions pertaining the skills I listed on my resume, while the interviewers after lunch asked a mixture of behavioral, problem-solving, and presentation-based questions.

The presentation, (which was about my research), was informal, with several questions asked as it went along; it took around 45 minutes. Lunch was very casual, with discussions ranging from work-life balance and non-work related things. Upon wrapping up, I was told it would take about 4-6 weeks for a decision to be made. By week 4, I was offered the position, at which point a background check was performed and subsequently passed.

Overall, the interview was a mixed experience. There were times when it was incredibly stressful and times when it was surprisingly pleasant, a feature that was likely by design.

General Advice:
    - Be able to defend and answer questions about the claims made on your resume, this will be a primary source of ammunition for your panel
    - Be ready for curveballs. The intent for a lot of the questioning is to catch you off guard and to assess how you think on your feet. Always try to answer their question, but know when to admit defeat when you don't know something.
    - Practice your presentation, definitely don't make it too long; it's better to be short than overly long, this communicates that you can summarize information well, and your panel members (who are taking time out of their day) will appreciate not being kept over the allotted time.
    - Have references that will be able to speak at length on your strengths; I believe this was a crucial factor in the decision to hire.
    - Bring your A game.

Interview Questions

• Why should you work for Intel?   1 Answer