Intel Corporation Process Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intel Corporation Process Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2017

Process Engineer Interview

Interview

2 phone screening interview with onsite after that, talked with 8 persons 1 hr for each
1 hr presentation. lots of behavior question. talk about your research and how much you know about the skill required.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

We had an R&D lead from the Dry Etch team in Hillsboro, OR visit our campus and take walk-in interviews after his presentation. That went well, and I was called for an on-site interview when I followed up with them 3-4 weeks later (They had asked me to follow up with them if I didn't hear back in that much time).

I was given a detailed description of what to expect for the interview process. I was to give a 45-minute presentation of my Master's thesis work to a group of employees there. That would be followed by 4 rounds of interview - one technical, one HR, one lunch and one engineering manager.

The day started off poorly, the employee who was to pick me up to take me to the presentation room was some 20 minutes late, and for some reason my laptop wouldn't connect to their projector, delaying my start even further. I'd lost track of time by then and wasn't told how long I should finally present for. I was apparently going a bit slowly since one of the people in the audience asked me to speed up, at one point. One of them also slept for quite a good portion of the presentation, which was very distracting but I tried to go on, ignoring him. But for the time issue, I was able to present my work reasonably well and answer their questions as well. Thought it could've been better overall, but I felt I did a decent job given the unplanned time limitation.

After that, I had the two main rounds of interview. Each of them asked me both technical and behavioral questions, but each focusing on one kind mainly. All questions in these two rounds were directly from my resume, technical questions from specific research projects, and behavioral questions giving general situations I would've faced in these and how I would've responded, etc.

The lunch was more of a casual discussion than an interview, it lasted for quite a while and went on very well. The final round was much shorter than the other two, and was also less of an interview than it was an exchange of organizational expectations and the candidate's goals, covering whatever all the previous people had missed out on.

All of these interview rounds went pretty well for me, I couldn't possibly have done any better, and I felt I must've come off as pretty impressive. I was rejected after 5 days, and unfortunately, they don't provide any interview feedback. I am guessing probably the presentation wasn't good enough, as I can't think of any other place where I was lacking.

Interview Questions

• All technical questions were from my previous experiences - they would have my resume in their hand while talking. Behavioral questions were mostly standard, nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

submitted my resume to the campus recruiter. Had an on campus interview the next day. We discussed my work, my problem solving skills and research highlights according to my resume. Received a phone interview about 2-3 weeks later. Phone interview was very short and relatively easy. talked about my problem solving skills

Interview Questions

• name a time in your research when you had a problem and how did you figure it out.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in April 2017.

Interview

I gave me CV to a college recruiter. He called me 3 weeks later and did a phone interview and then invited me to an on-site interview in Portland. The interview was a week later and the company paid for all my travel expenses. Now it has been 2 weeks since the interview and i still haven't heard back. Many people has indicated that they received the rejection after 5 days and people who got an offer they heard back after almost a month.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a conflict you had at work   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in March 2017.

Interview

Submitted resume at my school at an Info session.
    Got email couple of months later for telephone interview.
    At the end of the telephone interview, was invited onsite.
    After 4 weeks of onsite, heard from Manager that I have the job.
    2 more weeks later, got the offer.

Interview Questions

• Problem solving ability
      Sell your project (advertise it) in one minute
      Give examples of when you had to work late and why. Could you not have done it during regular work hours etc...

Very friendly people onsite..
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in February 2017.

Interview

I went to an Intel info section at school and had and 1 on 1 campus interview. Then, the manager emailed me and we did a phone interview two months later. I was invited for an on site interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience when you disagree with your manager, and how do you resolve it?   Answer Question
    • A deadline is due and you know you will miss it, how do you negotiate for an extension or what did you do?   Answer Question
    • Describe an experience when you changed someone's behavior.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • Show me your seminar slides and describe your project in 10 minutes.   Answer Question

Job duty is dull, and locks in for ten years to be an expert in one thing. Also concern of layoff and unable to deliver for the high expectations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR).

Interview

The whole interview took 1-2 month before they finally reach me at phone call screen. After this, it was a 1 day long onsite interview with group of scientists and engineers for discussion.

Interview Questions

• How are you gonna contribute to Intel/our group?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Chandler, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

After you submit your application, you will receive a phone call. The purpose of the phone call is to gauge your background and ask your light technical questions regarding your background and interests. If you pass your phone screening you be invited on-site. I was being interviewed for two positions so I had a total of 11 interviewers.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why does the window fog up in the bathroom when I take a hot shower and what can i apply to the mirror to prevent it from happening?
      2. How do I prevent the substrate from bowing because it is causing misaligned issues with another process?
      3. How do I measure the melting of solder between two copper plates if I can not see it? Design an experiment and draw a graph of the behavior you should see.
      Answer Question

I decided to accept another offer instead, it was a better "fit" for me.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

Had a 30min phone interview followed by an on-site interview in Phoenix, AZ. The on-site interview consisted of a company and benefits overview followed by two interview sessions with team leaders and process engineers. Lunch was served before the two interview sessions began. Finally, I had to give a presentation of my research in front of several managers, team leaders, process engineers and technicians. The day ended with a happy hour/dinner with some of the managers and engineers.

Interview Questions

• Statistical questions, i.e., mean, standard deviation, normal distribution, etc. Also, questions about my research and instruments I have experience handling, e.g., physical vapor deposition, CVD, sputtering, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Chandler, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

I got onsite call directly after 20 days of online application. Had grilling interview sessions with 4 one-on-one members from different teams. I was asked mostly behavioral questions and equipment troubleshooting experience.

Interview Questions

• Any experience regarding troubleshooting/maintenance of equipment?   Answer Question