Intel Corporation Process Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intel Corporation Process Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 7, 2017

254 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rio Rancho, NM

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Rio Rancho, NM) in May 2017.

Interview

Interviewers were welcoming and friendly. There were two interviews on-site separated by lunch on-site with HR rep. Each interview was approximately 1 hour and was conducted by a pair of engineering managers.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Phone screening with hiring manager, followed by onsite interview. Back to back 1:1 interviews with 1 hour presentation in between and 2 hour lunch break with Intel employees. Mixed of technical questions on PhD research and situational question.

Interview Questions

• Go over resume, Explain a time in grad school where you encountered technical challenge   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview:
    Got a phone interview with a manager two days after I submitted my application. The interview was technical/behavior related, pretty straight forward. Be ready for the questions about trouble-shooting skills and equipment you have handled during graduate school. At the end of the call, I was invited for an on-site interview which was scheduled two weeks after the phone call.

Onsite interview:
    Like everyone mentioned here, it was a all day process (8:30am-4:30pm). It started with the manager who did the phone interview with me. He quickly ran down the schedule for the day and talked more about the responsibilities and expectations (on-call duty) of the job. The following interview includes an 1-hour thesis presentation, 2-hour lunch, and 6 one-hour sessions with different managers. They really focused on trouble-shooting skill, handling equipment and conflict. During the 2- hour lunch, it was really a great opportunity for you to ask questions about the job, intel, work-life balance. Everyone I talked to was very nice, they made sure I felt comfortable and asked if I needed water or need to go to bathroom multiple times.

At the end of the day, I was told I would hear back with results between 4-6 weeks. At the end of 5th week, I got email asking for background check information and visa status. After 7 weeks, I got the phone call to discuss about the offer, and the offer next day. I did not negotiate because the offer itself is very competitive.

I had multiple recruiters reached out to me for the offer which is a bit confusing. Just want to put it out here that you might expect to be contacted by different recruiters during the process for the same position.

Overall, it was a great experience. I felt comfortable and relax during the interview. Everyone who interviewed me seems happy to work there. I also saw people in the hall way and they all looked satisfied.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you did not agree with your adviser, and how you convinced him/her to go with your idea?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in November 2016.

Interview

Very standard interview process, but much slower. The interview consisted of a phone interview with (I believe) an experienced employee who was in the department I was interviewing for. This followed by a full day on site interview. Very standard but it took a number of weeks between the phone interview and on site interview and then more than a month after that before the offer

Interview Questions

• What is one technique you are very comfortable with? Now, how does that work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in April 2017.

Interview

The entire process took about 2 months. I met the recruiter at NSBE 2017 conference and the next day got an interview with one of the hiring manager. The following week I heard from the same manager for an onsite interview. In two weeks I visited Intel Portland OR campus.

1. Started from 8 am with meeting the same manager who interviewed me at the conference.
    2. There was an hour long presentation Ph.D. research. There were some interesting questions but basics. Most of the audience of the presentation was same who are going to take my one on one interview.
    3. After the presentation, there were 5 one -on- one interview with Managers and area managers. Overall it was very casual talking and asking about conflict managements etc. some technical questions. One interviewer did her Ph.D. somewhat similar to what I did and she went nuts asking questions but I did calm her down!!! phew....
    4. There was a two-hour lunch with process engineers. Best time to learn as much as you can about the Intel, work culture, work life balance etc.
    5. After onsite, I waited 4 weeks but haven't heard back. So, I emailed the manager who invited me for onsite. He replied saying to give them 2-4 more weeks. Eventually, after 7 weeks I got email and phone call discussing the offer and later same day the offer.
    6. Overall, it's definitely a long process. Just be patient and keep applying until you hear back from them. If you did well, you will definitely hear back!

Interview Questions

• Technical from the Ph.D. presentation and Behavioural:
       One Interviewer seemed very interested in nanoscale heat transfer in porous media (something he did in his Ph.D. too). That's the only 1 hour of technical questions   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Formal and very professional. Intel takes care of dedicating time from their managers (very busy people) to talk to you and ask you questions directly as a panel. They also meet with you in person using a 1:1 format to discuss different areas of specialty.

Interview Questions

• Physics questions, technical questions, team management questions   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Interview

2 phone screening interview with onsite after that, talked with 8 persons 1 hr for each
    1 hr presentation. lots of behavior question. talk about your research and how much you know about the skill required.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Chandler, AZ) in February 2017.

Interview

I got onsite call directly after 20 days of online application. Had grilling interview sessions with 4 one-on-one members from different teams. I was asked mostly behavioral questions and equipment troubleshooting experience.

Interview Questions

• Any experience regarding troubleshooting/maintenance of equipment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ocotillo, Maricopa, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Ocotillo, Maricopa, AZ) in January 2013.

Interview

1. Phone screen
    2. Phone interview
    3. On-site interview
    4. Final offer and acceptance
    Overall, process was fair and went smoothly. All of the interviewers were professional and very knowledgeable about their roles.

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in March 2017.

Interview

Submitted resume at my school at an Info session.
    Got email couple of months later for telephone interview.
    At the end of the telephone interview, was invited onsite.
    After 4 weeks of onsite, heard from Manager that I have the job.
    2 more weeks later, got the offer.

Interview Questions

• Problem solving ability
      Sell your project (advertise it) in one minute
      Give examples of when you had to work late and why. Could you not have done it during regular work hours etc...

Very friendly people onsite..   Answer Question