Intel Corporation Process Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intel Corporation Process Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in October 2015.

Interview

Several interviews throughout the day. First interviewer basically described Intel's workflow process, what the particular job type is you're interviewing for, etc. Two or more interviews are from group leaders, one of which will tell you the workload that is expected of you. The other is a typical interview asking about you, your Ph.D. work and life aspirations. You have to give an hour long presentation on your current thesis research. Lunch is very long, and is just to get to know some of the employees and their lives.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR).

Interview

On-site interview lasting 8 hours including lunch interview and 1-hour thesis presentation. One-on-one interviews with engineers and group leaders lasting 45 minutes. Everyone was very pleasant and all interviews contained technical and behavioral questions and discussion. Several engineers tested engineering chops asking for process descriptions, technical instrumentation questions, and diagrams. Overall a long but very stimulating interview day.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you disagreed with your manager and how you resolved the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in September 2015.

Interview

Met with recruiter during college campus fair. Interview was about an hour long and was mostly technical with a few behavioral. Was then invited to interview on-site at Hillsboro, OR shortly afterwards.

On-site interview was an all-day event starting with a 45 minute presentation of my research, followed by 15 minutes of questions. Afterwards, had two back-to-back 1 hour interviews that were 50/50 behavioral and technical, followed by lunch and a tour of the fab. Closing interview was an hour long and mostly technical. All technical questions were focused on research, mostly on process description, instrumentation questions, and thought process. Behavioral questions were relatively standard. The interviewers made sure that you understood what the expectations were and the culture at Intel.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone interview and then on site interview. 4 rounds, hiring manager was there through out. Difficult job profile. Keeps you on your toes all days of the week. expected to work 24x7.
    interview process was very easy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online for the position of Process Engineer at Portland, Oregon. One of the managers called me to set up a phone interview and gave me a few time slots he was available. I chose the earliest one. The phone interview lasted about an hour and was fairly detailed. I was questioned on everything I had put on my resume along with some behavior-based questions.

Interview Questions

• What has been the most exciting part of your research so far?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Troy, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Interview was at an on-campus recruiting event. It was casual with most of the focus on my PhD thesis. They asked some technical questions about design of experiment and troubleshooting semiconductor fabrication tools. They were very honest about the demands that a manufacturing position would entail. They also mentioned other possible positions not in manufacturing that would offer more of a work-life balance.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Boulder, CO) in September 2015.

Interview

Met a recruiter on my college campus at career fair and was called back the next day for 1:1 interview. Talked a lot about my research and went through my resume followed by some standard HR behavioral questions. Very good experience overall. This company is very big on the idea of 'ownership' and also asked a lot of questions about dealing with conflict in the workplace.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with your advisor? Tell me about a time an instrument broke and how you fixed it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in September 2015.

Interview

Got selected for onsite interview through university recruitment process. Onsite interview was whole day interview process with group presentation, one to one, one to two with technical and behavioral questions focused mainly on PhD topics.

Interview Questions

• Did you ever have a conflict with your supervisor/teammates?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

1st round on campus interview, about 40min long, questions mainly about the resume and some behavior questions as well, pretty standard, said would follow up in two weeks, but nothing happened in two months.

Interview Questions

• describe one conflict you had in your research? how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in August 2015.

Interview

Had initial interview after informational session on campus. Invited to onsite interview. Onsite interview runs from 9-3/3:30PM, with a thesis presentation, technical interview, team interview (behavior questions), team leaders and manager one-on-one interviews. General interview questions, technical questions about your research/field that were not too hard to answer if you know your material. Just a note, they tend to hire straight from undergrad or graduate school.

Interview Questions

• What kind of work do you see yourself working on? Describe a time where you had conflict with someone and how did you resolve it. (e.g. Boss, coworker, collaborator)   Answer Question