Intel Corporation Process Engineer Interview Questions in Oregon | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.9

115 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in April 2017.

Interview

The entire process took about 2 months. I met the recruiter at NSBE 2017 conference and the next day got an interview with one of the hiring manager. The following week I heard from the same manager for an onsite interview. In two weeks I visited Intel Portland OR campus.

1. Started from 8 am with meeting the same manager who interviewed me at the conference.
2. There was an hour long presentation Ph.D. research. There were some interesting questions but basics. Most of the audience of the presentation was same who are going to take my one on one interview.
3. After the presentation, there were 5 one -on- one interview with Managers and area managers. Overall it was very casual talking and asking about conflict managements etc. some technical questions. One interviewer did her Ph.D. somewhat similar to what I did and she went nuts asking questions but I did calm her down!!! phew....
4. There was a two-hour lunch with process engineers. Best time to learn as much as you can about the Intel, work culture, work life balance etc.
5. After onsite, I waited 4 weeks but haven't heard back. So, I emailed the manager who invited me for onsite. He replied saying to give them 2-4 more weeks. Eventually, after 7 weeks I got email and phone call discussing the offer and later same day the offer.
6. Overall, it's definitely a long process. Just be patient and keep applying until you hear back from them. If you did well, you will definitely hear back!

Interview Questions

• Technical from the Ph.D. presentation and Behavioural:
     One Interviewer seemed very interested in nanoscale heat transfer in porous media (something he did in his Ph.D. too). That's the only 1 hour of technical questions   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in April 2017.

Interview

I gave me CV to a college recruiter. He called me 3 weeks later and did a phone interview and then invited me to an on-site interview in Portland. The interview was a week later and the company paid for all my travel expenses. Now it has been 2 weeks since the interview and i still haven't heard back. Many people has indicated that they received the rejection after 5 days and people who got an offer they heard back after almost a month.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a conflict you had at work   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview:
    Got a phone interview with a manager two days after I submitted my application. The interview was technical/behavior related, pretty straight forward. Be ready for the questions about trouble-shooting skills and equipment you have handled during graduate school. At the end of the call, I was invited for an on-site interview which was scheduled two weeks after the phone call.

Onsite interview:
    Like everyone mentioned here, it was a all day process (8:30am-4:30pm). It started with the manager who did the phone interview with me. He quickly ran down the schedule for the day and talked more about the responsibilities and expectations (on-call duty) of the job. The following interview includes an 1-hour thesis presentation, 2-hour lunch, and 6 one-hour sessions with different managers. They really focused on trouble-shooting skill, handling equipment and conflict. During the 2- hour lunch, it was really a great opportunity for you to ask questions about the job, intel, work-life balance. Everyone I talked to was very nice, they made sure I felt comfortable and asked if I needed water or need to go to bathroom multiple times.

At the end of the day, I was told I would hear back with results between 4-6 weeks. At the end of 5th week, I got email asking for background check information and visa status. After 7 weeks, I got the phone call to discuss about the offer, and the offer next day. I did not negotiate because the offer itself is very competitive.

I had multiple recruiters reached out to me for the offer which is a bit confusing. Just want to put it out here that you might expect to be contacted by different recruiters during the process for the same position.

Overall, it was a great experience. I felt comfortable and relax during the interview. Everyone who interviewed me seems happy to work there. I also saw people in the hall way and they all looked satisfied.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you did not agree with your adviser, and how you convinced him/her to go with your idea?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in March 2017.

Interview

Submitted resume at my school at an Info session.
    Got email couple of months later for telephone interview.
    At the end of the telephone interview, was invited onsite.
    After 4 weeks of onsite, heard from Manager that I have the job.
    2 more weeks later, got the offer.

Interview Questions

• Problem solving ability
      Sell your project (advertise it) in one minute
      Give examples of when you had to work late and why. Could you not have done it during regular work hours etc...

Very friendly people onsite..   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in February 2017.

Interview

I went to an Intel info section at school and had and 1 on 1 campus interview. Then, the manager emailed me and we did a phone interview two months later. I was invited for an on site interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience when you disagree with your manager, and how do you resolve it?   Answer Question
    • A deadline is due and you know you will miss it, how do you negotiate for an extension or what did you do?   Answer Question
    • Describe an experience when you changed someone's behavior.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • Show me your seminar slides and describe your project in 10 minutes.   Answer Question

Job duty is dull, and locks in for ten years to be an expert in one thing. Also concern of layoff and unable to deliver for the high expectations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR).

Interview

The whole interview took 1-2 month before they finally reach me at phone call screen. After this, it was a 1 day long onsite interview with group of scientists and engineers for discussion.

Interview Questions

• How are you gonna contribute to Intel/our group?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in November 2016.

Interview

Very standard interview process, but much slower. The interview consisted of a phone interview with (I believe) an experienced employee who was in the department I was interviewing for. This followed by a full day on site interview. Very standard but it took a number of weeks between the phone interview and on site interview and then more than a month after that before the offer

Interview Questions

• What is one technique you are very comfortable with? Now, how does that work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone interview: 30 minutes, questions about PhD research.

Onsite interview: Onsite interview was scheduled one month after the phone interview. Asked to report at 9:15 am. First, hiring manager who did the phone screening described the duties and responsibilities of a process engineer and briefly talked about Intel. Then, one hour long one-on-one interview with a group leader. He asked questions mostly about PhD research (similar to phone interview but more detailed). Next, one hour presentation on PhD research in front of two junior engineers. They asked only basic questions since their research background were different than mine and they took me to lunch afterwards. After lunch, another one hour long one-on-one interviews with a different group leader, questions asked were very similar to the first one. Interview with an area manager was scheduled but was canceled for unknown reason.

Offer: One week after the onsite, received an email from fadv regarding information for background check and official offer letter came 25 days after onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Tell me about your research.
      Most difficult project, where and why did you struggle, how did you overcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in August 2016.

Interview

Thesis presentation followed by technical, behavioral and area manager interview. Had Fab tour and lunch with employees in between where you can ask questions. I was asked resume based questions.

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in April 2016.

Interview

The process began with my resume submission, which was followed up within 24 hours with a 1 hour phone interview. Heard immediately they were interested in on-site interview (Hillsboro, OR). Scheduled for interview within 3 weeks. Interview included: 45 minute seminar presentation, technical interview, behavioral interview, lunch with employees, lab tour, and area manager interview.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview: Wanted clarity of explanation over the phone w.r.t. dissertation research. Wanted general understanding of my problem solving method. Also wanted to know about experience instrumental troubleshooting. Asked basic behavioral questions (conflict resolution, working in a team vs working alone, etc).

On-site interview: Same types of questions but more time...each interview was an hour. During the presentation they asked questions about why certain decisions were made. Generally looking for depth of knowledge and well thought-out research method. Behavioral was more geared to work ethic w.r.t. leadership, teamwork, solo work, initiative, etc. Area Manager interview was a summary of both technical and behavioral. Seemed like a test to see how concisely and directly I could answer questions.

"WHY INTEL?" was my last question.   Answer Question