Intel Corporation Process TD Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intel Corporation Process TD Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Intel Corporation

2.8

Process TD Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Met the recruiter and applied on career fair. Got a one-on-one meeting invitation the next day for 30 mins. Got on-site interview invitation after a month. The process is not slow.

Interview Questions

• 1) Tell me about one of the conflict experience
    2) Describe the most difficult thing you have done before.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Albuquerque, NM) in November 2019.

Interview

I sent my resume in conference to the director and also got a face-to-face interview. After a few days, I got the email from HR for onsite interview. There were 10 interviewers, most of they were in a same group. a few questions were a bit hard, so it took me a few minutes to answer it. Many questions were behavior questions. One manager like his group members are able to deal with the projects without communication with him.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in September 2019.

Interview

Interview process took 1 month. Phone interview for 40 minutes. Got reply back in a week inviting for an onsite interview. 12 people interviewed me for 30 minutes each and in between I have to present my research for about 60 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How do you trouble shoot when the product coming out of your tool is not meeting the spec and your tool is being blamed?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in May 2019.

Interview

Was referred by a friend in February, got an email for a phone interview in April which I did three days later (a Friday). Phone interview consisted of the following questions: background questions, explain your research, explain the equipment you used, explain a time something didn't work and what did you do to overcome it, tell me about a time you convinced your adviser about something, why do you want to work for Intel, did you ever modify a piece of equipment, and then was asked if I had any questions. I was told to always have questions on hand. I asked how they handled stress, their background, and how they liked the area. Phone interview lasted about an hour (which is what you should aim for to show you are interested in the position). I was told to wait a week for a decision, but was told 3 days later (Monday) that they would like to schedule an onsite interview 3 weeks later in early May. A company helps facilitate flights and hotel and they also mail a per diem card that you can use for meals while on the trip. About a weeks before the onsite I was emailed the agenda for the day and was asked to provide an abstract for the presentation on you are expected during an hour time slot.

The onsite started at 7:50 am where I met with 15 different people, 12 of them interviewed me during a 1-1 session for 30 minutes, 3 of them took me out to lunch (which is still an interview!). Interviewers had a copy of the resume I gave to my friend for the referral and they asked me similar questions to the phone interview and also asked that I summarize my research. Alot of interviewers were genuinely curious to hear what I worked on and most were extremely nice. I did get the feeling that most were very tired and they each warned me about the amount of work the job entails. Some interviewers only asked 2-3 questions before they asked me if I had any questions for them so be prepared to ask a ton of questions to ensure you can keep the conversation going for the whole 30 minutes. My background is in ChemE but not semiconductor manufacturing which was no issue. The only ChemE technical questions that were asked were very easy that were related to my research so I knew it very well. Some interviewers were more critical in regards to my research and responses. I was told by my friend that sometimes they ask interviewers to be critical to see how the candidate responds to stress and criticism.The onsite ends with a facility. By then I was very tired but it was important to stay engaged. I was then escorted to the front door where I asked what the timeline would be for hearing back. The hiring manger responded to email him if I had not heard back within 2-3 weeks. I followed up after 3 weeks and was told they are still working on a decision. Received a call a month and 3 days later from the onsite saying they will be extending an offer. The next day I got the official email.

Interview Questions

• explain your research   2 Answers
    • explain the equipment you used   2 Answers
    • explain a time something didn't work and what did you do to overcome it   1 Answer
    • tell me about a time you convinced your adviser about something   Answer Question
    • why do you want to work for Intel?   Answer Question
    • did you ever modify a piece of equipment?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any questions?   Answer Question

Process TD Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

I handed in my resume in on-campus recruiting session. After a month, I received an email from the hiring manager and scheduled a phone interview shortly. The phone interview is mostly about my PhD experience/projects. Then I got invited to an onsite interview. It's all day long interview. I started my day with 1hr presentation, and had 7 one-on-one interview sessions, 30min each

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in March 2019.

Interview

The interview consisted of a one day visit which started by meeting briefly with hiring manager. Following a presentation of my research to a small group, I met with individuals from the module, eventually meeting with the group manager at the end of the day.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you have dealt with conflict in the workplace including how you handled it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied through a campus recruiter in March 2017. The next day I received an email asking for a phone interview. The phone call lasted ~15 minutes. Half of it involved the Intel engineer telling me about the company. I was asked only one interview question: to describe one piece of equipment I have worked with. I went into as much detail as I could and was actually cut off by the interviewer for giving him more information than he needed.

At the end of the call I was told that I would hear back after 2-3 weeks. However, the next day I received an email inviting me to an in person interview at the Hillsboro, OR site. The interview was scheduled for 2 months later in May 2017.

The in person interview lasted all day (7:30 am to 5:30 pm) and included a fab window tour, 45 minute seminar of my PhD research, lunch, and 11 one-on-one 30 minute interviews with various engineers, group leaders, and an area manager. The one-on-one interviews were more so casual conversations, but some common questions to me included explaining my research (slide printouts from my seminar greatly helped!!), why do I want to leave my current field, why do I want to work at Intel, how do I troubleshoot malfunctioning equipment, how do I deal with conflicts, how do I deal with stress/pressure. At the end of the day, I was told I would hear back in 2-4 weeks with the results. After 4 weeks, I received an offer of employment.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to leave my current research field to work at Intel?   1 Answer

Process TD Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2017.

Interview

All behavioral questions, the interviewer was clearly just picking them out of a hand book with no regard for previous answers given. In addition the interviewer made the comment that the turnover rate is extremely high, giving the interview a very negative tone.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you disagreed with your team, but went along with the decision anyway.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in March 2017.

Interview

Email from Intel forwarded to our department students, requested resumes of Ph.D. candidates/recent graduates. Applied in response to that via email and the hiring manager replied the very next day to schedule a phone interview the a couple of days later. The phone interview was for about 30-45 min and the manager initially explained the role and the responsibilities, most of which required hands-on experimental skills and a good aptitude to learn. Semiconductor processing experience was not necessary and the questions were mostly related to my major (Chemical Engineering) and about the different tools, techniques and experimental methods I had utilized in my research. I spoke about my work being almost entirely experimental and involving less than 5% modelling/simulation. The hiring manager reviewed my resume over phone and kept asking questions to understand my background and experience. They were also particular about scientific stature and the number/quality of publications during graduate research and also asked for my GPA at all levels. A couple of fundamental chemical engineering questions involving fluid mechanics, reaction engineering, heat and mass transfer were also asked during the phone interview just to test the basics. A few days later, I was invited by the hiring manager for the on-site interview which was schedule a month and a half after the phone screen. Three weeks before the on-site interview, Intel's travel agent (American Express Global Business Travel) contacted to arrange the travel plan - hotel, flight and car. The on-site interview started at 7:30 am and lasted almost the entire day. After the first interview for an hour with the hiring manager, I presented my Ph.D. dissertation research to a group of engineers. Questions during my presentation were very interesting and the presentation went well, where I focused more on the experimental systems that I have built, troubleshooted and modified before briefly talking about my results and findings. After the presentation, I had seven one-on-one interviews (each of which was about 45 min - 1 hr long). I was ready with a printed copy of my slides (Thanks Glassdoor!!!), so that I could give a 5 min overview of my presentation to the interviewers who couldn't make it to my talk. The interviews were with various team members (engineers, group leaders, managers, hr) and in each interview, I had to start from scratch and go over my background, research and experience. Some of the interviews were purely technical, focusing on chemical engineering fundamentals while some of them were behavioral questions. The most difficult part of the interview for me was just the length! It is exhausting and tough to show the same energy and enthusiasm in each interview throughout the day. I was told by my friends who work at Intel that if you don't get a rejection within a few days after the interview, you're most likely to get an offer. I waited for about a month and then got the offer letter from Intel. Overall, it was a challenging but very rewarding experience.

Interview Questions

• Your research is not related to the job you are interviewing for. Why are you not pursuing further research in your area of interest and why do you want to work for Intel ?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in March 2017.

Interview

The entire process took about 2 months. A manager called me for phone interview following which on site interview was set up. First I had to give a thesis presentation that was followed by 4 rounds of one on one interviews.The questions were based on my research and projects. Overall, it was a comfortable interview. My advise would be to prepare a lot of questions for them and show genuine interest in the position.

Interview Questions

• Most of the interview was a conversation where I was trying to explain my projects. The key is to always tell the challenges you faced and how you overcame them. You may not do the same kind of research in the job but they are looking for good problem solvers, so always present yourself as a problem solver. Also, ask a lot of questions about the company.   Answer Question