Intel Corporation Process TD Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intel Corporation Process TD Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 23, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in March 2017.

Interview

Email from Intel forwarded to our department students, requested resumes of Ph.D. candidates/recent graduates. Applied in response to that via email and the hiring manager replied the very next day to schedule a phone interview the a couple of days later. The phone interview was for about 30-45 min and the manager initially explained the role and the responsibilities, most of which required hands-on experimental skills and a good aptitude to learn. Semiconductor processing experience was not necessary and the questions were mostly related to my major (Chemical Engineering) and about the different tools, techniques and experimental methods I had utilized in my research. I spoke about my work being almost entirely experimental and involving less than 5% modelling/simulation. The hiring manager reviewed my resume over phone and kept asking questions to understand my background and experience. They were also particular about scientific stature and the number/quality of publications during graduate research and also asked for my GPA at all levels. A couple of fundamental chemical engineering questions involving fluid mechanics, reaction engineering, heat and mass transfer were also asked during the phone interview just to test the basics. A few days later, I was invited by the hiring manager for the on-site interview which was schedule a month and a half after the phone screen. Three weeks before the on-site interview, Intel's travel agent (American Express Global Business Travel) contacted to arrange the travel plan - hotel, flight and car. The on-site interview started at 7:30 am and lasted almost the entire day. After the first interview for an hour with the hiring manager, I presented my Ph.D. dissertation research to a group of engineers. Questions during my presentation were very interesting and the presentation went well, where I focused more on the experimental systems that I have built, troubleshooted and modified before briefly talking about my results and findings. After the presentation, I had seven one-on-one interviews (each of which was about 45 min - 1 hr long). I was ready with a printed copy of my slides (Thanks Glassdoor!!!), so that I could give a 5 min overview of my presentation to the interviewers who couldn't make it to my talk. The interviews were with various team members (engineers, group leaders, managers, hr) and in each interview, I had to start from scratch and go over my background, research and experience. Some of the interviews were purely technical, focusing on chemical engineering fundamentals while some of them were behavioral questions. The most difficult part of the interview for me was just the length! It is exhausting and tough to show the same energy and enthusiasm in each interview throughout the day. I was told by my friends who work at Intel that if you don't get a rejection within a few days after the interview, you're most likely to get an offer. I waited for about a month and then got the offer letter from Intel. Overall, it was a challenging but very rewarding experience.

Interview Questions

• Your research is not related to the job you are interviewing for. Why are you not pursuing further research in your area of interest and why do you want to work for Intel ?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in March 2017.

Interview

The entire process took about 2 months. A manager called me for phone interview following which on site interview was set up. First I had to give a thesis presentation that was followed by 4 rounds of one on one interviews.The questions were based on my research and projects. Overall, it was a comfortable interview. My advise would be to prepare a lot of questions for them and show genuine interest in the position.

Interview Questions

• Most of the interview was a conversation where I was trying to explain my projects. The key is to always tell the challenges you faced and how you overcame them. You may not do the same kind of research in the job but they are looking for good problem solvers, so always present yourself as a problem solver. Also, ask a lot of questions about the company.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR).

Interview

Phone screen -- 15 mins
    On site: interview: 1 hour presentation to a panel. later hour long 1:1 behavioral interview with 5 different people.
    Takes about a month to get an offer

Interview Questions

• One lighter rubber ball amongst the population of 8 balls. Given Roberval balance find the light weight ball in least possible attempts.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in October 2016.

Interview

1 hrs presentation. Then interview by senior manager and team leader
    8 out of 12 person from andhra pradesh (telugu) , indian state. I think they were very racist to ward the other indian state person and the white american. Really do not like the environment of that team. Intel should not allow this kind of bias nature.

Process TD Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

I was recruited after a talk at a research symposium. Met with the recruiter 1 on 1 the next day. Ten days later they flew me out to Hillsboro. The interview was easy: comprised meetings with team leaders who vaguely told you about responsibilities of the position, lunch, and a 1 hour presentation of my dissertation.

Interview Questions

• Conversation focused on two major questions: tell me about your research and tell me what tools you have built/fixed/etc in the lab (seems like they want a competent, hands-on employee)   Answer Question

Process TD Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2016.

Interview

Got through referral. Phone Interview was for 30min about resume followed by an onsite after 4 weeks gap. The onsite was from 9am-4pm. The interviews were mostly behavioural, asked from a fixed set of questions paper, the interviewers had.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online, after somedays I got an email requesting for a phone interview which I accepted immediately. Did the Phone interview sometime in December and was later invited for and on site interview at one of the campuses in Hillsboro in January. The Interview was all day, Had interviews with eight different people, it was a simple interview, they all asked similar questions, so I keep repeating my answers to them all. They were all friendly and nice, They make you fill relax and calm. I thing the experience was great.

Interview Questions

• Why did you want to work for intel   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in December 2015.

Interview

1. Resume submission and 3 minute interview at Intel Tech Talk on campus
    2. 30 minute in-person interview on university campus
    3. On-site interview (Technical interview, PhD research presentation, Behavioral interview, etc.)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2015.

Interview

went in early in the morning and was interviewed by 8 people. All of them were from the three teams under an area manager. They were super nice and friendly. Also give a 30 min presentation on one of the past projects. After that went out for lunch with some of the employees. The afternoon was the same thing and it ended around 3:30.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in October 2015.

Interview

I always kept my online portal active on Intel's career page by applying to multiple positions and updating my resume after every semester. Eventually in my final semester I received a call from a Group Leader from Intel, Hillsboro. He phone interviewed me for 30 min. He was very enthusiastic discussing about my publications, graduate projects and internship experience. He offered me an onsite interview invitation on the phone. He said the HR will contact you in a week discussing the onsite interview dates. Excellent experience with the Group Leader :)

I did not hear back from Intel for a month. Eventually, after a month, a manager (the group leader's boss) emailed me offering me to interview onsite with Intel in a week. I accepted the invitation. My interview was on a Monday and till Thursday the HR didn't email me anything about the interview schedule. After I emailed her on Friday, she replied back giving me the interview schedule and mentioning that I have to give a presentation on Monday. Also that I need to submit the abstract today itself (Friday)! This was just the start of my bad experience.....

Interview Day (Monday):
    An Engineer under the Group Leader welcomed me and another candidate. He took us to Intel's cafeteria and explained that the Group Leader was on a personal leave and hence he will walk through the interview process. Both I and the other candidate were split up for various interview rounds. There were multiple 1:1 interviews like behavioral, technical, resume based, team based etc. All these were in the cafeteria packed with people which was very disturbing but eventually you get used to it! Even during the presentation round, I had to change conference rooms because there projector was not working. Both I and the other candidate met during the lunch following which we had the fab glass window tour together and again separated for some 1:1's.

After the 8 to 3 pm interview schedule ended, I and the other candidate were giggling on our way back to the hotel. Although I was a final year MS non-thesis student, the other candidate was only in her first semester. Both of us were being interviewed for a PhD level position which was different than what was told to us during the phone interview. The interviewers kept asking us what is our research topic and we were tired telling them that we are non-thesis students. The other candidate was not even sure of what subjects she was going to take the next semester and here she was interviewing for a PhD job...funny!

I would say that there was definitely some miscommunication because even the interviewers who were scheduled to interview us didn't turn up and they had to call in some other senior engineers as per their daily meeting schedule availability. One of the interviewers also told me that you are in a better position interning in XYZ company and that you should stick there for a full-time rather than joining Intel - which I found very unprofessional! :(

Every students experience varies depending on who interviews. Besides 2 interviewers, all other interviewers were extremely sweet and very knowledgeable about their work. Unfortunately because of some miscommunication amidst the Intel staff, my experience was not really good interviewing for Intel.

PS: I did not get a chance to meet the Group Leader who phone interviewed me and neither his manager who emailed me with the onsite interview invitation. Its been more than 2 months and I still haven't heard from them.

Interview Questions

• Q. Why do you want to work with Intel?
      Q. Explain a situation when you argued with a team-mate.
      Q. What are your responsibilities as an intern at XYZ company?
      Q. How does an Ion Implanter work from inside?
      Q. What motivates you in a job?
      Q. Explain this XYZ project on your resume.
      Q. Some CMOS process flow questions.
      Q. Tool troubleshooting questions.
      Answer Question