Intel Corporation Process TD Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 13, 2017

2.9

36 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied through a campus recruiter in March 2017. The next day I received an email asking for a phone interview. The phone call lasted ~15 minutes. Half of it involved the Intel engineer telling me about the company. I was asked only one interview question: to describe one piece of equipment I have worked with. I went into as much detail as I could and was actually cut off by the interviewer for giving him more information than he needed.

At the end of the call I was told that I would hear back after 2-3 weeks. However, the next day I received an email inviting me to an in person interview at the Hillsboro, OR site. The interview was scheduled for 2 months later in May 2017.

The in person interview lasted all day (7:30 am to 5:30 pm) and included a fab window tour, 45 minute seminar of my PhD research, lunch, and 11 one-on-one 30 minute interviews with various engineers, group leaders, and an area manager. The one-on-one interviews were more so casual conversations, but some common questions to me included explaining my research (slide printouts from my seminar greatly helped!!), why do I want to leave my current field, why do I want to work at Intel, how do I troubleshoot malfunctioning equipment, how do I deal with conflicts, how do I deal with stress/pressure. At the end of the day, I was told I would hear back in 2-4 weeks with the results. After 4 weeks, I received an offer of employment.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to leave my current research field to work at Intel?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Process TD Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2017.

Interview

All behavioral questions, the interviewer was clearly just picking them out of a hand book with no regard for previous answers given. In addition the interviewer made the comment that the turnover rate is extremely high, giving the interview a very negative tone.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you disagreed with your team, but went along with the decision anyway.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in March 2017.

Interview

Email from Intel forwarded to our department students, requested resumes of Ph.D. candidates/recent graduates. Applied in response to that via email and the hiring manager replied the very next day to schedule a phone interview the a couple of days later. The phone interview was for about 30-45 min and the manager initially explained the role and the responsibilities, most of which required hands-on experimental skills and a good aptitude to learn. Semiconductor processing experience was not necessary and the questions were mostly related to my major (Chemical Engineering) and about the different tools, techniques and experimental methods I had utilized in my research. I spoke about my work being almost entirely experimental and involving less than 5% modelling/simulation. The hiring manager reviewed my resume over phone and kept asking questions to understand my background and experience. They were also particular about scientific stature and the number/quality of publications during graduate research and also asked for my GPA at all levels. A couple of fundamental chemical engineering questions involving fluid mechanics, reaction engineering, heat and mass transfer were also asked during the phone interview just to test the basics. A few days later, I was invited by the hiring manager for the on-site interview which was schedule a month and a half after the phone screen. Three weeks before the on-site interview, Intel's travel agent (American Express Global Business Travel) contacted to arrange the travel plan - hotel, flight and car. The on-site interview started at 7:30 am and lasted almost the entire day. After the first interview for an hour with the hiring manager, I presented my Ph.D. dissertation research to a group of engineers. Questions during my presentation were very interesting and the presentation went well, where I focused more on the experimental systems that I have built, troubleshooted and modified before briefly talking about my results and findings. After the presentation, I had seven one-on-one interviews (each of which was about 45 min - 1 hr long). I was ready with a printed copy of my slides (Thanks Glassdoor!!!), so that I could give a 5 min overview of my presentation to the interviewers who couldn't make it to my talk. The interviews were with various team members (engineers, group leaders, managers, hr) and in each interview, I had to start from scratch and go over my background, research and experience. Some of the interviews were purely technical, focusing on chemical engineering fundamentals while some of them were behavioral questions. The most difficult part of the interview for me was just the length! It is exhausting and tough to show the same energy and enthusiasm in each interview throughout the day. I was told by my friends who work at Intel that if you don't get a rejection within a few days after the interview, you're most likely to get an offer. I waited for about a month and then got the offer letter from Intel. Overall, it was a challenging but very rewarding experience.

Interview Questions

• Your research is not related to the job you are interviewing for. Why are you not pursuing further research in your area of interest and why do you want to work for Intel ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in March 2017.

Interview

The entire process took about 2 months. A manager called me for phone interview following which on site interview was set up. First I had to give a thesis presentation that was followed by 4 rounds of one on one interviews.The questions were based on my research and projects. Overall, it was a comfortable interview. My advise would be to prepare a lot of questions for them and show genuine interest in the position.

Interview Questions

• Most of the interview was a conversation where I was trying to explain my projects. The key is to always tell the challenges you faced and how you overcame them. You may not do the same kind of research in the job but they are looking for good problem solvers, so always present yourself as a problem solver. Also, ask a lot of questions about the company.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

One presentation on my thesis, followed by a technical interview, a behavioral interview, fab visit, and an interview with senior management. The last interview was rather repetitive, with similar questions being asked in a mechanical sort of a way. You need to have a lot of instances prepared so that you can use them for questions that could otherwise very well be answered with the same content.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you disagreed with your supervisor. How did you convince them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR).

Interview

Phone screen -- 15 mins
    On site: interview: 1 hour presentation to a panel. later hour long 1:1 behavioral interview with 5 different people.
    Takes about a month to get an offer

Interview Questions

• One lighter rubber ball amongst the population of 8 balls. Given Roberval balance find the light weight ball in least possible attempts.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in October 2016.

Interview

1 hrs presentation. Then interview by senior manager and team leader
    8 out of 12 person from andhra pradesh (telugu) , indian state. I think they were very racist to ward the other indian state person and the white american. Really do not like the environment of that team. Intel should not allow this kind of bias nature.

Process TD Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

I was recruited after a talk at a research symposium. Met with the recruiter 1 on 1 the next day. Ten days later they flew me out to Hillsboro. The interview was easy: comprised meetings with team leaders who vaguely told you about responsibilities of the position, lunch, and a 1 hour presentation of my dissertation.

Interview Questions

• Conversation focused on two major questions: tell me about your research and tell me what tools you have built/fixed/etc in the lab (seems like they want a competent, hands-on employee)   Answer Question

Process TD Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in January 2016.

Interview

Got through referral. Phone Interview was for 30min about resume followed by an onsite after 4 weeks gap. The onsite was from 9am-4pm. The interviews were mostly behavioural, asked from a fixed set of questions paper, the interviewers had.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online, after somedays I got an email requesting for a phone interview which I accepted immediately. Did the Phone interview sometime in December and was later invited for and on site interview at one of the campuses in Hillsboro in January. The Interview was all day, Had interviews with eight different people, it was a simple interview, they all asked similar questions, so I keep repeating my answers to them all. They were all friendly and nice, They make you fill relax and calm. I thing the experience was great.

Interview Questions

• Why did you want to work for intel   1 Answer