Intel Corporation Product Development Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intel Corporation Product Development Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Sep 25, 2017

31 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Product Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Got an email for Phone Interview.

Just before an hour of interview Received email that manager has frozen the position. I tried to email them but no response from their side.

Interview Questions

• Not a single question as the interview has not been taken.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Product Development Engineer Interview

Interview

Two phone screen rounds
    One HR round- Why Intel? Why this role? and one Technical round- each 45 mins.
    On-site five rounds- Morning 9 to evening 4.30 - each 45 mins

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I got a mail from the hiring manager to set up a phone interview with a senior technician. Had a phone screening interview for an hour and then called for an on site interview. Interviewed the whole day with different technical groups on logic analog vlsi concepts and a behavioral round

Interview Questions

• I have two glasses of 3 ounces and 5 ounces. Give me 4 ounces of liquid   2 Answers

Product Development Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

6 one-hour sessions, each with a different person, and one hour lunch with the hiring manager. Each session focused on a different subject or technical area, like debug, scripting, brain-teasers, and behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Unix file manipulation questions- greps, basically, and how to identify which shell you are in. There is also the brain teaser where you have the thevinin and norton equivalent circuits, each in a different black box. Since they are electrically equivalent when you probe for voltage or current, how do you tell them apart?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

I receive the phone interview and after one month I got an onsite calling. That calling was continuing around 40 mins. The staff is fine but do ask some technical question but some behavior question.

Interview Questions

• Why your GPA is not 4.0?
      Tell me about yourself.
      Can you say something about tour research?
      How you know about us?
      Why you want to come here?   Answer Question

Product Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Met at a career fair. Went to a networking dinner afterwards, and had an in-person, on-campus (school campus) interview the next morning. Waited between one and two weeks and had other offers coming up, so I told my recruiter and he notified me that I'm going to be getting an offer they just had to take care of some things on their end.

Interview Questions

• Programming question, statistics question, and logic question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Champaign, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied through my University career fair. I dropped my resume off to a recruiter whom just told me to apply to positions online. Later that night, I surprisingly received an email from another recruiter whom was handed my resume by the recruiter at the career fair for an interview. It was on-site and lasted roughly an hour with technical questions in the beginning and then finished off with some non-traditional behavioral questions. My interviewer told me I was going to receive an offer at the end of the interview. The process took roughly 3 weeks after the interview to finally receive my official offer. I ended up accepting the offer.

Product Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Phone screening was followed by a on-site technical and HR interview.
    It was a long process as I was called over to a different country for the on-site interview and that required visa process.
    But the hiring manager took care of everything - sent an invitation letter for the embassy.

The whole process starting from phone screening to the final offer took around 3 months.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions on electronics, software language (C++) followed by personality based questions

Situation-Action-Result
      Hiring manager asked me to put the answers in the above format for each of the questions.

He asked me to give an example where your opinion was different from other team members - describe the situation, what was your solution, how was it different from the solution that majority suggested, how you put your idea on the table, what was the result.

He asked me to tell him about some previous experiences (can be from work, education or life) where you have to react quickly. What were the results?   1 Answer

Product Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Half day interview with senior managers.
    1-1 interview one person after another.
    Some questions are behavioral while others are technical
    They're not interested in what you know about the company in general
    You don't have to answer the questions too fast. Pause and think about them first

Interview Questions

• What can you contribute to the company?
      Tell me an accomplishment which you are proud of?
      What was the most difficult thing that you faced in your previous job and what did you do to resolve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

First was a phone interview. The questions that were asked were basic logic, circuits, statistics, programming and semiconductor devices. They said that they would reply within 1-3 weeks. They replied a few days later asking me to come in for an on-site interview. The questions in that were also based on the above topics.

Interview Questions

• You have a lamp attached to a battery. You add another lamp in series. What will happen to the brightness of both the lamps?   1 Answer