Intel Corporation Program Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intel Corporation Program Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2017

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2016.

Interview

I was sent a pre-screen form to fill out. Then was selected for a phone screen/interview with hiring manager. About a week later I was asked to arrange for in-person interviews at Intel.

Intel does a great job of making you feel welcome. They bought breakfast at the cafe and then escorted me to my interview room. I met with three members of my future team for an hour each. All of the questions were behavioral, which I think is standard for Intel at that point in the interviewing processes. All around, a really enjoyable experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you used data to solve a problem and how did you do it?   Answer Question
  • When have you experienced working with someone that disagrees with your solutions to a problem, and how did you get them to understand your point of view?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Accepted on the spot - the compensation was above average and nothing to negotiate

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in August 2015.

Interview

Initial phone interview, pretty basic just to get the feel for the person/position. In-person interview with two people in the same role as the position to be hired. The position was a two-year temporary non-technical position and I know the technical positions typically have more extensive interviews, including discussing architecture problems, coding problems and other technically-based scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Q: Please talk about a time when a client was not happy/satisfied with work that you provided them. What do you think caused the dissatisfaction and how did you resolve the issue?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Interview

Phone screen; face to face interviews. Took networking to be considered. Process was excellent. Intel has this down

Interview Questions

• "How would you fix X issue" without knowing the specifics or the context   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Interview

Intel Austin, all resumes come through the recruiting team within the operations team unlike other teams where it comes in through HR. But recently the team has gone through several org changes and this process is under change. Once the resume is shortlisted , it is reviewed by managers and the best fit requests an interview with the candidate/

Interview Questions

Negotiation

As an RCG there wasnt really any negogiation.

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Very thorough process with 5-6 interviewers each on different perspective/functionality/personality required for the job. Good technical and behavioral questions. Good emphasis on maintaining diverse employee pool as well.

Interview Questions

• what would you expect to do in the new job, basically assume yourself on the job today and tell what are the things to be taken care. Give me an example of what milestones or things to track and when would track those and why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nothing much, since it was internal.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

First round interview was on campus at University. It was a 30 minute interview with a mid-level manager with a mix of behavioral and technology strategy questions. I was informed about a 2nd round phone screen a few days later. The phone screen was with a senior HR manager and completely behavioral. For the final round, I attended a rush event at the HQ office where I went through multiple rounds of 2-on-1 interviews with a mix of senior business and technical managers.

Interview Questions

• What risks have you taken in your life - personal or career?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no room for negotiation as initial offer was attractive and consistent across everyone accepted into the program.

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in August 2009.

Interview

Hard to get your resume selected. Once done interview process in most general groups should not be that hard

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chengdu, Sichuan (China)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Chengdu, Sichuan (China)) in October 2016.

Interview

it is about the factory maintenance and construction manager, the interview has two parts, both last almost one hour talking. the first is about professional questions and experience and second is about the plan about the career. nice talking.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Haifa (Israel)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Haifa (Israel)) in October 2013.

Interview

Process was lengthy, two phone interviews followed by meeting several people , ~ three face to face meetings , people not too nice, pretty aggressive, tried to get many details which I consider confidential information of my current employer . Eventually no one even called me back to say what their decision is, I had to understand the position was either cancelled or they hired something be else . Also Sunday me of the face to face meetings did not start on time and I had to wait for the interviewer

Manager Programming Interview

Anonymous Employee in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in June 2012.

Interview

Ich hatte mich auf ein Praktikum in hoher Ebene in der Geschäfts- und Industrie-Marktentwicklung in München beworben. Der Bewerbungsprozess bestand aus 1 Telefon-Interview und 5 persönlichen Gesprächen. Das Telefongespräch war nicht kompetenzbasiert (nur eine Frage bezog sich auf Kompetenz). Es ging mehr um meine Kenntnisse im B2B-Verkauf, Rechenzentrums-Märkten, den 4 P des Marketing wie wie Intel im Rechencenter-Bereich relevant bleibt. Es war ein sehr professionelles Gespräch, ich habe fast vergessen, dass ich mich nur auf eine Praktikumsstelle beworben hatte.

Interview Questions

• Die 5 persönlichen Gespräche waren überraschend. Die schwierigste Frage, die man mir stellte, hatte mit einem Trend in der Rechenzentrums-Industrie zu tun. Der Interviewer, der mir diese Frage stellte, zeichnete erst ein Diagramm auf ein Blatt Papier. Das Diagramm zeigte, wie der aufsteigende Trend in der Virtualisation den Platzbedarf von Servern in Rechenzentren weltweit beeinflusst.

Dann legte er mir dieses Blatt vor und fragte, wie Intel darauf reagieren solle?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Verhandlungen beschränkten sich auf die Örtlichkeit. Man kann seinen Sitz entweder im UK-EMEA-Datacentre-Team oder im München-Deutschland-EMEA-Datacentre-Team haben.