Intel Corporation Reliability Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 26, 2017

2.8

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Reliability Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in May 2017.

Interview

The phone interview is basically about the projects on the resume. Also some questions about semiconductors. It took about 40 minutes. After about two weeks, received an on-site invitation.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Reliability Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Conducted a phone interview with the hiring manager in which my background was discussed along with several technical questions. The interview went quite well and an offer was eventually made.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eau Claire, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Eau Claire, WI) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied for full-time. interviewed for intern, even though not possible I told yes. He didn't asked any single question. All about the work that I need to do. He told that what we learn at university won't be useful to do that work, that's the reason he didn't asked me a single question. But I didn't hear back from him for months. Kept 3 emails but still no response.

Reliability Engineer Interview

Interview

interviewed by 6 engineers and two managers.
    Hit technical questions and past experiences. Covered behavioral questions such as how to interact with the team, entrepreneurship experiences, and past experiences to closely work with teammates.

Technical questions including fundamental physics, coding, and data analysis skills

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Chandler, AZ) in March 2012.

Interview

I was an intern last year for 3 months in a different group. So, they know my working style and commitment. The internship can be best described as 'devil is in the details' and your best bet to ask your coworkers to complete a given task rather than your manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe the physics of the problem with a thermomechanical load on a chip. What alloy type (solder) needs to be considered?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Order of negotiation:
    1. Base pay (My current pay was what they offered before negotiation)
    2. Incentive %

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Chandler, AZ) in March 2012.

Interview

This is an rcg position. A hiring manager I met at a university career fair forwarded my resume and i got an onsite straight. flew in the first day, went to interviews on the second day and flew back on the third. 30min 1 on 1 interviews plus presentation. got to take half a day off to check out the city. most questions relates to my thesis, with one behavioral question thrown in at the very end (picked from a list of questions). overall very pleasant interview.

Interview Questions

• give an example of the mistakes you made in your thesis research.   Answer Question
    • what problems did you run into in your research and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clarita, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

First a phone interview, asked a lot of technical questions about basic semiconductor device physics. Then received on-site interview invitation. Gave a 45min presentation first, then met 6 engineers in a row. 1hr per person. Half behavior questions and half technical questions. Mostly focused on your PhD research. Got a call the next day offering the position.

Interview Questions

• What is the physical meaning of threshold voltage of a transistor? How to define it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in March 2011.

Interview

One phone interview, followed by on-site interview. 6 rounds of interview by various teams in the same department. Questions mostly from previous work experience, projects done in Graduate school. Every round had Questions testing soft skills. Questions about basic cmos logic, pipelining, cache architecture.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not really, just got a signing bonus.

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Chandler, AZ) in January 2011.

Interview

8 hour day, consisting of 1 hour PhD defense presentation, 5 1 hour 1:1 interviews, lunch, and an information session. People are nice, atmosphere is positive. Asked both technical and behavioral questions.

Reliability Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2011.

Interview

First step is on-campus interview. And then I was invited to Oregon for on-site interview. First I give one hour phd talk and then met with 5 people for 1:1 interview. They asked some questions about behavior and technology. It is really good interview experience. They are looking for people who can cooperate with the other people since this job needs lots to work with the other group.