Intel Corporation Research Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intel Corporation Research Engineer Interview Questions

2.8

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in August 2015.

Interview

I need to meet several interviewers by one by one in a meeting room where I can use a white board to answer their question. Each interviewer has different strong background especially for WiFi standard, signal processing, wireless communication, and programming. Between interviews, there is a lunch meeting with my manager.

Interview Questions

• Draw and explain a (general) wireless communication system.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Interview

Phone interview with HR followed by all day on-site interviews.
    No tour of the facility.

The first thing I was told upon being greeted was about a new hiring freeze that was just announced, but the R&D would likely be exempt from this. It was exempt and an offer was later made based on this interview, but it was not the best way to start the morning.

The day consisted of a series of 1-on-1 interviews with about 8-10 different people as well as a 1-hour presentation of my research and an interview over lunch.

People seemed happy with their jobs and the company but kept jokingly referring to their Blackberries as "the leash" (recent switch from pagers?) and commenting on the Oregon weather. The interview was for a number of possible positions not any one specific description.

Good benefits, good salary offer, 1 month sabbatical every 5 years in addition to normal vacation time, great location...(despite the weather).

Interview Questions

The job is for an engineer to learn and become an expert in one step (production machine) of the multi-step process used to make chips. One is then on call-24-7 (with some cover or overlap) and you essentially run pre-set experiments (planned by others) most days of the year until your turn comes up to have everyone else run your experimental parameters for a set amount of time.
    More process development based vs. fundamental research.

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bucharest (Romania)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Bucharest (Romania)) in March 2016.

Interview

The position was proposed by a recruiting company called Rinf. Before the on site interview, I had a call with a HR person. A researcher and the future manager took care of the technical interview. There were a lot of questions, but they were checking only basic computer science knoledge.

Interview Questions

• what is SATA?
      basic linux commands
      what programming languages you know best?   Answer Question

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bucharest (Romania)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Bucharest (Romania)) in August 2013.

Interview

The entire process took approx. one month. Got called, chose the interview day, had the interview then got called again to let me know that they will hire me. The interview was 1:1 with the hiring manager and took approx. 45 minutes. Nice and sincere guy. He shook my hand at the end of the interview