Intel Corporation Research Scientist Interview Questions in Santa Clara, CA | Glassdoor

Intel Corporation Research Scientist Interview Questions in Santa Clara, CA

Updated Oct 14, 2016

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Interviewed for the visual computing lab at the Santa Clara site. The interview was simple and pretty straight forward. Lasted about an hour. Talked about interests and previous project. It has been about 3 weeks and they haven't given me an answer though.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

one phone interview followed up with research presentation on phone to a panel of 5 people. Had to send research presentation in advance

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join Intel?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

2-day interview with 15+ potential colleagues in both Santa Clara, CA and Hillsboro, OR. The interview is focused on your research work. Interviewers are professional. Talk to each interviewers in a 1:1 manner. 45 minutes per person, including potential team members, co-workers, manager, director, etc. Give a one-hour job talk about thesis research project and answered technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Research background, previous work experience, a job talk   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

Initial communications via email. Phone interview was setup in one week
    Phone interview went over the work that the group does and my background and skills. In the phone interview was to screen a person that was not fit for the position. I fit the reqs well and communicated the same effectively. 75% of the phone interview was questions about what I had done. I tried to tailor my responses to the position description. The 1:1 consisted of a full day interview with 5 people and a presentation of my research to the rest of the group. The questions were targetted as the people tried to get an understanding of my fit within the group, ability to handle complex questions, level of technical understanding and prowess

Interview Questions

• Describe a conflict that you had with a peer or supervisor and how you resolved it   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation was smooth. They made an offer, I put up a counter and it was accepted immediately.