Intel Corporation Interview Questions in Santa Clara, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 18, 2017

2.9

ALP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Pretty straight forward behavioral questions and one or two case questions. Know Intel well and the businesses the company is focused on. The case questions are usually about Intel. It starts with interviews on campus, then a panel phone interview, and final 4 interviews in the final round.

Graphics Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

I went to an event. Interviews were not difficult. People were nice.

I performed pretty well in the interview, got an offer, however the salary they offered was lower then what I expected. I had to decline the offer. I am pretty upset on the fact that they didn't look into this information prior to the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Programming questions on C. They were pretty easy based on strings, linked list etc. Question on achievements, projects worked on.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview consisted of several rounds - 6 to be precise. I was asked questions on Logic Design, RTL, Physical Design. Most of the common questions included power optimization techniques, logical effort, cache coherency protocols, pipeline, physical design flow etc

Interview Questions

• dependence of short circuit current with the rise time and fall time of an inverter   1 Answer

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

went there for a 1 hr interview on Fri @ 2pm. receptionist tried to page the person but no one responded. no notification what ever . I waited in the Lobby for 1 hour and just went home coz no one show up. got an email 3 hrs later at 5pm that the position was put on hold. VERY BAD WORK ETHIC!!!

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Interviewed for the visual computing lab at the Santa Clara site. The interview was simple and pretty straight forward. Lasted about an hour. Talked about interests and previous project. It has been about 3 weeks and they haven't given me an answer though.

Platform Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

An HR specialist contacted me right after I applied online. He sent specific list of questions related to product marketing, solution engineering, project scope, size etc. Next the group director reached out by email and scheduled 1 hour phone interview with 2 experienced architects. It was 100% technical. Big part of the interview was explaining design, architecture and solution strategy within infrastructure of prior project experience. Last 10 minutes I was asked to define some well known terms - some text book questions.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about my past project design, architecture, analytics used in the industrial automation area in power distribution - they asked me to give very specific project architecture details.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and received an email for a phone interview once month later. The phone interview took 30 minutes with a hiring manager in which he go over the resume and had some technical questions. I then received an email and phone call from HR person to set up an in-person interview with 5 people and the interview lasted about 5+ hours. Technical questions about C++ template, multithreading, python code, git and unix commands and more questions about the latest job experiences. There were a lot of behavior questions too.

Interview Questions

• Explain C++ template and multithreading and examples? How does git store data and manage access control? Fast-forward merging in Git? Unix command to find patterns in directory hierarchy.   Answer Question

Transaction Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

One on one interview with the supervisor.
    Asked about previous work experience mostly related to purchase order procedures. Interviewer explained the role in the company and questioned what I wanted to get out of the position.
    Did basic Excel tests to prove competency such as pivot tables and Vlookup.
    Said there may be a 2nd round of interview depending on how many candidates were left.

Interview Questions

• Explain the process from the start of a purchase order until it is closed in the system.   Answer Question

Senior Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

First, a short project/quiz that demonstrated my knowledge of Java. Second, a phone interview that lasted about 45 minutes. Third, the submission of some writing samples. Finally, an onsite interview with four different members of the team. We looked over my resume and discussed the project. They were particularly interested in my ability to working independently, do research, and solve problems.

Interview Questions

• If no developers are available to answer your question and you need to understand how an API works what do you do?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

5 rounds of phone interview, 1st round was screening and was based on resume, later was asked 4 rounds of questions each round was 1 hour and different person. questions on VLSI - crosstalk set up hold time, timing issues, logic design, perl scripting, black box design, puzzles etc

Interview Questions

• setup hold time, And gates from MUX, basic CMOS questions, brain teasers   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation