Intel Corporation Interview Questions in Santa Clara, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 7, 2017

41 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Image Algorithm Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Received two responses to my online application via email after about 2 weeks from a member of the team and the leader of the team. Each setup a time for a phone/video interview. The team leader also assigned a non-trivial computer vision assignment to complete before the interview. The interview with a member of the team lasted just over an hour. It was composed of a overview of Intel and the team and a discussion about low-level image data processing. The interviewer seemed less interested my knowledge of the topic (I'm more familiar with use of images after they are in the rgb colorspace) and more about the ability to parse and critically think about an area I didn't know much about. There was also a surprise share-screen coding problem. Interviewer was not particularly interested in previous projects, work experience, or behavior.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about processing camera data? (multiple related questions)   Answer Question
    • Read this brief about colorspaces and recreated the diagram using the provided data.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Interviewers are great, recruiters are very friendly, can't get offer because of immigration issue. But they agree to relocate me if I can work in Canada Intel for one year

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview consisted of several rounds - 6 to be precise. I was asked questions on Logic Design, RTL, Physical Design. Most of the common questions included power optimization techniques, logical effort, cache coherency protocols, pipeline, physical design flow etc

Interview Questions

• dependence of short circuit current with the rise time and fall time of an inverter   1 Answer

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

went there for a 1 hr interview on Fri @ 2pm. receptionist tried to page the person but no one responded. no notification what ever . I waited in the Lobby for 1 hour and just went home coz no one show up. got an email 3 hrs later at 5pm that the position was put on hold. VERY BAD WORK ETHIC!!!

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Interviewed for the visual computing lab at the Santa Clara site. The interview was simple and pretty straight forward. Lasted about an hour. Talked about interests and previous project. It has been about 3 weeks and they haven't given me an answer though.

Platform Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

An HR specialist contacted me right after I applied online. He sent specific list of questions related to product marketing, solution engineering, project scope, size etc. Next the group director reached out by email and scheduled 1 hour phone interview with 2 experienced architects. It was 100% technical. Big part of the interview was explaining design, architecture and solution strategy within infrastructure of prior project experience. Last 10 minutes I was asked to define some well known terms - some text book questions.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about my past project design, architecture, analytics used in the industrial automation area in power distribution - they asked me to give very specific project architecture details.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and received an email for a phone interview once month later. The phone interview took 30 minutes with a hiring manager in which he go over the resume and had some technical questions. I then received an email and phone call from HR person to set up an in-person interview with 5 people and the interview lasted about 5+ hours. Technical questions about C++ template, multithreading, python code, git and unix commands and more questions about the latest job experiences. There were a lot of behavior questions too.

Interview Questions

• Explain C++ template and multithreading and examples? How does git store data and manage access control? Fast-forward merging in Git? Unix command to find patterns in directory hierarchy.   Answer Question

Transaction Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

One on one interview with the supervisor.
    Asked about previous work experience mostly related to purchase order procedures. Interviewer explained the role in the company and questioned what I wanted to get out of the position.
    Did basic Excel tests to prove competency such as pivot tables and Vlookup.
    Said there may be a 2nd round of interview depending on how many candidates were left.

Interview Questions

• Explain the process from the start of a purchase order until it is closed in the system.   Answer Question

Big Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

2 phone interview, took about 2 weeks, 3 round onsite after one week wait, no email reply afterwards. No feedback ever after. Java knowledge and data structure is a must. Also ask questions about Hadoop, HDFS and what is the pros and cons. Basic concept such as java GC, multithread, etc.

Interview Questions

• phone interview: two sum and basic java knowledge   1 Answer

Director, Human Resources Business Engagement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Never received any status or response. Even though I'm an employee no one ever contacted me with status. I sent several messages with not response. Intel does not do a great job of job growth. People stay in the same roles for many years.