Intel Corporation Interview Questions in Santa Clara, CA | Glassdoor

2.9

129 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Mixed Signal Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

Technical questions and problems to solve. The problems were standard, i did not have any surprise questions. The interviewers were friendly, they needed a help in the team project. The result of interview was communicated promptly

Interview Questions

• Write the latch verilog code   1 Answer

ALP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Pretty straight forward behavioral questions and one or two case questions. Know Intel well and the businesses the company is focused on. The case questions are usually about Intel. It starts with interviews on campus, then a panel phone interview, and final 4 interviews in the final round.

Graduate Intern Technical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by my prospective boss via e-mail within a week or so of responding to a solicitation for a specific internship on Intel's website, and we arranged a phone interview for later in the week.

He was fairly punctual about calling me and was easy to talk to. The interview wasn't what I expected -- no technical questions were asked, he started immediately with asking me if I had any questions, and so I proceeded to ask some things about what kind of environment I would be working in, what the surrounding area is like, and what kind of work I would be doing. He was reluctant to tell me the actual nature of the project, so I didn't press it. He asked me a few questions along the way, such as what my future ambitions were. All told, it was about an hour.

I heard back from him via e-mail a little less than two months later asking if I had any plans for the summer yet and that he had tentatively chosen someone that had done their graduate research in the exact area of the job (what are the odds, but then again, it's Intel) but was checking in on me as an alternate. I had already accepted another offer by that point, though.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter, talked for 5 minutes about general stuff... my interests, what the position is about, the group at Intel. A week later I was notified that they would like me for an on-site interview in a week. At the on-site interview I met with 7 people during one morning... 8am-12pm.

This being a Software Engineering position I expected at least some technical questions, but I received none! The only technical question was one casual "can you code?". To which I replied yes of course. Every interviewer asked me what I did for my PhD and we generally talked about my work. It seems that the most important thing for them was to determine whether I'll be a good fit with my vision, interests and prior experience. I would say personality is definitely another thing they look for even though you may not notice it.

People in this group seemed pretty young and open minded... especially the group leader (boss). The position in itself wasn't really the "code in the trenches" kind and it has quite a bit of flexibility and requires creativity and novel approaches. Perhaps that's why they were more interested in the vision and interests than coding.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good fit to this group?   Answer Question
    • Questions about my PhD work where I had to justify my decisions. They were difficult because the questions were coming from a different perspective than I would typically meet in academia.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Although they couldn't up-front the relocation expenses, they did offer a hiring bonus.

Software Validation Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Interview consisted of no visit to Intel, just 2-3 phone interviews of 1/2 hour each with members of the group. Immediate hire. Hired by resume skills mostly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Temp job.

Electronics Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

For a contract position of 3+ months duration. Interview process was phone-only, consisted of talking to 3 department members for 1/2 hour each. No in-person interview needed due to good resume.

Negotiation

No negotiation. Contract employment agency had previously set a fixed rate.

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Informal, found out who was the hiring manager and agreed directly about screening and interviews

Product Marketing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

There was no interview process as I had already done a DOT assignment for the position. This meant I had covered the position while the person was on sabbatical.

Interview Questions

• Position is open, you are our #1 choice, do you want the position?   1 Answer

None - Recruited By Hiring Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Hiring manager called me and asked if I would be interested in an HR role with the company. The next week went into the Intel Offices in Santa Clara to interview. Two HR people were on the phone and one was in the room with me.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to read a paragraph regarding an employee relations issue and walk them through what I would do in the situation.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

It was a very positive experience. The interviewers were familiar with my resume. They asked me to talk about some of my prior projects. There were some simple clarifying questions about my role. They told me about their work and asked in some cases how would I do certain things at a high level. Their was one unpleasant interviewer from a different group who was basically accusing me of lying on my resume. I politely stood my ground and I assumed correctly that probably people don not take his opinion seriously.

Interview Questions

• Describe my prior projects mostly and probing some details.   Answer Question