Intel Corporation Interview Questions in Santa Clara, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 4, 2017

43 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Graduate Intern Technical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by my prospective boss via e-mail within a week or so of responding to a solicitation for a specific internship on Intel's website, and we arranged a phone interview for later in the week.

He was fairly punctual about calling me and was easy to talk to. The interview wasn't what I expected -- no technical questions were asked, he started immediately with asking me if I had any questions, and so I proceeded to ask some things about what kind of environment I would be working in, what the surrounding area is like, and what kind of work I would be doing. He was reluctant to tell me the actual nature of the project, so I didn't press it. He asked me a few questions along the way, such as what my future ambitions were. All told, it was about an hour.

I heard back from him via e-mail a little less than two months later asking if I had any plans for the summer yet and that he had tentatively chosen someone that had done their graduate research in the exact area of the job (what are the odds, but then again, it's Intel) but was checking in on me as an alternate. I had already accepted another offer by that point, though.

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Informal, found out who was the hiring manager and agreed directly about screening and interviews

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Interviewed for the visual computing lab at the Santa Clara site. The interview was simple and pretty straight forward. Lasted about an hour. Talked about interests and previous project. It has been about 3 weeks and they haven't given me an answer though.

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

went there for a 1 hr interview on Fri @ 2pm. receptionist tried to page the person but no one responded. no notification what ever . I waited in the Lobby for 1 hour and just went home coz no one show up. got an email 3 hrs later at 5pm that the position was put on hold. VERY BAD WORK ETHIC!!!

Analog Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was good. Most of the interviewers seemed to like me - except for the hiring manager (it seems). He was bit arrogant or let's just say that he wanted to hear the answers that he wanted to - without giving any regard to any other answers that might have been better to his existing design questions. I think because layoffs were in the air, back in June-July of 2016, he shrugged off saying that they have a "hiring freeze". Would have been a nightmare if I had to work under him. The process took 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Lab probing
      MOS amplifier configuration
      Some layout related questions   1 Answer

Software Engineer Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

Phone interview: asked easy questions. Most are on glassdoor.
    On site Interview:
    Very nice arrangements for travel and hotel.
    Interview process was very good.
    Kind and relaxed interviewers.
    Asked everything about operating systems.
    Everything from hardware to software.
    Study Operating systems from Modern Operating Systems by Tenenbaum.
    Computer System architecture. Virtual memory, addressing.
    Questions:

1. Implement functions (in C) for insertion, removal of nodes from circular queue using arrays.
    2. Implement array reversal without iteration.
    3. Remove any node from Linked List. Remove the node which is the easiest to remove. Write code in C.
    4. What is the address in C code when we write &a. a is a variable. is it virtual address or physical address.
    5. Questions on projects on resume.

Great interviewers, remain calm.

Interview Questions

• Array reverse without using iteration. Code in C.   3 Answers

Bluetooth Physical Layer Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

The whole on-site interview was disorganized and chaotic. First, I was made to wait over 30 mins in the freezing lobby in mid-Nov before the hiring manager showed up. From that point every interview was delayed. 2 out of 6 interviewers did not show up and apparently there was no prior communication about this. This forced the other interviewers to just sit around and make small talk with me for over an hour. The interviewers that showed up confessed that my experience and education was way different from theirs and hardly asked anything technical. I was surprised given that the Hiring Manager had obviously seen my resume before inviting me.There was really only one technical interview which I thought I did quite well. But after the interviews there was no feedback for a month until I emailed HR who replied back with a curt "thanks but we hired someone else". Overall a very negative experience and one I didn't expect from a respected company like Intel.

Interview Questions

• A few basic questions on Digital and wireless communications, estimation theory, random processes etc. Mostly questions based on work I had done before.   Answer Question

Intel Corporation Response

Apr 21, 2015 – Talent Branding Solutions Manager

Thank you for taking the time to bring your experience to our attention. I want to apologize for the negative interview experience you had at Intel. While we strive as a company to provide a great... More

Transaction Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

One on one interview with the supervisor.
    Asked about previous work experience mostly related to purchase order procedures. Interviewer explained the role in the company and questioned what I wanted to get out of the position.
    Did basic Excel tests to prove competency such as pivot tables and Vlookup.
    Said there may be a 2nd round of interview depending on how many candidates were left.

Interview Questions

• Explain the process from the start of a purchase order until it is closed in the system.   Answer Question

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2009.

Interview

6 people interviewed each for 1/2 hr

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2007.

Interview

The interviewer asked a series of questions, some which related to the job, others that seemed a bit odd. One question that struck me as odd, and maybe it was the wording, was to name a time when I had to use library research. Now, I am in a department in school that relies on peer-reviewed journals and such to do most of my research, most of which can be found in online databases. It was probably nerves, but the word "library" itself made me think I needed to talk about in-library experience, which I had very little of because of my school's awesome databases of online resources. My answer could have been stronger.

Also, the interviewer asked me what group within the division I was interviewing for I would prefer, but none of those groups were mentioned online, and the interviewer kind of seemed unwilling to explain what each group did, despite names that were very vague as to what their purpose might be.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you used library research   1 Answer