Intel Corporation Interview Questions in Santa Clara, CA | Glassdoor

Intel Corporation Interview Questions in Santa Clara, CA

Updated Nov 8, 2016

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

went there for a 1 hr interview on Fri @ 2pm. receptionist tried to page the person but no one responded. no notification what ever . I waited in the Lobby for 1 hour and just went home coz no one show up. got an email 3 hrs later at 5pm that the position was put on hold. VERY BAD WORK ETHIC!!!

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview consisted of several rounds - 6 to be precise. I was asked questions on Logic Design, RTL, Physical Design. Most of the common questions included power optimization techniques, logical effort, cache coherency protocols, pipeline, physical design flow etc

Interview Questions

• dependence of short circuit current with the rise time and fall time of an inverter   1 Answer

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Interviewed for the visual computing lab at the Santa Clara site. The interview was simple and pretty straight forward. Lasted about an hour. Talked about interests and previous project. It has been about 3 weeks and they haven't given me an answer though.

Big Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

2 phone interview, took about 2 weeks, 3 round onsite after one week wait, no email reply afterwards. No feedback ever after. Java knowledge and data structure is a must. Also ask questions about Hadoop, HDFS and what is the pros and cons. Basic concept such as java GC, multithread, etc.

Interview Questions

• phone interview: two sum and basic java knowledge   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and received an email for a phone interview once month later. The phone interview took 30 minutes with a hiring manager in which he go over the resume and had some technical questions. I then received an email and phone call from HR person to set up an in-person interview with 5 people and the interview lasted about 5+ hours. Technical questions about C++ template, multithreading, python code, git and unix commands and more questions about the latest job experiences. There were a lot of behavior questions too.

Interview Questions

• Explain C++ template and multithreading and examples? How does git store data and manage access control? Fast-forward merging in Git? Unix command to find patterns in directory hierarchy.   Answer Question

Senior Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

I was initially approached my a few people from this company who had suggested that it would be a good opportunity for me. I was told that the meeting would be at the right level given my years of experience and also given the position I was really looking for - Senior manager/ Director level position. There were no phone interviews. Within a few days of this person contacting me, a day was setup where I was supposed to meet/interview with this team. On the day of the interview, I met with a bunch of senior technical folks from this team who interviewed me on various topics such as processor design, EDA tools, static timing analysis, synthesis etc. At the end of these technically focused sessions, I met with the head of the BU who filled me in the current challenges and what he was looking for.

Interview Questions

• One of the interviewers asked about static timing analysis/fix/optimization related question on best way to fix hold for a given problem.   1 Answer

Platform Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

An HR specialist contacted me right after I applied online. He sent specific list of questions related to product marketing, solution engineering, project scope, size etc. Next the group director reached out by email and scheduled 1 hour phone interview with 2 experienced architects. It was 100% technical. Big part of the interview was explaining design, architecture and solution strategy within infrastructure of prior project experience. Last 10 minutes I was asked to define some well known terms - some text book questions.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about my past project design, architecture, analytics used in the industrial automation area in power distribution - they asked me to give very specific project architecture details.   Answer Question

Transaction Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

One on one interview with the supervisor.
    Asked about previous work experience mostly related to purchase order procedures. Interviewer explained the role in the company and questioned what I wanted to get out of the position.
    Did basic Excel tests to prove competency such as pivot tables and Vlookup.
    Said there may be a 2nd round of interview depending on how many candidates were left.

Interview Questions

• Explain the process from the start of a purchase order until it is closed in the system.   Answer Question

Director, Human Resources Business Engagement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Never received any status or response. Even though I'm an employee no one ever contacted me with status. I sent several messages with not response. Intel does not do a great job of job growth. People stay in the same roles for many years.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Submitted Resume on Intel Jobs site
    Received prescreening phone call from Engineering Manager
    Phone interviews, one hour each with the Project Manager and the Software Director
    One hour in person interview with the Project Manager