Intel Corporation Interview Questions in Santa Clara, CA | Glassdoor

2.9

131 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analog Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was good. Most of the interviewers seemed to like me - except for the hiring manager (it seems). He was bit arrogant or let's just say that he wanted to hear the answers that he wanted to - without giving any regard to any other answers that might have been better to his existing design questions. I think because layoffs were in the air, back in June-July of 2016, he shrugged off saying that they have a "hiring freeze". Would have been a nightmare if I had to work under him. The process took 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Lab probing
      MOS amplifier configuration
      Some layout related questions   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted for an over-the-phone technical interview. Interview consisted of average character questions as well as some very basic coding questions, which were sent to the interviewer via email.

Image Algorithm Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

Received two responses to my online application via email after about 2 weeks from a member of the team and the leader of the team. Each setup a time for a phone/video interview. The team leader also assigned a non-trivial computer vision assignment to complete before the interview. The interview with a member of the team lasted just over an hour. It was composed of a overview of Intel and the team and a discussion about low-level image data processing. The interviewer seemed less interested my knowledge of the topic (I'm more familiar with use of images after they are in the rgb colorspace) and more about the ability to parse and critically think about an area I didn't know much about. There was also a surprise share-screen coding problem. Interviewer was not particularly interested in previous projects, work experience, or behavior.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about processing camera data? (multiple related questions)   Answer Question
    • Read this brief about colorspaces and recreated the diagram using the provided data.   Answer Question

Software Build Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone screen with HR (non technical) followed by phone screen with hiring manager (non technical), followed by on site interview. This was with 3 groups of 3 people each. It was very technical with coding questions to be solved on the whiteboard.

Interview Questions

• Data structures, algorithms, and scripting questions. Potential solutions to some problems that the team already faced.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

All day interview; pretty simple / standard questions in programming and some computer architecture. Just stay cool and answer to best you can. Got offer the following week. Accepted offer after some salary negotiations. Overall a pleasant experience.

Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

The interview was long and drawn out. I apllied and was contacted in 4 days. The first interview was a phone screen with the typical questions asked. After 3 days received an email for rd two interview. That interview was a panel of 3 mgrs.
    Mostly behavioral questions.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was fairly average as with all companies. The post interview to offer took a few days. The hiring manager gave me a verbal offer very quickly. However, from offer to on board, it took 3 months. I was hoping to start immediately, but due to a 1 month visa delay, I could not. As for the other 2 months, I have no idea what the administrative side was doing. I made several attempts to micromanage the situation, but they insisted that the delays were inevitable.

I was close to being financially crippled, due to living conditions in California, before they finally set a solid start date. I was not too happy with the amount of delay cause by the company itself, considering they understood that I had no income for that time being and could not take up another job due to work visa constraints.

Interview Questions

• What are process corners?
      Write a file handler in Perl.
      Draw an inverter and explain the different modes of operation.
      Draw a cross section of an inverter.
      Explain Latch-Up.
      Draw a Flip Flop using Transistors.
      etc.   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

One phone interview. One week later invited for an onsite interview from 9.00am to 4.00pm and talked with around 7 people. The team was very nice and explained the position and its requirements in detail. The questions were fairly easy.

Interview Questions

• Explain space time block codes, ergodic capacity, MMSE, ZF detection, etc.   Answer Question

Vice President - Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Four interviews over a period of 2 weeks, focusing on my previous experience, core competencies, personality traits, management skills, work habits, cultural fit, and many other areas. Interviews with peers, my future manager, and others.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Interviewers are great, recruiters are very friendly, can't get offer because of immigration issue. But they agree to relocate me if I can work in Canada Intel for one year