Intel Corporation Interview Questions in Santa Clara, CA | Glassdoor

2.9

129 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Platform Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

An HR specialist contacted me right after I applied online. He sent specific list of questions related to product marketing, solution engineering, project scope, size etc. Next the group director reached out by email and scheduled 1 hour phone interview with 2 experienced architects. It was 100% technical. Big part of the interview was explaining design, architecture and solution strategy within infrastructure of prior project experience. Last 10 minutes I was asked to define some well known terms - some text book questions.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about my past project design, architecture, analytics used in the industrial automation area in power distribution - they asked me to give very specific project architecture details.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and received an email for a phone interview once month later. The phone interview took 30 minutes with a hiring manager in which he go over the resume and had some technical questions. I then received an email and phone call from HR person to set up an in-person interview with 5 people and the interview lasted about 5+ hours. Technical questions about C++ template, multithreading, python code, git and unix commands and more questions about the latest job experiences. There were a lot of behavior questions too.

Interview Questions

• Explain C++ template and multithreading and examples? How does git store data and manage access control? Fast-forward merging in Git? Unix command to find patterns in directory hierarchy.   Answer Question

Transaction Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

One on one interview with the supervisor.
    Asked about previous work experience mostly related to purchase order procedures. Interviewer explained the role in the company and questioned what I wanted to get out of the position.
    Did basic Excel tests to prove competency such as pivot tables and Vlookup.
    Said there may be a 2nd round of interview depending on how many candidates were left.

Interview Questions

• Explain the process from the start of a purchase order until it is closed in the system.   Answer Question

Senior Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

First, a short project/quiz that demonstrated my knowledge of Java. Second, a phone interview that lasted about 45 minutes. Third, the submission of some writing samples. Finally, an onsite interview with four different members of the team. We looked over my resume and discussed the project. They were particularly interested in my ability to working independently, do research, and solve problems.

Interview Questions

• If no developers are available to answer your question and you need to understand how an API works what do you do?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

5 rounds of phone interview, 1st round was screening and was based on resume, later was asked 4 rounds of questions each round was 1 hour and different person. questions on VLSI - crosstalk set up hold time, timing issues, logic design, perl scripting, black box design, puzzles etc

Interview Questions

• setup hold time, And gates from MUX, basic CMOS questions, brain teasers   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Big Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

2 phone interview, took about 2 weeks, 3 round onsite after one week wait, no email reply afterwards. No feedback ever after. Java knowledge and data structure is a must. Also ask questions about Hadoop, HDFS and what is the pros and cons. Basic concept such as java GC, multithread, etc.

Interview Questions

• phone interview: two sum and basic java knowledge   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I filled out my profile on Intel's website and was contact directly by manager. First, I had a ~45 min phone call with my manager with just behavioral questions. Next, I had a ~90 min interview with two of my coworkers which was more technical and included database questions and some BA questions.

CPU Design Verification Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Telephonic interview: Interviewed over the phone. Mostly on Cache coherence, Computer Architecture, C programming, etc.
    Then was flown in for Onsite interview in Santa clara:
    Total 5 1:1 interviews. All but 1 looked very senior managers with great demeanor. Interviewers were very calm and composed and we had great discussions on my past projects and experience. Gave me lot of situational problems. All in all very positive experience, thoroughly enjoyed the process.
    After the interview, we had a lot of discussion on what intel was doing currently and what are the challenges industry is facing.

Interview Questions

• Lot about past experience and projects, Arbiter design, OOPS concepts, scripting, verilog, Asynchronous/synchronous FIFO, Computer Architecture, Verification concepts. However most of it was focussed on prior experience.   Answer Question

Director, Human Resources Business Engagement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Never received any status or response. Even though I'm an employee no one ever contacted me with status. I sent several messages with not response. Intel does not do a great job of job growth. People stay in the same roles for many years.

Senior Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

I was initially approached my a few people from this company who had suggested that it would be a good opportunity for me. I was told that the meeting would be at the right level given my years of experience and also given the position I was really looking for - Senior manager/ Director level position. There were no phone interviews. Within a few days of this person contacting me, a day was setup where I was supposed to meet/interview with this team. On the day of the interview, I met with a bunch of senior technical folks from this team who interviewed me on various topics such as processor design, EDA tools, static timing analysis, synthesis etc. At the end of these technically focused sessions, I met with the head of the BU who filled me in the current challenges and what he was looking for.

Interview Questions

• One of the interviewers asked about static timing analysis/fix/optimization related question on best way to fix hold for a given problem.   1 Answer