Intel Corporation Interview Questions in Santa Clara, CA | Glassdoor

2.9

130 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Very spotty interview considering the role. Got a call and very quickly resulted in an offer without, in my opinion, the kind of interactions these roles need so both sides can scope each other and make sure it is a right and mutual fit.

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Interviewed for the visual computing lab at the Santa Clara site. The interview was simple and pretty straight forward. Lasted about an hour. Talked about interests and previous project. It has been about 3 weeks and they haven't given me an answer though.

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

went there for a 1 hr interview on Fri @ 2pm. receptionist tried to page the person but no one responded. no notification what ever . I waited in the Lobby for 1 hour and just went home coz no one show up. got an email 3 hrs later at 5pm that the position was put on hold. VERY BAD WORK ETHIC!!!

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

Started out with a phone interview.
    Met with manager to go over the skills and suitable match.
    Interviewed with each of the team member, manager, manager's manager and VP.
    Met 1:1 with manager's manager.
    Made a presentation open to general public.
    The interview process was long but they were very fast and efficient about it. I visited Intel 9 times overall before getting the offer. I interviewed for a very specialized group and the questions in the interview were at no point difficult. They were more trying to see if I was the right fit as their requirements were very wide ranging.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest failure in your educational life? What was your biggest success?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

Phone interview: asked easy questions. Most are on glassdoor.
    On site Interview:
    Very nice arrangements for travel and hotel.
    Interview process was very good.
    Kind and relaxed interviewers.
    Asked everything about operating systems.
    Everything from hardware to software.
    Study Operating systems from Modern Operating Systems by Tenenbaum.
    Computer System architecture. Virtual memory, addressing.
    Questions:

1. Implement functions (in C) for insertion, removal of nodes from circular queue using arrays.
    2. Implement array reversal without iteration.
    3. Remove any node from Linked List. Remove the node which is the easiest to remove. Write code in C.
    4. What is the address in C code when we write &a. a is a variable. is it virtual address or physical address.
    5. Questions on projects on resume.

Great interviewers, remain calm.

Interview Questions

• Array reverse without using iteration. Code in C.   3 Answers

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Had 2 sets of phone Interview . First round was simple mostly the interviewer asking some basic OOD question and my past projects.

Second Round was all technical questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiation as it was for internship.

Senior Interaction Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

The process was very similar to my experiences interviewing with other IT companies in Silicon Valley: first a recruiter contacts you via LinkedIn, you have a brief chat on the phone, then another HR person approaches you via email and arranges a f2f meeting with you and the hiring team. The on-site interview took 5 hours and included a 45-minute portfolio presentation to the group followed by four individual one-on-ones with the team members. They took a long time to get back to me after that but even though I didn't get selected (then), I appreciated the hiring manager calling me personally to tell the news instead of having someone from the HR send me a mass email.

Interview Questions

• There was one older gentleman who had been with Intel for 20-something years who grilled me on "why does Intel need to worry about the end users" and asked very detailed questions about how I would have solved this and that problem had I been an Intel employee which I found a bit uncomfortable. He was clearly one of those "dinosaurs" whose manager had told him out of the blue to become more user-centered, UX oriented etc. and he didn't understand why.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was very pleased with the offer and didn't feel the need to negotiate.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Review resume frst then pick 2-3 candidates for the phone interview. With a minor technical questions, pick 1-2 persons for the on-site interview. During the onsite interview, mostly see the behavior and potential whether he/she can co-work with team members.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to be a tool owner as a process engineer?   Answer Question

Design Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

1 phone interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by my hiring manager for a position as a result of a resume drop off at career fair at my university. I was a Computer Engineer who wanted to work on digital hardware (specifically Computer Architecture) but I had strong software skills as well. I had a single phone screen interview in which I was asked basic software questions. From that, I was brought on-site in Santa Clara facing 4 interviewers. I had one interview where I was quizzed on basic computer architecture; one interview focused solely on software design principles (no coding problems however); one general interview to feel out my college curriculum experience; one final interview to feel out my ambitions and desires in regards to work. After that, I spoke with the hiring manager who just wanted to get a feel or my personality. In all, it was a very easy interview for me because I was not grilled hard in any one technical area.

Interview Questions

• I was asked some pretty tough architect questions relating to Design For Test principles, cache architecture, pipeline construction. I don't remember the specifics from 2+ years ago however.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I received a very good offer from the HR departnebt compared to some other companies I interviewed with. They explained the offer was a standard one for my grade level (Masters = Grade Level 5 @ Intel) that was not negotiable. There was a sizable moving bonus as well. Not much of a negotiator, I felt comfortable accepting it without making a fuss.