Intel Corporation Interview Questions in Santa Clara, CA | Glassdoor

2.9

129 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineering Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

The interview process was rigorous and thorough as there are only a select number of hires for this program but no longer than a normal engineering interview process for PhD/SM candidates.
    1 - Initial Phone Screen with Program Manager/Recruiter
    2 - Initial Phone Screen with a potential Project Lead (30mins+, discussion of technical work and synchronicity with potential project ideas/work)
    3 - On-Site interview with multiple project leads (1:1 interactions & group/panel )

Interview Questions

• Be able to succinctly explain your 1-2 technical accomplishments in detail as if you were giving a mini dissertation defense. Be able to talk about those projects with understanding of the risks taken, technical caveats/implications, product application and/or the technical contribution to either industry of your field of study. Also, how these prepare you to quickly and effectively contribute on a high level!   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Typical process, meeting hiring manager, a few engineers from the team asking about programming questions, explain my past projects. My past experience helps as I had to do project management, software development, and remote team collaborations. Not necessary that I do this at current company, but good that I'm not only just a coder.

Interview Questions

• Flexibility in working/helping on different projects. Seems like a team where everybody pitch in as needed.   Answer Question

Design Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

6 people in one day. Half technical and half procedure related. No quiz, just ordinary day-to-day work questions. No HR involvement at all. And they do call all of my referrals.

Interview Questions

• what is the your normal flow of development cycle for a chip?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Submitted Resume on Intel Jobs site
    Received prescreening phone call from Engineering Manager
    Phone interviews, one hour each with the Project Manager and the Software Director
    One hour in person interview with the Project Manager
    In person interview with Software Director over lunch
    In person personality interview with the Engineering Manager

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter
    After 1 week, hiring manager contacted me to setup a phone screen in 3 days.
    Phone screen took about 1 hour, all related to what listed on the resume
    Got on site right after the phone screen.
    On site after 10 days, 4 1-1 interviews, interviewers are very friendly and professional. Questions are based on what are listed on the resume, and some other job responsibility for the position, the interviewers can tolerant you have no experience on the requirements of the position, but more importantly, they want to know my ability of solving the problems. And they care more about how deeply I understand my hands on experience.
    Hope these helps! And good luck to myself and all of you!

Interview Questions

• DCG related, how to fix timing?
      Verilog RTL case x, case z, DFF, Dlatch
      Perl scripting
      TCL scripting in PT ICC
      Design patitioning   1 Answer

Systems Validation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

interview process three weeks. first round was phone interview. after one week they called for on-site interview. they asked pretty much basic questions. it had 6 interviews with different members of the team. they asked about projects and little bit of PERL coding and C++. They gave me the offer letter one week after on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• basic questions about CMOS, Noise Margin, PERL regular expressions.   Answer Question

Product Marketing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

There was no interview process as I had already done a DOT assignment for the position. This meant I had covered the position while the person was on sabbatical.

Interview Questions

• Position is open, you are our #1 choice, do you want the position?   1 Answer

Signal Integrity Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I am an experienced candidate. Most interviewers respect to your knowledge and experience in the entire process, including principle engineers. the questions cover all the job related areas and some of them are quite deep. Communication is quite encouraging and easy going. I have a chance to meet most of the team member in the interview or at the casual lunch. The lunch is paid by Intel.

Interview Questions

• One question is kind of out of my expertise field, but as long as you show a good fundamental logic, it is fine. This maybe a test to see how you deal with a non-familiar problem.   Answer Question

Program Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by my manager through email, and the entire process took about two weeks. I only had one phone interview, but it was about one hour and fifteen minutes long. Most of the questions were behavioral, but after those were finished, I was asked a few technical and marketing/pricing questions.

Interview Questions

• Intel is trying to switch to a Salesforce CRM, but many of the employees are reluctant. What would you implement in order to reach a solution?   1 Answer

Software Build Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone screen with HR (non technical) followed by phone screen with hiring manager (non technical), followed by on site interview. This was with 3 groups of 3 people each. It was very technical with coding questions to be solved on the whiteboard.

Interview Questions

• Data structures, algorithms, and scripting questions. Potential solutions to some problems that the team already faced.   Answer Question