Intel Corporation Interview Questions in Santa Clara, CA | Glassdoor

2.9

129 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Just kind of called out of the blue. They didnt really interview me on much just asked basic c questions. Kind of easy to tell you the truth. If you have taken any sort of class in c your golden.

Negotiation

Nothing.

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

I was hired as an intern then during internship interviewed for a fulltime position when graduated from college. Overall, this was the easiest software developer interview I had ever done. After 1 phone interview they brought me to their office. I then did 4 in-person interviews. 2 were technical and 2 were more business/soft skills/personality.

Interview Questions

• I reversed a string. They questioned on basic object-oriented design. Gave me a basic situation and asked for me to design an overall class diagram of objects and functions I would need.
      One interview asked me a difficult SQL question at the beginning, I wasn't able to answer correctly. They then said they were done because the next questions were harder and left the room, was extremely rude. Still got the job though, I never had to work with that person thankfully.   Answer Question

Negotiation

HR emailed me with offer. I tried to negotiate they said offer is not-negotiable.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Got an email from a hiring manager about setting up an interview for an internship. Interviewed over the phone (a basic chat to see if the team was a good fit for me and my basic understanding of the job I would have to do) and got an email a week later with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• No super technical questions. Just concept questions. No need to provide solutions.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

The interview included MS Project package, which I had to review and present it to a panel of interviewers. But post interview I was hired quickly. All went very smoothly.

Rotation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in December 2010.

Interview

Typically for engineers involves both a behavioral and a technical interviewPrimarily based around an informal behavioral interview for me as the only technical questions they had was for electrical engineering, but that was not my field, so it was a bit awkward. But this will vary greatly from group to group.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time where you had to work in a team where someone didn't contribute. What did you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They did not negotiate at all.

Graduate Technical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Had two simple interviews. Questions were directly related to previous work done, from resume. Process took about 3 weeks. One interview was taken by a Software Engineer and the other was with the Manager,over all discussion about the team, project, job role. It was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• All questions were from the projects and simple algos and data structures   Answer Question

Bluetooth Physical Layer Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

The whole on-site interview was disorganized and chaotic. First, I was made to wait over 30 mins in the freezing lobby in mid-Nov before the hiring manager showed up. From that point every interview was delayed. 2 out of 6 interviewers did not show up and apparently there was no prior communication about this. This forced the other interviewers to just sit around and make small talk with me for over an hour. The interviewers that showed up confessed that my experience and education was way different from theirs and hardly asked anything technical. I was surprised given that the Hiring Manager had obviously seen my resume before inviting me.There was really only one technical interview which I thought I did quite well. But after the interviews there was no feedback for a month until I emailed HR who replied back with a curt "thanks but we hired someone else". Overall a very negative experience and one I didn't expect from a respected company like Intel.

Interview Questions

• A few basic questions on Digital and wireless communications, estimation theory, random processes etc. Mostly questions based on work I had done before.   Answer Question

Intel Corporation Response

Apr 21, 2015 – Talent Branding Solutions Manager

Thank you for taking the time to bring your experience to our attention. I want to apologize for the negative interview experience you had at Intel. While we strive as a company to provide a great... More

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the hiring manager who asked me to talk about my previous work experience and the relevant coursework. I was also asked some basic technical questions related to C++. After this i was called for an onsite interview which had two rounds. One was technical where i was asked questions related to Embedded Systems and Operating Systems.After this it was similar to a HR round where I was supposed to answer how I reacted to various situations at my previous work place.

Interview Questions

• Differences between Mutex and Semaphore...What is a Spin lock ? ....When would you use each of these? ..Difference between Structure and Union...   Answer Question

Program Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by my manager through email, and the entire process took about two weeks. I only had one phone interview, but it was about one hour and fifteen minutes long. Most of the questions were behavioral, but after those were finished, I was asked a few technical and marketing/pricing questions.

Interview Questions

• Intel is trying to switch to a Salesforce CRM, but many of the employees are reluctant. What would you implement in order to reach a solution?   1 Answer

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

It was a straightforward interview process. Standard Behavior questions, couple of technical questions were asked. It is important to research about Intel and its products and the group you are specifically applying to. Intel gives a lot of importance to ethics and compliance. A small section of interview questions might revolve around this. It is also important to be aware of 6 core values of Intel and prepare your responses to exhibit these values.

Interview Questions

• Why are interested in this position? And in Intel?   Answer Question
    • What is your approach to learning and development   1 Answer