Intel Corporation Interview Questions in Santa Clara, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 18, 2017

2.9

None - Recruited By Hiring Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Hiring manager called me and asked if I would be interested in an HR role with the company. The next week went into the Intel Offices in Santa Clara to interview. Two HR people were on the phone and one was in the room with me.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to read a paragraph regarding an employee relations issue and walk them through what I would do in the situation.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Met with hiring managers at a college career fair. Talked to them and then also applied online. After a while I got an email confirming they received my application and then a phone call after. I traveled to their headquarters and then went through the interview process. Overall it was pretty easy, no reason to be worried.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

it is a nice experience. first round was phone interview, and invited to be onsite. Talked to 5 people in 4 hours. They are patience and provided clear explaination for questions. It was white boarding coding. computer basic questions, algorithms and data structure

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

It was a straightforward interview process. Standard Behavior questions, couple of technical questions were asked. It is important to research about Intel and its products and the group you are specifically applying to. Intel gives a lot of importance to ethics and compliance. A small section of interview questions might revolve around this. It is also important to be aware of 6 core values of Intel and prepare your responses to exhibit these values.

Interview Questions

• Why are interested in this position? And in Intel?   Answer Question
    • What is your approach to learning and development   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

It was a great interview. Ask a lot of technical questions and had 2 phone interviews. Study all the stuff you learned in school and you will be alright. Also, each phone interview was about an hour. They want the very best and to be the best, you have to show them how creative you can be.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us and why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Bluetooth Physical Layer Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

The whole on-site interview was disorganized and chaotic. First, I was made to wait over 30 mins in the freezing lobby in mid-Nov before the hiring manager showed up. From that point every interview was delayed. 2 out of 6 interviewers did not show up and apparently there was no prior communication about this. This forced the other interviewers to just sit around and make small talk with me for over an hour. The interviewers that showed up confessed that my experience and education was way different from theirs and hardly asked anything technical. I was surprised given that the Hiring Manager had obviously seen my resume before inviting me.There was really only one technical interview which I thought I did quite well. But after the interviews there was no feedback for a month until I emailed HR who replied back with a curt "thanks but we hired someone else". Overall a very negative experience and one I didn't expect from a respected company like Intel.

Interview Questions

• A few basic questions on Digital and wireless communications, estimation theory, random processes etc. Mostly questions based on work I had done before.   Answer Question

Intel Corporation Response

Apr 21, 2015 – Talent Branding Solutions Manager

Thank you for taking the time to bring your experience to our attention. I want to apologize for the negative interview experience you had at Intel. While we strive as a company to provide a great ... More

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Be as proactive as u can. Talk to people, ask for an interview with the hiring manager, talk to his staff/admin, find what are looking for before going to the formal interview. Come prepared with at least 3 STAR examples. Prepare GREAT questions to ask. Follow up with personal handwritten notes of thanks.

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Went thru two phone & two on-site 1:1 interviews including the hiring manager. Took 2 weeks to start first interview. No duplicate questions (seemed to be a good role play) and required good speech/presentation skills.

Interview Questions

• How would you prioritize internal conflicts or conclude a situation where your manager and his/her manager has different agenda?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I was very impressed that the process moved so fast. No delays. The whole process took a fraction of the time it would take at other big companies. Had two rounds of phone interviews then was called onsite. At the onsite interview I had 7 rounds of interviews, one hour each. The first was with senior manager and focused on behavioral, goals questions and then basic questions from what I had written on my resume. The next 5 were technical. I was tested on C, Java because that was what I said I was most comfortable with. Questions ranged from knowledge of the language e.g questions about how the garbage collector in java works, to coding questions on trees, pointers, recursion, string manipulation, arrays etc. Some interviewers also asked computer architecture questions e.g. caches, superscalar processor design etc... The last meeting was with project manager. Asked few questions concerning whether I liked group members and projects being worked on.

All in all the interviewers were very focused, professional, bright and helpful. It felt more like an interesting intellectual conversation than an interview.

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

First I had a phone interview with recruiter. The recruiter referred me to the hiring manager. Before the hiring manager talked to me she asked employees for their input on me. Then I was invited to meet with the hiring manger in person. At the last minute she changed it to a video conference call. i was asked basic behavioral type interview questions.

Interview Questions

• how would you deal with a specific situation the team was currently facing   1 Answer