Intel Corporation Interview Questions in Santa Clara, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 18, 2017

2.9

CPU Design Verification Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Telephonic interview: Interviewed over the phone. Mostly on Cache coherence, Computer Architecture, C programming, etc.
    Then was flown in for Onsite interview in Santa clara:
    Total 5 1:1 interviews. All but 1 looked very senior managers with great demeanor. Interviewers were very calm and composed and we had great discussions on my past projects and experience. Gave me lot of situational problems. All in all very positive experience, thoroughly enjoyed the process.
    After the interview, we had a lot of discussion on what intel was doing currently and what are the challenges industry is facing.

Interview Questions

• Lot about past experience and projects, Arbiter design, OOPS concepts, scripting, verilog, Asynchronous/synchronous FIFO, Computer Architecture, Verification concepts. However most of it was focussed on prior experience.   Answer Question

Transaction Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

One on one interview with the supervisor.
    Asked about previous work experience mostly related to purchase order procedures. Interviewer explained the role in the company and questioned what I wanted to get out of the position.
    Did basic Excel tests to prove competency such as pivot tables and Vlookup.
    Said there may be a 2nd round of interview depending on how many candidates were left.

Interview Questions

• Explain the process from the start of a purchase order until it is closed in the system.   Answer Question

Product Develop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

The interview was based on the type of job that was being offered . The interviewer posed scenario based questions and asked me to apply the relevant skillset to approach the problem. One round of interview also consisted of answering fundamentals of Computer architecture and VLSI

Interview Questions

• Describe the workings of inverter   1 Answer

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2009.

Interview

6 people interviewed each for 1/2 hr

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2009.

Interview

Basic background check by hiring manager: years of experiences, when was the last graduation, what classes taken.
    Specific questions (all technical) asked by senior engineers: Opamps functions/characteristics. How to define certain specs. Logics/Coding.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to leave your current position   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2007.

Interview

The interviewer asked a series of questions, some which related to the job, others that seemed a bit odd. One question that struck me as odd, and maybe it was the wording, was to name a time when I had to use library research. Now, I am in a department in school that relies on peer-reviewed journals and such to do most of my research, most of which can be found in online databases. It was probably nerves, but the word "library" itself made me think I needed to talk about in-library experience, which I had very little of because of my school's awesome databases of online resources. My answer could have been stronger.

Also, the interviewer asked me what group within the division I was interviewing for I would prefer, but none of those groups were mentioned online, and the interviewer kind of seemed unwilling to explain what each group did, despite names that were very vague as to what their purpose might be.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you used library research   1 Answer

Design Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in November 2009.

Interview

Met with 4 engineers and the manager of the team. The entire day took roughly 5 hrs to go through (1hr each, with an interview conducted over lunch). The 4 engineers all asked technical questions about layout, but somewhat basic and easy to pass for someone with the right background.

Interview Questions

• Take a point on a surface. How do you know you're contained inside a box?   3 Answers

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

Initial communications via email. Phone interview was setup in one week
    Phone interview went over the work that the group does and my background and skills. In the phone interview was to screen a person that was not fit for the position. I fit the reqs well and communicated the same effectively. 75% of the phone interview was questions about what I had done. I tried to tailor my responses to the position description. The 1:1 consisted of a full day interview with 5 people and a presentation of my research to the rest of the group. The questions were targetted as the people tried to get an understanding of my fit within the group, ability to handle complex questions, level of technical understanding and prowess

Interview Questions

• Describe a conflict that you had with a peer or supervisor and how you resolved it   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation was smooth. They made an offer, I put up a counter and it was accepted immediately.

Component Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

Phone screened for about 45 minutes with a follow up onsite interview. The interview consisted of 7 one-on-one interviews. It seemed as if there was not coordination as many of the interviewers asked the same question and many asked questions outside of my domain experience (which I was explicit about going into the interview).

Interview Questions

• Diagram the frequency response of a signal after it has been passed through a 2X interpolation filter.   Answer Question

The total compensation was not competitive relative to other offers.

MBA Finance Interview

Application

Interview

Interview was a mix of behavioral and case questions. Very nice interviewers. They seem to really like entrepreneurial experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you choose between different possible projects?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiating allowed.