Intel Corporation Interview Questions in Santa Clara, CA | Glassdoor

2.9

130 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Strategic Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Mostly phone calls - the team was new (I was first individual contributor hired). One on site interview with my manager's manager. Talked on the phone with several other managers and ICs in product divisions that I would be working with. Interview process was much more relaxed than I expected.

Interview Questions

• How would I address market segmentation in the semiconductor space.   Answer Question

Director, Human Resources Business Engagement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Never received any status or response. Even though I'm an employee no one ever contacted me with status. I sent several messages with not response. Intel does not do a great job of job growth. People stay in the same roles for many years.

Security Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Initial call from hiring manager, follow up interview with 5 people, some in person - some on phone.
    Follow up call with hiring manager to clarify role. The questions were very technical, and it was important to really know your security. There were also behavioral and team fit type questions.

Interview Questions

• Questions about how encryption vs hashing. About Software development lifecycles. About security process, about validation tools specifically fuzzing.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

It was a great interview. Ask a lot of technical questions and had 2 phone interviews. Study all the stuff you learned in school and you will be alright. Also, each phone interview was about an hour. They want the very best and to be the best, you have to show them how creative you can be.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us and why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Design Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

6 people in one day. Half technical and half procedure related. No quiz, just ordinary day-to-day work questions. No HR involvement at all. And they do call all of my referrals.

Interview Questions

• what is the your normal flow of development cycle for a chip?   Answer Question

Linux Kernel Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

It took about 2 weeks, interviewing with 5 different people within the team. The interview difficulty is above average if you have no experience with C or with linux. Make sure you know basic concepts of operating systems as well

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience have you had in the past working with linux
      What is an inline function/ volatile/static keywords (basic C functions to gauge your competency)   Answer Question

Engineering Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

The interview process was rigorous and thorough as there are only a select number of hires for this program but no longer than a normal engineering interview process for PhD/SM candidates.
    1 - Initial Phone Screen with Program Manager/Recruiter
    2 - Initial Phone Screen with a potential Project Lead (30mins+, discussion of technical work and synchronicity with potential project ideas/work)
    3 - On-Site interview with multiple project leads (1:1 interactions & group/panel )

Interview Questions

• Be able to succinctly explain your 1-2 technical accomplishments in detail as if you were giving a mini dissertation defense. Be able to talk about those projects with understanding of the risks taken, technical caveats/implications, product application and/or the technical contribution to either industry of your field of study. Also, how these prepare you to quickly and effectively contribute on a high level!   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Typical process, meeting hiring manager, a few engineers from the team asking about programming questions, explain my past projects. My past experience helps as I had to do project management, software development, and remote team collaborations. Not necessary that I do this at current company, but good that I'm not only just a coder.

Interview Questions

• Flexibility in working/helping on different projects. Seems like a team where everybody pitch in as needed.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

It was a very positive experience. The interviewers were familiar with my resume. They asked me to talk about some of my prior projects. There were some simple clarifying questions about my role. They told me about their work and asked in some cases how would I do certain things at a high level. Their was one unpleasant interviewer from a different group who was basically accusing me of lying on my resume. I politely stood my ground and I assumed correctly that probably people don not take his opinion seriously.

Interview Questions

• Describe my prior projects mostly and probing some details.   Answer Question

Group Manager, Product Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Originally screened by Recruitment company. Second round was phone interview with hiring manager. Third round I was invited into Santa Clara office and interviewed 1on1 with hiring manager, CMO, and Marketing Director.

Interview Questions

• Provide examples of innovative marketing promotions you have run in past   1 Answer
    • I was asked about my Go To Market experience   1 Answer
    • Asked about ways in which I had differentiated assets and launches from competitors   1 Answer

Negotiation

I negotiated a higher salary to allow for loss of healthcare benefits when compared to my current role.
    I also negotiated start date based on required notice for current role.
    We also discussed my US work visa status and what that meant. I was put in touch with Intel Immigration team who did a fabulous job.