Intel Corporation Interview Questions in Santa Clara, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 11, 2017

2.9

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

Headed to HQ for face2face interview. Three consecutive interviews were conducted by one product manager, one VP, and one product marketing manager.

Interview processes are similar: half behavioral questions and half professional questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you see Intel's recent market challenge?   Answer Question
    • a follow-up questions How do you design a product to overcome that challenge?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2009.

Interview

Hr Screen on phone.
    Phone interview by Manager.
    Followed by onsite interview with three to four collegues.
    Followed by HR call and Salary Negotiation and final offer

Interview Questions

• Unexpected questions arise out of what they are doing rather then what you know.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Please not to be desparate in accepting the job and you will loose the negotiation chance.

Legal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Phone call, 1:1 in person, and then a round of in person interviews. Very interesting, cutting edge work. The position changed in scope over time. I was led to believe that I would get the job, and then did not, due to the changed scope. The people were very nice, professional, laid back. The atmosphere was cold. Labyrinths of of drab cubicles, lots of Lenovo ThinkPads, limited facilities for food, beverages or snacks. Seemed like the building would be a tough place for a creative person to work. It was very different from a typical Silicon Valley startup (ironic, since Intel is the ultimate Silicon Valley success story).

Interview Questions

• Unexpectedly easy questions. I would have liked to have been challenged so that I could have shined brighter.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

I received an email from my department asking me to send my resume to a Software Engineer position at Intel. I sent my resume and after about a month, I was contacted directly by a Team lead from the Power Management group at Intel. They asked me my preferred date and time for the phone interview and I scheduled it a week later.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

got 1 phone round and 5 panel on site interview

Interview Questions

• can we use latch to sync cross clock domain   1 Answer

low pay and job description was not my match

Process and Device Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Initial interview was in-person and on campus with the hiring manager. At the end of the interview, I was invited for a formal interview at Intel Labs in Santa Clara the following week. The formal interview consisted of six 1:1 interviews (~20 minutes each) with group members, and two phone interviews with senior managers.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

standard interview, phone interview to screen if you have the qualification they are looking for. face-to-face interview with individuals including hiring manager and co workers.

Engineering Interview

Application

Interview

I applied on-line and the interview consisted of a Phone Interview, two 1:1 Interview and a Group/Panel Interview. Initial interview was with the hiring manager. At the end of the interview, I was told the decision will come in two weeks.

Interview Questions

• where do you want to work?   1 Answer
    • what do you look for through work?   1 Answer

Graduate Technical Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

Questions from previous work experience, digital design and computer architecture

What is pipelining?
    What is paging?
    Difference between sequential circuits and combinational circuits?
    State machine questions
    Virtual memory
    Cache coherency
    Cache types and techniques to improve cache performance

Interview Questions

• describing an old project that I had worked on   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in December 2008.

Interview

Interview came about through personal contact. Started with phone interviews with hiring manager and team members. Some group interviews. I actually interviewed for two positions within Intel at the same time, by chance. The most important thing about Intel is that they believe an employee or candidate will be able to change job descriptions within a certain range of fields. This leads to better opportunities for the candidate and for the company.

Interview Questions

• Not too many difficult questions. Most challenging questions came from potential peers, trying to understand how I would fit with the team.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not too much room for negotiation. Advise that candidates talk to friends within Intel to better understand Grade structure, salary, and bonus target system.