Intel Corporation Interview Questions in Santa Clara, CA | Glassdoor

2.9

130 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Component Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

Phone screened for about 45 minutes with a follow up onsite interview. The interview consisted of 7 one-on-one interviews. It seemed as if there was not coordination as many of the interviewers asked the same question and many asked questions outside of my domain experience (which I was explicit about going into the interview).

Interview Questions

• Diagram the frequency response of a signal after it has been passed through a 2X interpolation filter.   Answer Question

The total compensation was not competitive relative to other offers.

MBA Finance Interview

Application

Interview

Interview was a mix of behavioral and case questions. Very nice interviewers. They seem to really like entrepreneurial experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you choose between different possible projects?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiating allowed.

Pre Silicon Verification Interview

Application

Interview

I had 1 hour of Phone interview for the pre silicon verification. The person who interviewed me was a nice and very experienced person. He was more into RTL coding.
    He asked me completely on Computer Architecture subject. Like Pipelinig, Hazards of it, Cache memories, Virtual Memories. Also he asked me how much of VHDL I knew and when was it used last.
    One Digital logic question (Pretty easy one)
    This was for a Recent College Graduate position.

Good luck!

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

First, recruiter recommendation plus resume revisions. Second, a phone interviews and in formal meetings. Third, on site interview with internal team members and the main contact.

The company seems to be driven to promote from the inside, which is both a plus and a minus. Coming in as a lateral, it seemed as though I would have faced large hurdles I was forewarned of the company's general siloing, and institutional patterns that make it perhaps difficult to change. I enjoyed the idea of working with smart people, but did not relish that if they had well-established turfs that they were defending.

I did not pursue this opportunity very hard the further I was exposed to the environment, and that was obviously noted.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a markup on a markup?   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

Headed to HQ for face2face interview. Three consecutive interviews were conducted by one product manager, one VP, and one product marketing manager.

Interview processes are similar: half behavioral questions and half professional questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you see Intel's recent market challenge?   Answer Question
    • a follow-up questions How do you design a product to overcome that challenge?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2009.

Interview

Hr Screen on phone.
    Phone interview by Manager.
    Followed by onsite interview with three to four collegues.
    Followed by HR call and Salary Negotiation and final offer

Interview Questions

• Unexpected questions arise out of what they are doing rather then what you know.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Please not to be desparate in accepting the job and you will loose the negotiation chance.

Legal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Phone call, 1:1 in person, and then a round of in person interviews. Very interesting, cutting edge work. The position changed in scope over time. I was led to believe that I would get the job, and then did not, due to the changed scope. The people were very nice, professional, laid back. The atmosphere was cold. Labyrinths of of drab cubicles, lots of Lenovo ThinkPads, limited facilities for food, beverages or snacks. Seemed like the building would be a tough place for a creative person to work. It was very different from a typical Silicon Valley startup (ironic, since Intel is the ultimate Silicon Valley success story).

Interview Questions

• Unexpectedly easy questions. I would have liked to have been challenged so that I could have shined brighter.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

I received an email from my department asking me to send my resume to a Software Engineer position at Intel. I sent my resume and after about a month, I was contacted directly by a Team lead from the Power Management group at Intel. They asked me my preferred date and time for the phone interview and I scheduled it a week later.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

got 1 phone round and 5 panel on site interview

Interview Questions

• can we use latch to sync cross clock domain   1 Answer

low pay and job description was not my match

Process and Device Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Initial interview was in-person and on campus with the hiring manager. At the end of the interview, I was invited for a formal interview at Intel Labs in Santa Clara the following week. The formal interview consisted of six 1:1 interviews (~20 minutes each) with group members, and two phone interviews with senior managers.