Intel Corporation Senior Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Nov 5, 2020

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Intel Corporation

3.4
HardAverageEasy
Found 28 candidate interviews
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (United States) in Oct 2020

Interview

I interviewed with Intel through an MBA career conference. I was reached out to by a hiring manager for a quick screen prior to being offered an interview. To pass the phone screen, have a good reason for why you're interested in the role, it's pretty low-threat. The interview process consisted of two virtual 45 minute interviews separated by a week. It was mostly behavioral, with one small case-type question each. They made offers within a week.

Interview Questions
  • You are a financial analyst supporting a business unit where your primary supplier is planning a 20% price hike. How would you use data and analytics to address this problem?
    Answer Question
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (United States)

Interview

The interview consisted of two 30 minute interviews. Questions varied from behavioral to mini case questions very much so geared toward understanding your thought process and how you work with others.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you took a leadership role in a project?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in Oct 2018

Interview

Two one on one interviews with two senior managers in finance. They asked a mix of behavioral and technical finance questions. The interviewers were very nice and overall it was a positive experience.

Interview Questions
  • How would you use statistics to support a marketing decision?
Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI
Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Detroit, MI) in Sep 2018

Interview

I had interviewed at NBMBA conference in Detriot. It was two one-hour long interviews with two different interviewers. It was a very technical finance driven interviews. Brush up on your financial lingo. Overall nice people

Interview Questions
  • How would you improve forecasting error margins ? What would you do is your supplier increased cost of raw materials? What metrics would you use to make business decisions? What happens if a group you support is against cutting costs, what would you do?
Anonymous Employee in Ayer Itam
Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Ayer Itam) in Apr 2018

Interview

One phone call interview conducted by 1 direct reporting manager and 1 hiring manager checking about technical knowledge and self describe of own background. Second face to face interview with financial controller.

Interview Questions
  • 1st interview test about technical knowledge related to job scope applied and self describe about own background. 2nd interview is high level questions about problem solving and quick casual chat.
Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (New York, NY)

Interview

I got an interview through a classmate that was already working there. I was scheduled three interviews back to back. I was called the same day with an offer. I started two weeks later.

Interview Questions
Intel Corporation
Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Austin, TX) in Oct 2016

Interview

A one round, cut to the point, two-managers led interview. Tested candidates based on their fundamental finance knowledge as well as other past experience related questions. The pre-interview dinner was great because it was in a small-group setting, and I had the chance to talk to everyone and ask about their experience. This set me up well for next day's interview!

Interview Questions
  • Based on your past experience interning with other semiconductor companies, how does Intel compare to them?
Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
Application

I applied online. The process took 4 months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in Jan 2015

Interview

It was a straightforward interview process. Standard Behavior questions, couple of technical questions were asked. It is important to research about Intel and its products and the group you are specifically applying to. Intel gives a lot of importance to ethics and compliance. A small section of interview questions might revolve around this. It is also important to be aware of 6 core values of Intel and prepare your responses to exhibit these values.

Interview Questions
  • Why are interested in this position? And in Intel?
  • What is your approach to learning and development
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in Oct 2013

Interview

I was initially contacted by Intel after signing up for a career conference. At the career fair, Intel conducted two back to back hour long interviews by members of their Operational Finance team. Both interviews were one on one. Each interview was the same in that there were a mix of behavioral questions (pretty standard questions with a general theme of being able to influence a decision in an organization) and a mix of hypothetical manufacturing finance questions. I was invited to Hillsboro, Oregon for the second and final round of interviews. In Oregon I went through two additional one hour interviews. The first interview was more of a consulting style "case" interview; however, at the time I had no idea what a case interview was and still managed to get my way through it. The second interview was yet another behavioral interview. The second round interviews were surprisingly similar to the first round in both difficulty and content. Intel invites you out for the weekend to get acclimated to the Oregon area and to attend a couple of networking events. There's a certain culture that exists in Oregon and a lot of the employees seem to be originally from that area.

Interview Questions
  • The selling price of CPUs is going down and the cost of producing CPUs is going up. What would you look at to respond to this situation?
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at Intel Corporation (United States)

Interview

did a phone interview and was brought on campus for all day 2nd round interviews. After the process, I was made an offer and given a number of site options to consider. Was given sometime to accept offer. Offer came with base salary, sign on bonus and relo. Later was sent some job openings to consider.

Interview Questions
Viewing 1 - 10 of 28