Intel Corporation Senior Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intel Corporation Senior Financial Analyst Interview Questions

3.4

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2012.

Interview

Interview consisted of two one hour interviews. The questions were a mix of behavioral and technical. The interviewers were very aggressive and confrontational. The interview ended with a 15 minute role-play in conflicted resolution mixed with technical finance questions. The interviewer assumed the role of an angry engineer whose project I had just canceled and I had to resolve the problem. Not fun.

Interview Questions

• Asked the same questions 5 times until I had to say that I had no further input.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in October 2012.

Interview

The position and hiring process was exclusive to recent college graduates through the university. The application was submitted through university system> I was notified a few days later that I was an invited for an interview at the expected date and time later that week. The interview process included two back-to-back 1-on-1 interviews with different recruiters. I was notified 2 weeks later through the university system that I would not be invited for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• The majority of the interview consisted of behavioral questions. There were some technical questions mixed, but these were designed to tease out behavior and cultural fit as well.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in October 2012.

Interview

I was applied through university career website and was selected for campus interview. There were two interviews 45 mins long one after another. The interviewers were warm and friendly and asked mostly the behavioral questions. Second interviewer asked some finance related questions about ROI, NPV and WACC.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

The position was posted on a campus job board. I applied and was contacted in about 10 days to schedule an on-campus interview. The initial interview was with 2 employees in Intel finance that were volunteering their time. They were back-to-back 30 minute interviews, the first was a structured behavioral interview and the second was a role-playing exercise. I was selected and notified to travel to Portland for a second round of interviews. Candidates (about 12) were told that we were not competing against each other, the interviews were to to test fit and qualification for the position. There was a presentation about the benefits and then we had 3 individual, one-hour interviews which were again, structured, behavioral interviews. I was notified within 10 days that I would not receive an offer and told why. It was a lengthy process, but came across as fair and relevant.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you used creativity to solve a problem at work.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2012.

Interview

Back to back interviews. 1 purely behavioral; 1 based on a case study surrounding a case study.

Interview Questions

• I had 12 minutes to calculate NPVs and recommend an investment strategy.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Waiting to hear back

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2010.

Interview

It was 2 phone interviews one after the other. RCG positions for senior
    financial analyst.

Interview Questions

• When I say internal controls - what comes to your mind ?   1 Answer
    • What Intel products interest you ?
      Follow up question : Do you think Intel will be successful
      in this product 5 yrs from now ?
      Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2011.

Interview

Two back to back 1:1 interviews on campus. I was interviewing for a finance summer internship position. Both technical and fit questions. I was also asked about some industry trends and what I thought about Intel's strategy going forward. We talked about different valuations methods, what to do when faced with certain difficulties, SOX, internal vs. external auditors, and Intel's McAfee purchase. The interviewers were quite friendly and nice, but some questions were tough and quite specific.

Interview Questions

• The company is thinking of using a price reduction strategy, how would you go about evaluating this decision?   Answer Question
    • What do you think about the McAfee purchase?   1 Answer
    • What do you think keeps our CEO/CFO up at night?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see Intel in 5 and 10 years?   Answer Question
    • You have a line of products and you need to decide which ones to produce, since your factory is already running at max capacity and you can't produce all of them. How would you go about making this decision?   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2010.

Interview

First round consisted of on campus interview with a manager and a phone interview. Second round consisted of a group presentation followed by a dinner with current employees and the recruiting manager. The next day, three individual one hour interviews were scheduled followed by lunch with an employee. It was a thorough interview process.

Interview Questions

• A non-financial manager on a project you are assigned to tells you that your discount rate is wrong and that you should use a lower discount rate. Which discount rate do you use? What do you do?   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2007.

Interview

The interview process was very thorough. It began with an hour long phone interview that was mainly assessing financial concepts such as NPV analysis and decision outcomes, make vs. buy analysis etc. The second interview was a 1:1 interview which was mostly financial case studies and personality questions. The interviewers were very knowledgable and professional and I did feel at ease with them.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through the decision process of ranking projects.   Answer Question
    • What other factors should you consider other than NPV to consider a project?   3 Answers

Negotiation

Unfortunately the company doesn' t negotiate pay or benefits but you have the opportunity to negotiate the location. The offer you receive is for a Financial Analyst position and you will be assigned to a group when you are about to come on board.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in October 2013.

Interview

I was initially contacted by Intel after signing up for a career conference. At the career fair, Intel conducted two back to back hour long interviews by members of their Operational Finance team. Both interviews were one on one. Each interview was the same in that there were a mix of behavioral questions (pretty standard questions with a general theme of being able to influence a decision in an organization) and a mix of hypothetical manufacturing finance questions.

I was invited to Hillsboro, Oregon for the second and final round of interviews. In Oregon I went through two additional one hour interviews. The first interview was more of a consulting style "case" interview; however, at the time I had no idea what a case interview was and still managed to get my way through it. The second interview was yet another behavioral interview. The second round interviews were surprisingly similar to the first round in both difficulty and content.

Intel invites you out for the weekend to get acclimated to the Oregon area and to attend a couple of networking events. There's a certain culture that exists in Oregon and a lot of the employees seem to be originally from that area.

Interview Questions

• The selling price of CPUs is going down and the cost of producing CPUs is going up. What would you look at to respond to this situation?   1 Answer

I received an offer at about $101k/yr. My attempt to negotiate didn't go anywhere. Ultimately I decided to decline the offer as the culture of the organization seems to be dominated by engineers, and I feared that as a finance guy, I'd be somewhat of a second-class citizen. I do believe that it's a strong organization and they treat their people well, but ultimately it wasn't for me.