Intel Corporation Senior Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 16, 2017

3.4

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

A one round, cut to the point, two-managers led interview. Tested candidates based on their fundamental finance knowledge as well as other past experience related questions. The pre-interview dinner was great because it was in a small-group setting, and I had the chance to talk to everyone and ask about their experience. This set me up well for next day's interview!

Interview Questions

• Based on your past experience interning with other semiconductor companies, how does Intel compare to them?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

It was a straightforward interview process. Standard Behavior questions, couple of technical questions were asked. It is important to research about Intel and its products and the group you are specifically applying to. Intel gives a lot of importance to ethics and compliance. A small section of interview questions might revolve around this. It is also important to be aware of 6 core values of Intel and prepare your responses to exhibit these values.

Interview Questions

• Why are interested in this position? And in Intel?   Answer Question
    • What is your approach to learning and development   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in October 2013.

Interview

I was initially contacted by Intel after signing up for a career conference. At the career fair, Intel conducted two back to back hour long interviews by members of their Operational Finance team. Both interviews were one on one. Each interview was the same in that there were a mix of behavioral questions (pretty standard questions with a general theme of being able to influence a decision in an organization) and a mix of hypothetical manufacturing finance questions.

I was invited to Hillsboro, Oregon for the second and final round of interviews. In Oregon I went through two additional one hour interviews. The first interview was more of a consulting style "case" interview; however, at the time I had no idea what a case interview was and still managed to get my way through it. The second interview was yet another behavioral interview. The second round interviews were surprisingly similar to the first round in both difficulty and content.

Intel invites you out for the weekend to get acclimated to the Oregon area and to attend a couple of networking events. There's a certain culture that exists in Oregon and a lot of the employees seem to be originally from that area.

Interview Questions

• The selling price of CPUs is going down and the cost of producing CPUs is going up. What would you look at to respond to this situation?   1 Answer

I received an offer at about $101k/yr. My attempt to negotiate didn't go anywhere. Ultimately I decided to decline the offer as the culture of the organization seems to be dominated by engineers, and I feared that as a finance guy, I'd be somewhat of a second-class citizen. I do believe that it's a strong organization and they treat their people well, but ultimately it wasn't for me.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

did a phone interview and was brought on campus for all day 2nd round interviews. After the process, I was made an offer and given a number of site options to consider. Was given sometime to accept offer. Offer came with base salary, sign on bonus and relo. Later was sent some job openings to consider.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in October 2012.

Interview

The position and hiring process was exclusive to recent college graduates through the university. The application was submitted through university system> I was notified a few days later that I was an invited for an interview at the expected date and time later that week. The interview process included two back-to-back 1-on-1 interviews with different recruiters. I was notified 2 weeks later through the university system that I would not be invited for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• The majority of the interview consisted of behavioral questions. There were some technical questions mixed, but these were designed to tease out behavior and cultural fit as well.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in October 2012.

Interview

I was applied through university career website and was selected for campus interview. There were two interviews 45 mins long one after another. The interviewers were warm and friendly and asked mostly the behavioral questions. Second interviewer asked some finance related questions about ROI, NPV and WACC.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

Application

I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

2 initial interviews, then final onsite interviews (3)

Interview Questions

• If we could build the frame to a FAB for 1 billion today with the possibility of using it to manufacture what is believed by some to be a revolutionary product. The FAB could cut the time to the market in half if the product goes into production. You have no data to support or fall back on for this product. Should you build the FAB?   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

The position was posted on a campus job board. I applied and was contacted in about 10 days to schedule an on-campus interview. The initial interview was with 2 employees in Intel finance that were volunteering their time. They were back-to-back 30 minute interviews, the first was a structured behavioral interview and the second was a role-playing exercise. I was selected and notified to travel to Portland for a second round of interviews. Candidates (about 12) were told that we were not competing against each other, the interviews were to to test fit and qualification for the position. There was a presentation about the benefits and then we had 3 individual, one-hour interviews which were again, structured, behavioral interviews. I was notified within 10 days that I would not receive an offer and told why. It was a lengthy process, but came across as fair and relevant.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you used creativity to solve a problem at work.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

This was a second round interview and I was flown out to Portland. There were three interviews (behavioral/ technical questions). The event was two days total (dinner, lunch and a happy hour was interspersed over the course of the two days).

Overall people were very friendly and interested in picking the best candidates for the finance rotational program.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2012.

Interview

Back to back interviews. 1 purely behavioral; 1 based on a case study surrounding a case study.

Interview Questions

• I had 12 minutes to calculate NPVs and recommend an investment strategy.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Waiting to hear back