Intel Corporation Senior Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intel Corporation Senior Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Intel Corporation

3.4

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in April 2011.

Interview

Internal transfers into Finance at this company (from another field) require two phone screens, one technical, the other behavioral, but really both are technical. Be warned there is a bias against very technical fields like engineering, so expect s chop on the shoulder of the non-technical interviewer at this engineering company.

Negotiation

There was none for an internal offer.

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Chandler, AZ) in November 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by phone for my first interview, which lasted an hour, and was primarily technically-oriented. My second and third interviews were at a conference, both were mostly behavioral. My last set of interviews was on the Chandler site, and the questions were mostly behavioral.

Interview Questions

• On a buy vs. make question, we delved into the specifics of depreciation expense, and whether or not that would impact the investment decision.   2 Answers

Negotiation

I have not begun the negotiation phase, just received the offer recently.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in October 2011.

Interview

Strangest interview ever. No questions about me, my interests, or my background. Interviewers were stone faced and impersonal. Questions were focused really superficially on determining how well the candidate could play well with others. A couple of technical questions about how I would explain npv and dcf to a project manager. Waste of my time and the other candidates felt the same.

Interview Questions

• Explain and impact of intel wacc to a project manager who wants to use a lower rate to justify his project   3 Answers
    • What do you see as the biggest challenges facing intel in the next five years?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in October 2013.

Interview

I was initially contacted by Intel after signing up for a career conference. At the career fair, Intel conducted two back to back hour long interviews by members of their Operational Finance team. Both interviews were one on one. Each interview was the same in that there were a mix of behavioral questions (pretty standard questions with a general theme of being able to influence a decision in an organization) and a mix of hypothetical manufacturing finance questions.

I was invited to Hillsboro, Oregon for the second and final round of interviews. In Oregon I went through two additional one hour interviews. The first interview was more of a consulting style "case" interview; however, at the time I had no idea what a case interview was and still managed to get my way through it. The second interview was yet another behavioral interview. The second round interviews were surprisingly similar to the first round in both difficulty and content.

Intel invites you out for the weekend to get acclimated to the Oregon area and to attend a couple of networking events. There's a certain culture that exists in Oregon and a lot of the employees seem to be originally from that area.

Interview Questions

• The selling price of CPUs is going down and the cost of producing CPUs is going up. What would you look at to respond to this situation?   1 Answer

I received an offer at about $101k/yr. My attempt to negotiate didn't go anywhere. Ultimately I decided to decline the offer as the culture of the organization seems to be dominated by engineers, and I feared that as a finance guy, I'd be somewhat of a second-class citizen. I do believe that it's a strong organization and they treat their people well, but ultimately it wasn't for me.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

It was a straightforward interview process. Standard Behavior questions, couple of technical questions were asked. It is important to research about Intel and its products and the group you are specifically applying to. Intel gives a lot of importance to ethics and compliance. A small section of interview questions might revolve around this. It is also important to be aware of 6 core values of Intel and prepare your responses to exhibit these values.

Interview Questions

• Why are interested in this position? And in Intel?   Answer Question
    • What is your approach to learning and development   1 Answer

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

Hired upon a successful internship - which was hard work.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

This was a second round interview and I was flown out to Portland. There were three interviews (behavioral/ technical questions). The event was two days total (dinner, lunch and a happy hour was interspersed over the course of the two days).

Overall people were very friendly and interested in picking the best candidates for the finance rotational program.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

The position was posted on a campus job board. I applied and was contacted in about 10 days to schedule an on-campus interview. The initial interview was with 2 employees in Intel finance that were volunteering their time. They were back-to-back 30 minute interviews, the first was a structured behavioral interview and the second was a role-playing exercise. I was selected and notified to travel to Portland for a second round of interviews. Candidates (about 12) were told that we were not competing against each other, the interviews were to to test fit and qualification for the position. There was a presentation about the benefits and then we had 3 individual, one-hour interviews which were again, structured, behavioral interviews. I was notified within 10 days that I would not receive an offer and told why. It was a lengthy process, but came across as fair and relevant.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you used creativity to solve a problem at work.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in October 2012.

Interview

Interview consisted of two one hour interviews. The questions were a mix of behavioral and technical. The interviewers were very aggressive and confrontational. The interview ended with a 15 minute role-play in conflicted resolution mixed with technical finance questions. The interviewer assumed the role of an angry engineer whose project I had just canceled and I had to resolve the problem. Not fun.

Interview Questions

• Asked the same questions 5 times until I had to say that I had no further input.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in September 2010.

Interview

The first communication with the company following my submittal of the application was a screening interview. In this interview, the recruiter asked me some high-level technical questions and a few behavioral.

During the second round, I met with two individuals (separately) for about an hour each. In the second set of interviews, there were a lot more behavioral questions. They asked a variety of the standard "Tell me about a time when..." questions, and a couple related to decision-making.

Interview Questions

• Suppose you were in charge of making the hiring decision for a security service for your office, and during the annual bidding process had an employee approach you regarding their brother, who owned and operated a security company, would you allow their brother to bid for the contract. Why or why not?   2 Answers