Intel Corporation Senior Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intel Corporation Senior Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Intel Corporation

3.4

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2010.

Interview

It was 2 phone interviews one after the other. RCG positions for senior
financial analyst.

Interview Questions

• When I say internal controls - what comes to your mind ?   1 Answer
  • What Intel products interest you ?
    Follow up question : Do you think Intel will be successful
    in this product 5 yrs from now ?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in March 2007.

Interview

The interview process was very thorough. It began with an hour long phone interview that was mainly assessing financial concepts such as NPV analysis and decision outcomes, make vs. buy analysis etc. The second interview was a 1:1 interview which was mostly financial case studies and personality questions. The interviewers were very knowledgable and professional and I did feel at ease with them.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through the decision process of ranking projects.   Answer Question
    • What other factors should you consider other than NPV to consider a project?   3 Answers

Negotiation

Unfortunately the company doesn' t negotiate pay or benefits but you have the opportunity to negotiate the location. The offer you receive is for a Financial Analyst position and you will be assigned to a group when you are about to come on board.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in December 2010.

Interview

First round consisted of on campus interview with a manager and a phone interview. Second round consisted of a group presentation followed by a dinner with current employees and the recruiting manager. The next day, three individual one hour interviews were scheduled followed by lunch with an employee. It was a thorough interview process.

Interview Questions

• A non-financial manager on a project you are assigned to tells you that your discount rate is wrong and that you should use a lower discount rate. Which discount rate do you use? What do you do?   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in February 2011.

Interview

Two back to back 1:1 interviews on campus. I was interviewing for a finance summer internship position. Both technical and fit questions. I was also asked about some industry trends and what I thought about Intel's strategy going forward. We talked about different valuations methods, what to do when faced with certain difficulties, SOX, internal vs. external auditors, and Intel's McAfee purchase. The interviewers were quite friendly and nice, but some questions were tough and quite specific.

Interview Questions

• The company is thinking of using a price reduction strategy, how would you go about evaluating this decision?   Answer Question
    • What do you think about the McAfee purchase?   1 Answer
    • What do you think keeps our CEO/CFO up at night?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see Intel in 5 and 10 years?   Answer Question
    • You have a line of products and you need to decide which ones to produce, since your factory is already running at max capacity and you can't produce all of them. How would you go about making this decision?   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in November 2009.

Interview

The interview process consisted of one informational interview, two screening interviews and a following round of two days on site. My experience included the informational interview followed by both screening interviews, but did not go onto the final round. The second screening interview is contingent upon the first.

Interview Questions

• If an engineer came to you with a superstar idea for a new product that would cost X amount and make the company 2X, while you have a fixed budget, what would be your thought process to decide whether to fund the project or not?   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ayer Itam (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Ayer Itam (Malaysia)) in April 2018.

Interview

One phone call interview conducted by 1 direct reporting manager and 1 hiring manager checking about technical knowledge and self describe of own background. Second face to face interview with financial controller.

Interview Questions

• 1st interview test about technical knowledge related to job scope applied and self describe about own background.
      2nd interview is high level questions about problem solving and quick casual chat.   Answer Question