Find jobs for Senior Process Engineer

Intel Corporation Senior Process Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Nov 8, 2019

To filter interviews, or .
Found 49 of over 4,757.0 interviews

Applied online22%
3.2
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in Sep 2019

Interview

The interview process was very easy. I first met with a recruiter and then spoke with them over the phone. Next the hiring manager contact me by email and we spoke by phone. Next, they sent me to Oregon to meet with the hiring manager and to give a presentation. I found out I received the offer maybe a week later.

Interview Questions
  • Was I willing to work in a fast paced environment?
    2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Ocotillo, Maricopa, AZ, OptionalMISSING VALUE

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Ocotillo, Maricopa, AZ, OptionalMISSING VALUE) in Nov 2018

Interview

15 candidates in room given 30 minute overview of Intel. Then my first 2 interviewers took me to a room, we chatted on the way, very pleasant. I thought I knew one from F20, D1C, or D1D circa 2003-5, but he said he was previously at D2. They both had copies of my resume and obviously read it before the interview. They asked me to talk through the resume briefly. One interviewer is an IC, very sharp. He asked me about my PhD research, e.g. why is ZrB2 a conductor. I replied "I'm not sure, but I think it has to do with XY and Z". He replied "Very interesting. I actually didn't know, and am just curious". He then described his current technical challenges, trying to find key inputs in front end processes that affect chip performance... I offered solitions, he asked if I'd heard of traveling salesman problem ( I replied yes), he then described to algorithms to approach that, I replied that I never heard of those but I was familiar with the ant pheromone simulation to attack the problem. At this point, I realized he wasn't interviewing me so much as we were discussing possible solutions to his current problems. The other interviewer asked stock questions such as "How do you deal with a manager when you strongly disagree with them?" They acknowledged my very strong technical background both at Intel previously (2001-2008) and since 2008 doing aerospace GNC work for my own company. They also asked "Why Intel" which for me was easy to answer. My answer was how solid the closed loop communication is, great ownership of ARs, and it's an exciting time to jump on board just prior to the so-called leakage limit of upcoming 5 nm tech node. The IC interviewer said "When you come to Intel, I mean if you come to Intel, do you prefer manager path, or IC path?" I replied IC path. They also asked how I'd run meetings, specifically how I deal with less experienced engineers. I replied it very important to encourage and not crush their spirits, that they have gift of being more free of limiting assumptions, so they have duty to speak up. Second interview was with a PE and PE GL. Their questions ping ponged between behavioral and technical, though the technical level was trivial, like "tell us about SPC", said with a smirk on interviewer's face. I replied "given the smirk, are you implying something better than SPC has replaced it?" He said "no, im just looking for you to describe SPC". So I spoke from mixture of memory and what memorized on Wikipedia. They seemed satisfied. I also prepared a few dozen questions for all my interviewers, with focus on qualifying quality of life at Intel as a senior engineer. They answered my questions well, though I stated some concerns and possible solutions.

Interview Questions
  • Describe time you strongly disagreed with your boss?

Intel Corporation

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation

Interview

Screening phone call following by onsite all day interview. All day interview consists of intro, technical interview, behavioral interview, thesis presentation, lunch and closing interview. Each interview segment is approximately one hour each except lunch; lunch is about two hours.

Interview Questions
  • Behavior interview - describe the one time you had to challenge some one in a position of authority

Intel Corporation

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in Dec 2017

Interview

I applied online last December and got an email from a hiring manager within a week to set-up a phone interview on Dec. 15. Phone interview went well. He started with some general questions about my Ph.D. degree, GPA, visa status, etc. He then discussed in detail what the process engineering job entails and also gave me some idea of which group I might end up working at. He told me that he would like to invite me for an on-site interview but I still haven't received any confirmation on the schedule.

Interview Questions
  • Do you have any experiment in troubleshooting any equipment?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in Mar 2017

Interview

One full day interview. One hour seminar, 30-40mins one-on-one interviews. The one-on-one interviews were with group leaders and area managers. Mainly covering problem solving skills and interest in joining intel. There was one technical question regarding the job position but was able to answer without any prior knowledge, basic chemistry/physics question. Was told that if no offer is made the I will be notified within a week.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (New York, NY)

Interview

Phone interview for 40 mins and got invited to onsite at the end of phone call. Went onsite for 8 of 1 by 1 interview with 8 group leaders in February. All standard questions. The interview went very well. Interviewers are very nice. I have enjoyed the interview very much. However, after a week, they told me that they are unable to get export license necessity for me so no offer. It's bad luck with export license. This export license required for numbers of controlled country like China, Russia, Vietnam, Myanmar, N Korea,...

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Chicago, IL) in Mar 2016

Interview

It was causal process and the Team area manager seem to like me. They did ask some technical questions and I was able to answer some of them. They did not contact me after the first round probably because of sponsorship issues. But the manager told me to apply again next year

Interview Questions
  • They asked me general questions first, like leadership roles, team building and in the technical round about the process development technology.

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR)

Interview

First get an email. they will collect work authorization info.then atleast 30 mins phone interview about the grad school work. then immediate offer to come onsite for interview. Onsite interview is a whole day process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in Aug 2015

Interview

A few engineers from Intel came to my university to recruit graduating doctoral students. At the end they collected resumes and emailed some students the next day for phone interviews. The phone interview was around a half hour on a Friday, and the interviewer said he would speak with groups at Intel and see if anyone was interested. The following Monday I received an email inviting me to fly out for an interview a week and a half later. The interview day started with a presentation of my thesis work and a technical interview with around 4 engineers. They took me to lunch and then a short tour of the fab, then the afternoon consisted of two interviews with a manager (one level up) and then an area manager (two levels up.)

Interview Questions
  • What is the process you use to troubleshoot problems? Please give an example.
  • What motivates you?
5 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in Jul 2015

Interview

It was a whole day interview process from morning to evening. Research talk was the first thing on the morning followed by technical interview session and lunch with the manager and three more interviews in the evening.

Interview Questions
  • How did you manage to motivate yourself when the work doesn't go as well as you had hoped for?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 49 Interviews