Intel Corporation Senior Process Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intel Corporation Senior Process Engineer Interview Questions

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview for 40 mins and got invited to onsite at the end of phone call. Went onsite for 8 of 1 by 1 interview with 8 group leaders in February.
All standard questions.
The interview went very well. Interviewers are very nice. I have enjoyed the interview very much. However, after a week, they told me that they are unable to get export license necessity for me so no offer. It's bad luck with export license. This export license required for numbers of controlled country like China, Russia, Vietnam, Myanmar, N Korea,...

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

It was causal process and the Team area manager seem to like me. They did ask some technical questions and I was able to answer some of them. They did not contact me after the first round probably because of sponsorship issues. But the manager told me to apply again next year

Interview Questions

• They asked me general questions first, like leadership roles, team building and in the technical round about the process development technology.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR).

Interview

First get an email. they will collect work authorization info.then atleast 30 mins phone interview about the grad school work. then immediate offer to come onsite for interview. Onsite interview is a whole day process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in August 2015.

Interview

A few engineers from Intel came to my university to recruit graduating doctoral students. At the end they collected resumes and emailed some students the next day for phone interviews. The phone interview was around a half hour on a Friday, and the interviewer said he would speak with groups at Intel and see if anyone was interested. The following Monday I received an email inviting me to fly out for an interview a week and a half later.
    The interview day started with a presentation of my thesis work and a technical interview with around 4 engineers. They took me to lunch and then a short tour of the fab, then the afternoon consisted of two interviews with a manager (one level up) and then an area manager (two levels up.)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in July 2015.

Interview

It was a whole day interview process from morning to evening. Research talk was the first thing on the morning followed by technical interview session and lunch with the manager and three more interviews in the evening.

Interview Questions

• How did you manage to motivate yourself when the work doesn't go as well as you had hoped for?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Raleigh, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

general questions about thesis, what are the expectation, what would you do in difficult situation, what if manager is racial and mean, what if coworkers are not working and you notice

Senior Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

phone interview (for 30 minutes about your previous work) and onsite interview (one day interview with meeting with several potential employees and supervisor). An entire processes took for about 2-week

Anonymous Employee in Aloha, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Aloha, OR) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online for a process engineer position in Oct and I was contacted in Jan for a phone interview.

Phone interview was 30 mins with half of it being the hiring manager explaining the organization and the position and the 2nd half of it being related to my PhD work. Nothing unexpected. Mostly soft techanical questions, no behavioral questions. At the end of the phone interview, I was invited to an on-site interview.

On-Site was from 9:30 am - 3:30 pm with 3 panel interviews (1 behavior, 1 technical and 1 with higher up manager), 1 hour for lunch with current engineers and 1 hour campus tour. The panel interviews were with 2 engineers each. The behavioral interview was pretty straight forward with alot of question similar to those posted on Glassdoor. Techanical was pretty straightforward, I brought handouts with my PhD work and explained it and had to explain some situations where I had to do X or Y.

Final interview with the area manager was pretty straightforward, alot of similar questions to the ones asked earlier. Campus tour was nice.

Overall the on-site interview was very straightforward and casual as it could be.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really unexpected. What would you do if your knew your boss was doing something wrong (technically) at work?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I heard back from the hiring manager about a week later and was offered a position. The package was really good and competitive for a RCG PhD student. I didn't really negotiate my base salary but I was able to have a flexible start date (since I'm still trying to wrap everything up with my PhD work) and get particular vacation days for pre-existing stuff.

Senior Process Engineer Interview

Interview

both technical and behavior interviews at the onsite interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation on base.
    sign up and EB can be negotiated.

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in October 2013.

Interview

I went to an info session at my university. I am a PhD candidate in chemistry. I submitted my resume after the info session to the recruiter, and he gave me a call back that night to schedule for a campus interview the next day. During the campus interview, there were two recruiters. They asked about my expected graduation date (which is ~1 yr and 3 months from the date of the interview). They said that they were hiring for people who are graduating within a year from that date, and while they still interviewed me, they said to contact them back in a few months to remind them. At this point, I thought okay, I'm not qualified time-wise. During the campus interview, they asked about the basic idea of what I do in my PhD work, whether or not I have been in charge for an instrument in my research group and what my tasks were. They asked whether I am more comfortable doing wet chemistry or dry chemistry, if I've ever worked with high vacuum, etc. One of the behavioral questions they asked is what I did when I had a conflict with my supervisor and how I feel about working long hours. They also told me about some of the expectations for this position (including being on-call etc). I came out of the interview feeling very neutral (I wasn't sure whether it went well or not since my PhD background is not too relevant to what process engineers do and the fact that my tentative graduation date conflicts with their hiring time frame). The next day after the campus interview, I got a phone call from the recruiter asking if I'd be interested in a second on-site interview at Hillsboro in 2 months. I thought I wasn't considered this round due to my faraway graduation time, but he said there's a leeway so I got a second interview. I was surprised the process was very quick.

2 months later, during the on-site interview which started at 9 am, I was greeted with the first group leader host who I assume put together the schedule for my interview day. He explained to me for 45 mins about the brief history of Intel and the technology. This was followed by my 45-60 min presentation on my PhD work in front of two senior process engineers. Followed by a 1-hr interview by a different group leader in the cafeteria. I went to lunch with the same 2 process engineers who attended my research seminar. This is when I asked them what they really think about their jobs, the pros and cons, and some advice for me. I tried my best to ask them every concern I have regarding the job position and Hillsboro/Portland location. After lunch, I met with the area manager and a different group leader again in the cafeteria. The atmosphere was very casual. Some of the questions they asked are again, what I did in my PhD, what tools I've been in charge of and if I ever had to fix it and what I did, and strangely no behavioral question. Not really any technical question either. In fact, a lot of times the interviewers asked me if I have questions for them. At last, I met again with the first group leader host who asked me how I'm doing and if I have other questions...overall the interview experience was very casual and pleasant although I found it confusing that they weren't asking me a lot of questions (I did a lot of the asking). Again, it's not clear to me whether the interview went amazing or just okay. The group leader host told me I should hear back from them within 2 weeks. I thought I wasn't going to hear back from them after a week of waiting, but I got an offer letter exactly 2 weeks later from the HR.

Interview Questions

• What do you say to your advisor when you don't meet his/her expectations in terms of your research/experimental goals for the week? How did you deal with it?
      Explain to me what instruments/tools you are/were in charge of during your PhD. What did you have to do to maintain the instruments? Did you ever have to fix it yourself?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

In the offer letter I got, the benefits are good. The base salary is really high (higher than my expectation but within the upper range that I was going to negotiate for), but the number they gave me was NOT negotiable. I heard it's based on some calculations they have based on the tier of school you come from and your background (and maybe also how much they really want you to join Intel).