Intel Corporation Senior Process Engineer Interview Questions in Oregon | Glassdoor

Intel Corporation Senior Process Engineer Interview Questions in Oregon

Updated Mar 22, 2017

3.1

27 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR) in March 2017.

Interview

One full day interview. One hour seminar, 30-40mins one-on-one interviews.
The one-on-one interviews were with group leaders and area managers. Mainly covering problem solving skills and interest in joining intel. There was one technical question regarding the job position but was able to answer without any prior knowledge, basic chemistry/physics question.
Was told that if no offer is made the I will be notified within a week.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR).

Interview

First get an email. they will collect work authorization info.then atleast 30 mins phone interview about the grad school work. then immediate offer to come onsite for interview. Onsite interview is a whole day process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in August 2015.

Interview

A few engineers from Intel came to my university to recruit graduating doctoral students. At the end they collected resumes and emailed some students the next day for phone interviews. The phone interview was around a half hour on a Friday, and the interviewer said he would speak with groups at Intel and see if anyone was interested. The following Monday I received an email inviting me to fly out for an interview a week and a half later.
    The interview day started with a presentation of my thesis work and a technical interview with around 4 engineers. They took me to lunch and then a short tour of the fab, then the afternoon consisted of two interviews with a manager (one level up) and then an area manager (two levels up.)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in July 2015.

Interview

It was a whole day interview process from morning to evening. Research talk was the first thing on the morning followed by technical interview session and lunch with the manager and three more interviews in the evening.

Interview Questions

• How did you manage to motivate yourself when the work doesn't go as well as you had hoped for?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Aloha, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Aloha, OR) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online for a process engineer position in Oct and I was contacted in Jan for a phone interview.

Phone interview was 30 mins with half of it being the hiring manager explaining the organization and the position and the 2nd half of it being related to my PhD work. Nothing unexpected. Mostly soft techanical questions, no behavioral questions. At the end of the phone interview, I was invited to an on-site interview.

On-Site was from 9:30 am - 3:30 pm with 3 panel interviews (1 behavior, 1 technical and 1 with higher up manager), 1 hour for lunch with current engineers and 1 hour campus tour. The panel interviews were with 2 engineers each. The behavioral interview was pretty straight forward with alot of question similar to those posted on Glassdoor. Techanical was pretty straightforward, I brought handouts with my PhD work and explained it and had to explain some situations where I had to do X or Y.

Final interview with the area manager was pretty straightforward, alot of similar questions to the ones asked earlier. Campus tour was nice.

Overall the on-site interview was very straightforward and casual as it could be.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really unexpected. What would you do if your knew your boss was doing something wrong (technically) at work?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I heard back from the hiring manager about a week later and was offered a position. The package was really good and competitive for a RCG PhD student. I didn't really negotiate my base salary but I was able to have a flexible start date (since I'm still trying to wrap everything up with my PhD work) and get particular vacation days for pre-existing stuff.

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in October 2013.

Interview

I went to an info session at my university. I am a PhD candidate in chemistry. I submitted my resume after the info session to the recruiter, and he gave me a call back that night to schedule for a campus interview the next day. During the campus interview, there were two recruiters. They asked about my expected graduation date (which is ~1 yr and 3 months from the date of the interview). They said that they were hiring for people who are graduating within a year from that date, and while they still interviewed me, they said to contact them back in a few months to remind them. At this point, I thought okay, I'm not qualified time-wise. During the campus interview, they asked about the basic idea of what I do in my PhD work, whether or not I have been in charge for an instrument in my research group and what my tasks were. They asked whether I am more comfortable doing wet chemistry or dry chemistry, if I've ever worked with high vacuum, etc. One of the behavioral questions they asked is what I did when I had a conflict with my supervisor and how I feel about working long hours. They also told me about some of the expectations for this position (including being on-call etc). I came out of the interview feeling very neutral (I wasn't sure whether it went well or not since my PhD background is not too relevant to what process engineers do and the fact that my tentative graduation date conflicts with their hiring time frame). The next day after the campus interview, I got a phone call from the recruiter asking if I'd be interested in a second on-site interview at Hillsboro in 2 months. I thought I wasn't considered this round due to my faraway graduation time, but he said there's a leeway so I got a second interview. I was surprised the process was very quick.

2 months later, during the on-site interview which started at 9 am, I was greeted with the first group leader host who I assume put together the schedule for my interview day. He explained to me for 45 mins about the brief history of Intel and the technology. This was followed by my 45-60 min presentation on my PhD work in front of two senior process engineers. Followed by a 1-hr interview by a different group leader in the cafeteria. I went to lunch with the same 2 process engineers who attended my research seminar. This is when I asked them what they really think about their jobs, the pros and cons, and some advice for me. I tried my best to ask them every concern I have regarding the job position and Hillsboro/Portland location. After lunch, I met with the area manager and a different group leader again in the cafeteria. The atmosphere was very casual. Some of the questions they asked are again, what I did in my PhD, what tools I've been in charge of and if I ever had to fix it and what I did, and strangely no behavioral question. Not really any technical question either. In fact, a lot of times the interviewers asked me if I have questions for them. At last, I met again with the first group leader host who asked me how I'm doing and if I have other questions...overall the interview experience was very casual and pleasant although I found it confusing that they weren't asking me a lot of questions (I did a lot of the asking). Again, it's not clear to me whether the interview went amazing or just okay. The group leader host told me I should hear back from them within 2 weeks. I thought I wasn't going to hear back from them after a week of waiting, but I got an offer letter exactly 2 weeks later from the HR.

Interview Questions

• What do you say to your advisor when you don't meet his/her expectations in terms of your research/experimental goals for the week? How did you deal with it?
      Explain to me what instruments/tools you are/were in charge of during your PhD. What did you have to do to maintain the instruments? Did you ever have to fix it yourself?   Answer Question

Negotiation

In the offer letter I got, the benefits are good. The base salary is really high (higher than my expectation but within the upper range that I was going to negotiate for), but the number they gave me was NOT negotiable. I heard it's based on some calculations they have based on the tier of school you come from and your background (and maybe also how much they really want you to join Intel).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in October 2013.

Interview

A person from Intel came to our college campus to give a seminar/information session about Intel. He previously had mentioned that he would be accepting CV/Resume's after his session. This is how I got to meet him and give him my CV in person. After a week of the information session, I got an email from the same person asking if I would be available for a phone interview. After exchanging a few mails we decided on a date and time. On the day of the interview, there were two people asking me questions. One was the same person I spoke to in campus and the other whom I have not met before. They both were very friendly and spoke very casually asking me questions about my thesis work and the equipments that I have used for my thesis work. After nearly 40 minutes of questions that comprised of technical aspects of my research, behavioral and details of my past research experience, they asked me if I would be interested to visit them for an on-site interview. I have scheduled the interview in a few weeks.

Interview Questions

• Describe to me briefly about your research in two minutes!--This one was particularly hard not because I do not know my own research, but its hard to express all the intricate details of 5+ years of work that I have done in 2 minutes!   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in July 2013.

Interview

I met a recruiter on campus and did an interview the very next day. I was asked to come for an onsite interview and I went a couple months later.

The onsite interview was from 8:30am-6:30pm. I did an hour long presentation on my research and then I met with 10 people back to back for 30-45 min each. It was a mix of managers and peers. They mainly asked questions about my research and my thought process. I also got the typical behavioral questions, but those only came from one person and she had a list of questions to ask, maybe from HR. I left the interview feeling very good about it. I hadn't gotten stumped on any questions and was able to maintain a positive demeanor throughout the very long day. I thought I'd for sure get an offer, but I didn't. Not sure what they're looking for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in May 2013.

Interview

Gave resume to a recruiter at a university job fair. A couple of weeks later got a phone call asking basic questions about availability and interest in the position. They flew me out and paid for accommodations and food for 3 day trip.

Interview started at ~9am and a couple of 1 on 1 personal interviews with managers. They discussed the position, requirements, and company ideals/motto/goal/functionings. Next came a 1 hr presentation on my university work which was attended by a small group which then took me out to lunch were I could ask questions about what the day to day job was like. This was followed by more one on one interviews with higher managers discussing any clarifications to questions that had arise through the process.

Following the interview, I was allowed to explore the city with my extra time to get a feel for the area.

Within a few days, I received an email stating that they wouldn't make me an offer for the position.

Interview Questions

• No technical questions asked during the interview only behavioral and situational questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in April 2013.

Interview

Phone interview asking mostly about what work I did with equipment in grad school. Some technical questions, but the guy interviewing me knew less than I did.
    All day on site interview followed. 1:1's with several different process engineers and managers. Lots of questions about trouble shooting problems. Very few questions about semiconductor processing. Also had to give a talk.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when a piece of equipment you were using stopped working. What did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None