Intel Corporation Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Intel Corporation Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR).

Interview

Time consuming and not well organized. It appeared that the company requires many guideline minimums to be met for each candidate resulting in overhead. Some interviewers were not well prepared or indifferent.

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (San Jose, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Started out with a technical phone call. Mostly discussed background and how it might be relevant to the position.

Was then asked to share code I had written from a personal GitHub type account. This was followed by a half day take home project, and finally invited for a few hours of face to face interviews about a week or two later.

Interview Questions

• Was given a 2 page printout of a poorly written Java class and asked to identify any and all issues with the code.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in December 2015.

Interview

Single phone interview that went over my past development experience and testing experience. I gave details about my most recent job assignment and talked in detail about my testing tasks.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been coding   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone screen for about 15 to 20 mins followed by face to face for about 3 hrs i.e 3 to 4 interviews in total, they flew me down onsite, received offer and salary negotiation. I accepted the offer and joined

Interview Questions

• typical interview questions like reverse linked list, implement string compare   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Portland, OR).

Interview

1 Phone Screen by Hiring Manager
    3 Technical Phone Screens from Engineers
    All day on-site interview (1 Presentation, 1 lunch interview with Hiring Manager, 8 1:1 interviews with engineers)

Phone Screens were quite technical in nature, asked questions on Applied Mathematics, C++, PhD expertise, Chemical Engineering, etc.

Lunch interview with Hiring Manager was tricky with all sorts of behavioral questions aimed at judging personality, etc.

Interview Questions

• I was mostly asked interview questions about my PhD, and how I would apply them to the job under consideration.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Gatos, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Los Gatos, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very cut and dry. They presented you with many technical coding problems, one after another and expected very fast responses. They did not allow the time to get relaxed and to ask general questions about their work enviroment, tools they use, and other general things.

Interview Questions

• How to reverse the bits in a 32 bit word. First question.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Smooth process without HR to get phone interview and on-site.
    Seven rounds of technical interview from 10am to 5pm, telecommunication knowledge and C language coding. Some interviewers showed obviously unfriendly attitude for unknown reason and tried to pick any minor issue during the interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR) in September 2014.

Interview

whole day interview, each person - one hour; managers mostly interested in the behavioral skills, especially second level managers. However all those who interview you judge your personal qualities, one that concern everyone the most - your sincerity. Since they from different technical backgrounds expect questions on different subjects, though somewhat related to the job description. Ability to communicate is measured, so don't be shy to ask questions, in particular to make sure you understand what you are being asked.

Interview Questions

• It was an internal interview, the questions were about specific experience in the previous jobs in Intel   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone interview, with a number of technical weed out questions. Lots of friendly back and forth about leading edge technology related to the specific group's current tasks followed. Interviewer came off as a good guy and technically competent.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

Phone screening by hiring manager through phone, then technical exam by a team leader through online meeting, then a detailed skill evaluation by hiring manager through online meeting or optionally a short trip to the work location

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself - previous experience - future career plans - technical questions   Answer Question